IGNORED

Led Zepelin High Res

So...next week, Led Zepelin Celebration Day is released. 24/48 BluRay audio disc, and many other possible set combos. I cannot figure out which include the 24 bit stuff. One set has BluRay video of the show and is 5.1, another is audio only.

Would have been nice at 24/96.

I have heard it was great to see in theaters and think it is a must have for me.

any thoughts on the disc sets?

Amazon.com: Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak): Led Zeppelin: Music

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

So...next week, Led Zepelin Celebration Day is released. 24/48 BluRay audio disc, and many other possible set combos. I cannot figure out which include the 24 bit stuff. One set has BluRay video of the show and is 5.1, another is audio only.

I have heard it was great to see in theaters and think it is a must have for me.

Amazon.com: Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak): Led Zeppelin: Music

HDTracks has a "major announcement" later today, so this could be it.

Uday Reddy

HDTracks has a "major announcement" later today, so this could be it.

Well, looks like the audio BluRay is the way to get the 24/48 audio… I would not mind the DVD as well, but really want the best quality audio (2 channel) available. It would be very cool if someone offers the 24/48 for download… Live Stash already announced they will offer an audio download, but no hi res….

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I went for this one - 24/48 in both stereo and 5.1 for $18.99 or £13.00

US Amazon.com: Celebration Day (Blu-Ray Audio): Led Zeppelin: Music

EU Celebration Day [blu-ray Audio]: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Arriving Nov 23, Can't wait!

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Not everyone has a blu ray player.

Right! And not everybody is willing to invest in the hardware and software required to rip BluRay audio… It is still questionable to me whether enough music will be released via BluRay disc to justify putting together a ripping set up. Sure would be nice to be able to download the 24/48 music files from Celebration Day...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Went to the opening of Celebration Day here and have to say, although the theater sound could have been better, most of the cuts they played came off better than the originals from the 1975 tour. And I was at the the Garden in 75 and own the DVD of that tour. I kid you not, they were that good. Plant mystifyingly preserved, not even breaking a sweat. Page showing his age by the end,, but the all out, hands down, no holds barred performance of Jason Bonham stole the show. I would highly recommend the BluRay,, for any serious Led Zepplin fan, It's a must see. The high techno stage visuals and lighting are also cutting edge. It will be interesting to hear how well they did with the 5.1.

1.AsusROG750SSD/JRiver22>LightHarmonics-LightspeedUSB> PSAudioDSD+Huron/AnalysisPlus PowerOval10+ AnalysisPlus Solo Crystal In's >PASS Labs HPA-1 headphone amp-AnalysisPlus UltimatePowerCord/BlackDragonV2-AudezeLCD-X

that is the question.

I looked at it this way:

$100 or a little less will buy me any of:

Bluray drive - ex.

OWC OWCVLU2BD12XS Value Line 12X Blu-ray Reader/16X... in stock at OWC that will do both MAC and PC

Ripping software - MAC ex.

Passkey for Blu-ray, the best blu-ray decrpter that decrypt and remove any Blu-ray Protections in movies, even Blu-ray 3D movies. + DVD Audio Extractor -- Full featured DVD audio ripper for your easy use

The Dark Side of the Moon - Immersion Box Set

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: The Dark Side Of The Moon - Immersion Box Set

Wish You Were Here - Immersion Box Set

Amazon.com: Wish You Were Here - Immersion Box Set: Music

These epic Pink Floyd albums were meant to be heard in glorious quadraphonic.

They also paved the way ahead for a large percentage of the well performed and recorded rock of today.

So $400 bought me listening pleasure that few concerts have ever done (and re-runs as often as I like).

Most artists are way less greedy when selling glorious HD Surround or I would be ruined ;-)

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

that is the question.

I looked at it this way:

$100 or a little less will buy me any of:

Bluray drive - ex.

OWC OWCVLU2BD12XS Value Line 12X Blu-ray Reader/16X... in stock at OWC that will do both MAC and PC

Ripping software - MAC ex.

Passkey for Blu-ray, the best blu-ray decrpter that decrypt and remove any Blu-ray Protections in movies, even Blu-ray 3D movies. + DVD Audio Extractor -- Full featured DVD audio ripper for your easy use

OK, the one thing I am worried about is the pass key thingie. Is there a mac version? Your link goes to something that looks to be windows-only.

If I could buy that drive and rip blu ray movies to my hard drive and then play them on my mac, I would buy that today.

What I really want is hi Rez versions of the studio albums. Anybody know if there is any prospect of that?

There is always a prospect... Especially considering that the CD remasters are not that great, and I suspect that many fans do not really like breaking up the albums into the "Mothership" collection.

Years ago there was an interview in Stereophile with the president of Atlantic and they talked about high resolution, and downloads. At that time Atlantic's President (an audiophile, BTW, with a high end system in his office) suggested that there were plans to release the LZ catalog for high res download-clearly those plans never came to fruition. Anyone who has heard the LZ catalog on 45 RPM vinyl knows most (OK LZ-I is not so great) of the titles can produce pretty good sound if mastered well. Considering that they are now releasing high res audio of Celebration Day on BluRay, perhaps they are now thinking that BluRay audio is going to be a way to release high res re-masters... I would set myself up for BluRay ripping for sure if the LZ catalog was released in 24/48 (hopefully better, come on guys...). BTW, after hearing the quality of the performance and recording of Celebration Day, I think most fans are gonna want it for the audio alone. It appears the band was on fire, on time, and in tune.

$200 is a lot for me to rip one or two BluRay albums, and if I also have to purchase Windows it is even more. I have no need to rip multi channel, or movies so there is no extra value in that for me.

SONORE computer audio

Well fingers crossed eh?

re LZ 1, most people have never actually heard a transcription of the original master tapes. This is because the originals were lost a year or so after release of the album and subsequent vinyl pressings were based on a later generation copy of he master tapes. The original pressing of the album is awesome, probably the best sound of ANY LZ album; Page wanted to make the album as loud as possible and used as much of the vinyl disc as possible. If you can find an original pressing you will notice how close to the outer edge the groove starts and how close it finishes to the label.

Hooray! I just received e-mail notification that Celbration Day is available through HDTracks at 24/48! No need to rip BluRay after all. Now, to keep the fingers crossed that more LZ albums may be re-mastered for HDTracks in high res...

SONORE computer audio

Hooray! I just received e-mail notification that Celbration Day is available through HDTracks at 24/48! No need to rip BluRay after all. Now, to keep the fingers crossed that more LZ albums may be re-mastered for HDTracks in high res...

Please let us know how they sound.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

JT, I am on dial up here, so no downloading at this moment. Without some other version to compare "Celebration Day" to, it will be hard to evaluate the SQ, except to say whether I like it or not, but I will report in with my entirely subjective opinion when I have had a chance to listen.

SONORE computer audio

Sound of LZ Celebration Day is huge on my system.

Pagey's guitar is front and center matching Plant's vocals in intensity...like the balance of the mix. JP Jones is one musical cat, his bass parts carry the ball. And young Bonham seems to be channeling his dad...swagger and power, pretty awesome to be able to fill those shoes.

This stuff is why I have 30 or so guitars around the house. Bought Led Zep II for Christmas 1970 at 12 years old with $s from grandma...remember bringing disc to neighbors who got Sweet Baby James under their tree and listening on their new KLH stereo...the panning guitar outro of What is and What Should Never Be had us cranking it!

No oldies act vibe in this performance...pure rock from the guys who raised the bar, much copied but none as good as the original.

Interested in others' view of the recording...works for me.

Tone with Soul

Couple of performance notes:

Several songs are performed down a whole step from original key (Ramble On, Black Dog, Rock n' Roll...), cutting a little slack for Rbt.

Pagey persists with too much effects (chorus?) on his guitar...something he has done recently that muddles his tone. Also seems to be playing newer Marshalls, which are buzzier than the old 100 waters from late 60's early 70's.

To me, much of his magic was in the varied palette of tones he achieved throughout his recording career...a modern Marshall cranked sounds like a buzzy distortion box which homogenizes his tone song to song...but, that is where he is today. (Other guys like EC and Pete T have devolved their tones to less than before, in my opinion...probably hearing loss and endorsement $s at work.)

Tone with Soul

Well, I am dissappointed in the recording quality, I have heard a lot better live rock recordings from big bands playing in arenas and stadiums.

Performance: A, it is clear these guys rehearsed well, and, likely more importantly, the playing is often quite inspired sounding.

Recording: C, the sound is pretty muddy, especially the bass and drums, and the soundstage is less than expansive. Also there does not appear to be much in the way of high frequency extension, air. About average quality for live rock recording, I had hoped for better, considering the effort which went into the film portion of this.

All in all, this is still a must own for any LZ fan. There is some really great playing here for sure...

SONORE computer audio

OK, the one thing I am worried about is the pass key thingie. Is there a mac version? Your link goes to something that looks to be windows-only.

If I could buy that drive and rip blu ray movies to my hard drive and then play them on my mac, I would buy that today.

Bill - Read through the comments in this article Computer Audiophile - Ripping Blu-ray The Easy Way

On my Mac I now use the Samsung SE-506 drive. It doesn't require any decryption software DVD-Audio Extractor rips Blu-ray just fine with this drive.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It does appear that the Blueray video tracks are 24/48 PCM stereo and surround is HD DTS.

I bought the Blueray version and its certainly a great performance all things considered. The sound is excellent but it would have been nice in 24/96 or even better 24/192. I've only listened in PCM stereo so far.

The two-hour feature length film is presented in high definition video with excellent audio quality (5.1, 48 khz/20 bit hi-resolution audio surround sound).

This quote was on the Amazon UK site.

The BR audio only is 24/48. Can anyone shed any light on the makeup off the BR video tracks?

I would recommend the Blueray version definitely over the DVD. I've just bought the Cambridge 751 universal player which does an excellent job on both DVD and BR. The audio quality was better than the top Oppo but Oppo players have been upgraded now and I havn't heard them yet.