IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

...sure, what else? :-)

as said before.. There are simply NO KS ISSUES around. These all are connection related things. Nothing i could do for or against it.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I do keep plug and play on. And I do be leave its my ps audio DS. But it did do this before the beta. But I will play some more tonight.

And thanks for taking the fine to reply

Hi

no relation to the beta or AO in general possible, sorry. There must be something else going on...

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

By default AO is activating High Performance Power option without giving any option to choose.

In high performance power option HDD is always power on and all time spinning which is degrading performance and reducing

HDD life. If I use JPlay mini or RAM Disc in Foobar2000 there will be no disc activity as the playback is from RAM and HDD should be idle but

due to High Performance Power option the HDD is all time spinning.

It will be better to enable an option in AO to select Power Option like:

Do you want to activate High Performance Power Option : Yes/No

Please give it a thought.

Hi Al. I also have an issue that sounds a lot like yours. If I restart the CAPS (usually after tinkering with AO or Jplay) I need to reboot the Directstream. I dont have this problem with network (bridge) playback, only USB, so I wonder if its related to Jplay.

Yes, the entire mix of hardware and software is singing a very nice song indeed. The best I've ever had. PikesPeak made a very big difference but JP6 and AO1.31 have really added something. Like fresh powder snow on the peak.

I always set to KS and hibernate is still a special treat for me when I'm not in a fidgety mood.

BTW I posted about the restart problem on PS Audio.

I use hibernate setting in JPLAY which sounds better but it shuts down the CAPS until the selected tracks have finished playing. If you don't use JPLAY I really recommend it, both the driver (works with PS Audio driver) and the JplayMini player for audio quality.

Jplay's hibernate function is very convenient to use if one has a dual pc setup. For a single pc machine, it freezes a lot of proccesses and tasks on the only machine there is, so....

But thats the nature of jplay's hibernation feature. as often, there is no free lunch.

Jplay's hibernate function is very convenient to use if one has a dual pc setup. For a single pc machine, it freezes a lot of proccesses and tasks on the only machine there is, so....

But thats the nature of jplay's hibernation feature. as often, there is no free lunch.

But if using Foobar2000 or JPLAYStreamer, hibernate mode works without interference with control. Both work just like the single PC isn't hibernating at all, and pressing stop brings the PC out of hibernation. It works VERY well.

But if using Foobar2000 or JPLAYStreamer, hibernate mode works without interference with control. Both work just like the single PC isn't hibernating at all, and pressing stop brings the PC out of hibernation. It works VERY well.

I didnt know this for JPLAYStreamer. Do you still need a USB stick for singlePC or can I just set hibernate on?

I would like to update my 2012 Server for the newest version of JRiver(20). I am currently running in core mode.

I read the AO readme and it looks to be fairly simple. Run service tool. Return to gui. Update Jriver. Run service tool. Run AO.

Did I get that right? Any gotchas to watch out for?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Hi Guys

Just as a general info. The Diagnostic Function of ST has only one purpose, sending us the Log files.

This function does not open any kind of support case and will not trigger any actions by us. Just that

you all are aware of that.

So if one just sends us these log files without prior opening a support case via email, nothing will happen.

Best,

Phil

I installed AudiophileOptimizer 1.31 BETA 9 along with JPlay6 and am blown away, yet again, by the improvements in the sound. I heard a nice improvement from JPlay6 alone, but as usual, it is AO that elevates the sound quality to levels I've never heard before. Clarity and dimensionality have been even further improved. There's a surprising improvement in fullness of the low frequencies as well.

As pleased as I am now, I have two significant upgrades to look forward to: I haven't yet tried HQPlayer with WS2012 + AO and I've just shipped my Lampi DSD DAC out to have it upgraded from DSD128 to DSD256. HQPlayer's performance in PCM -> DSD upsampling was clearly superior on Windows 8. I can't wait to hear what it can do running on WS2012 + AO when I get my DAC back.

Thanks again Phil!

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

As if I needed any extra proof that Phil's AO is just amazing...I've been struggling with my sound since switching to a 2 (or 3) PC setup with AO and Jplay. With a single PC setup I felt the sound was great but since moving to a multi PC setup I've been struggling to recapture the magic, the detail, the naturalness which have typically been strengths of my system. While messing around last night I realized that my control PC was running Server in GUI mode without AO optimization at all. I guess while trouble shooting other issues I forgot I had not run AO. Well after switching to Core mode with AO, I was very happy to hear that my system is once again sounding wonderful! Actually, I think its good to be reminded of how good our systems sound after listening to other ones that may not be as set up as properly. Thank you Phil (as always!)

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hello

This all sounds very good to me, thanks for the feedback. :)

So how do you all think about the progress of the beta sound wise? happy so far? If one is not yet happy, but does not want to write this down here, please feel free to write your feedback directly via email. I can only deliver a good solution when i have a "complete" picture.

Thanks a lot,

Phil

I am on b6 still and have absolutely no complaints about the sound!!!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi all,

I know I am 3 years and 64 pages behind but Sunday arvo is finally the kickoff for the WS2012 + AO changeover.

I have been running a DIY CAPS Lagoon with W8 for 3 years. It is fitted with a Sotm exp USB and 124gig Samsung SSD. Software is Jriver 18. The Lagoon most recently connects via USB into an JLTi tweaked Oppo 105D.

http://www.customanalogue.com/jlti_multiplayer.htm

I have no affiliation with JLTi just a customer.

The tweaked Oppo sounds great and after reading this tread for 2 years I am finally up for the challenge of the CAPS upgrade.

I'm abit of an "If it aint' broke, don't fix it kind of guy' but I have a week off so I can devote all my attention getting the 2012+AO humming.

I have my 2012 R2 Essentials USB ready to go and my key for Jriver. The Oppo uses its own USB driver which I have.

JRemote now on the Ipad. The 80gig of flac files from SSD have been copied onto my NAS drive. I will rejig my JRiver Library before the changeover and backup the Library. The Library zip file will go onto a USB stick ready for the reinstall.

So I'm just putting my hand up to ask...................

What else do I need to do/save/copy remember to do before the reformat wipes the Lagoon clean, ready for the rebirth?

Grateful for any advice from the keyboards of the wise i.e. those that have taken the plunge well before me and made all the mistakes I don't need to make :-)))))

No doubt you will be hearing from me and yes I have read Phil's manual and watched his video's but it the fine print that gets us novices. :-))))

Wish me luck.

Regards Cazzesman

Phil when will,there be another beta release. Also when is the final. Coming out ? The beta is fantastic and as much as I do not want to admit it jplay 6 makes it even better. More stuff to tune. As DSd and PCM need doffrent settings for optimal soind.

Anyway it's another grewt improvement. So I guess the new headphones and amp must be doing well for you lol.

Hi

Beta 10 should be released withing the next days. I don't expect to see many more betas until the final release of 1.31. As always, writing the update of the guide will take a few weeks... :(