IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

26 minutes ago, gbr said:

If you are using the preamp volume knob, you should set the lumin volume to "fixed" (100%). Also make sure that the output that you are using is enabled in the lumin setting.

thanks, as I said I tried that setting: disabling the volume control on Lumin automatically sets the volume to a fixed 100% but its like if this setting is not working. I tried with variable volume as well.

About the output, there is not way to select a specific output (XLR or RCA) but you can only select the "Analog" output which enables both. Anyway I tried to plug both type of connections without success.

Did you try the RCA outputs just for kicks?

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

2 hours ago, alanford69 said:

I tried RCA as well and I tried reset from the App

Once I will be back home I will try a hard reset with the button on the rear panel.

I am afraid something went wrong during the firmware upgrade,

Before deciding to send it in, I'd exhaust all other possibilities.  Do you have the option of listening to it via something other than analog?  If so, try it.  How about trying it in a friend's system or connected to a different preamp?  I personally have been guilty of setting my system connections incorrectly burning precious hours of listening time only for my wife to find I had the cabling installed to the wrong input.

Hopefully something as simple as a factory/system reset will do the trick.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

5 hours ago, BlueSkyy said:

Before deciding to send it in, I'd exhaust all other possibilities.  Do you have the option of listening to it via something other than analog?  If so, try it.  How about trying it in a friend's system or connected to a different preamp?  I personally have been guilty of setting my system connections incorrectly burning precious hours of listening time only for my wife to find I had the cabling installed to the wrong input.

Hopefully something as simple as a factory/system reset will do the trick.

Thanks, I tried with several combinations but didn’t find a working one so far :-(

I will try to connect to someone’s else amp as you were suggesting but do you think it may happen that the Lumin output is incompatible with my Bryston’s pre input? 

No, they are compatible.  You can also directly from the Lumin to your power amps as I did but just be careful with the levels.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:56 PM, wklie said:

Please check PM.

@alanford69did you check pm?

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

👍

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

9 hours ago, robi20064 said:

Could you please confirm that the HDMI output on the A1 is only functioning as standard HDMI and cannot be used as i2s under any circumstance?

Confirm.

Lumin supports HDMI audio as in TV and AV Receivers.

Lumin does not support i2s transmission to another device.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Just tried to order Lumin L1 5TB from my local Danish dealer, bur he informs me that it is currently unavailable due to IC supply issues, with no indication of when it will be back in stock.

I have recently purchased U2 Mini and looked forward to putting it all together.

wklie - Any info?

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

On 11/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, wklie said:

@Al Jones Indeed we are not manufacturing L1 due to supply chain issues.  

Do you anticipate manufacturing of the L1 will eventually resume?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Has anyone tried different DC cables on their modded Lumin (to run on LPS)?

I  recently went from a 1.5m Neotech copper to a .3m Ghent Gotham for my Lumin streamer, and it sounded like I upgraded the power supply or streamer. The Gotham is so much quieter.

Whether it was because of the shorter length or better wire, I don’t know. But someone recommended .3m length for better performance.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

I suppose it’s for a small Lumin, not a S1 or X1. The X1 already have an original top noch dc cable.

1.5m is very, very, very high for a dc cable. The power supply regulators and capacitors should be as closed from the Lumin as possible, or the dc cable as short as possible.
The only Gotham quality for me is the star quad internal arrangement of the wires, the weakness is the basic touching multitrand wires under PVC insulation. So I prefer make my own DC cables from single core wires under teflon insulation (silver or occ copper) or Duelund DCA wires (tined copper is a better choice with multistrand wires), all in a star quad configuration. 

Regards, Nicolas.

MSB Reference> Ypsilon Aelius 2 >Vivid G1 or Andra3

HQPlayer >Diretta DST>Holo May>Holo Serene>Kinki ex-m7>Leedh e2 glass or DIY (Davis/Heil).

3 hours ago, skyline said:

Has anyone tried different DC cables on their modded Lumin (to run on LPS)?

I  recently went from a 1.5m Neotech copper to a .3m Ghent Gotham for my Lumin streamer, and it sounded like I upgraded the power supply or streamer. The Gotham is so much quieter.

Whether it was because of the shorter length or better wire, I don’t know. But someone recommended .3m length for better performance.

Do you use the standard S1 power supply or the X1 power supply upgrade? I would like to find out if Gotham do one for connecting  the X1 Power supply to the S1.

@Nicoben45 

Szia Nicolas, 

Eredeti dc-m van hozzá. az én X1-em. Egyes cégek speciális egyenáramú kábelt gyártanak az X1-hez, de rendkívül drága áron. Számomra elfogadható megoldáson gondolkodom (már Duelundot használok csöves monoblokkjaimhoz: DCA12GA600V  külső táphoz, Dual DCA16GA belső táphoz, DCA 2.0 AGS belső vezetékhez) 

Cheers

Akos