IGNORED

Recommend An Album Everyone Should Hear

Here are 2 that I really enjoy:

Ray Brown - BAM, BAM, BAM - with Gene Harris and Jeff Hamilton (this is a live recording with great music and energy). Gene Harris does a version of Summertime that is unbelievable.

Doug Macleod - Come to Find.

If you haven't heard this album, and you like the blues, you will be blown away - great simple music and wonderful recording.

Arnie

Helmet - Meantime

Many people may not be familiar with this band or album, but if you have even the slightest inclination towards metal it is a must buy. Even if you are not into metal, this is just a great album. I may be biased since this was the first CD I ever bought and I have seen them live in concert many times.

Helmet_Meantime.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

For fans of electronic music.... In terms of combined sound quality and performance quality, the 2-disc set, Kruder and Dorfmeister: K&D Sessions is still the absolute gold standard for me.

KDSessions.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Helmet - Meantime

Many people may not be familiar with this band or album, but if you have even the slightest inclination towards metal it is a must buy. Even if you are not into metal, this is just a great album. I may be biased since this was the first CD I ever bought and I have seen them live in concert many times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2456[/ATTACH]

This is one of my top albums.

Glad to see some heavy rock represented here.

Here's a masterpiece for ya' Jsmith:

Jane's Addiction: Ritual de lo habitual

I'm sure you already have it, but maybe not.

alvin lee - pump iron ;for the classic rock fan. had this lp in the mid 70's when it first came out and thought it was great. just recently picked up the cd and about 40 years later it still sounds great. it was like deja vu as soon as i heard the first track i went back in time to the setting when i first heard this album

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

This is one of my top albums.

Glad to see some heavy rock represented here.

Here's a masterpiece for ya' Jsmith:

Jane's Addiction: Ritual de lo habitual

I'm sure you already have it, but maybe not.

I have all of their studio albums except for the newest. I think my favorite Jane's album is "Jane's Addiction". 1% and I Would for You are by far my favorite songs. They are a great band, and still one of the bands I really want to see live.

Jane's_Addiction_album.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

I have all of their studio albums except for the newest. I think my favorite Jane's album is "Jane's Addiction". 1% and I Would for You are by far my favorite songs. They are a great band, and still one of the bands I really want to see live.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2464[/ATTACH]

I have up to Ritual including the 'Triple X' album you referenced as well as Kettle Whistle. Their first three albums are a masterpiece. Jane's is one of my favorite bands of all time. I've seen them many times in back in the day, but I wouldn't recommend seeing them today. I saw them a few years ago and they're nothing like they were in the beginning.

One of my favorite jazz albums. Excellent 2 CD live performnace and brilliant quality of recording. Hi-res version of this album is superb.

HD0797537110820_185.jpg

Main system: Music Server (Win 7/64+Foobar+JPlay) -> Furutech GT2 USB Cable -> Audiolab M-DAC -> Plinius 9200 (Chord Anthem interconnects) -> ATC SCM 40 w/Kimber Kable 8TC speaker cables

TYASIT.jpg

For all you rock and rollers. Ten Years After, A Space In Time. Ok, maybe not an 'audiophile' quality but this will really get your feet tappin'.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

My pleasure. Would be curious to learn how you both find Emmet's CD. I, too, ordered the Gene Harris CD. Including another Harris SACD, Harris Trio Plus One with Stanley Turrentine, available at Elusive Disc as I was attempting to discover if Listen Here is available as an SACD. Look forward to hearing both. Thank you for the recommendations wkhanna.

Best,

Richard

The Gene Harris and Emmet Cohen CDs arrived yesterday and I had enough time to rip and give a quick listen to "In the Element" before leaving for a concert. I must say Richard, Emmet is an extraordinary talent. I'm looking forward to a nice listening session over the weekend.

The Gene Harris and Emmet Cohen CDs arrived yesterday and I had enough time to rip and give a quick listen to "In the Element" before leaving for a concert. I must say Richard, Emmet is an extraordinary talent. I'm looking forward to a nice listening session over the weekend.

So glad your first impression is favorable. Emmet regularly performs in NYC and, strangely I have to yet to catch up with him. I am curious about hearing him live on Hammond B-3. His father tells me there is a CD in the works.

I ripped the Gene Harris Trio Plus One with Turrentine and the music and performances are excellent. The SQ is very good. Unfortunately, despite the remaster by Bernie Grundman, the soundstage through Amarra Symphony sounds like planes stacked up at Kennedy Airport (read narrow). That has to be based on the original masters. I don't remember a soundstage so "compact". In the liner notes the positions of the instruments are discribed accurately but as if they are standing on line. The performances are excellent.

Glad about Emmet.

Best,

Richard

For fans of electronic music.... In terms of combined sound quality and performance quality, the 2-disc set, Kruder and Dorfmeister: K&D Sessions is still the absolute gold standard for me.

KDSessions.jpg

Based on this, I picked this CD up from Amazon. I have been listening to it tonight in my office / listening room while trying to catch up on some work. It is more mellow than I expected, but still very good. It actually is really good for work music. I will continue to give it a good listen.

+1 on the K&D Sessions !!

If you like Electronica, I also heartily recommend 'Northern Exposure' by Sasha and Digweed

41FQCE0XGQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beware that their other Northern Exposure series CDs are nowhere near as good as this one.

Intense, soaring, emotional, energetic. They do seriously rock at times so not for the faint-hearted, but lots of dynamics and contrasts. The passion in the singer's voice really sells it.

They're from Sweden and are a side-project for the members of other bands. I'm really pleased to have stumbled upon them.

Khoma.jpg

One of the most beautifully-recorded albums I've ever heard is Alison Krauss + Union Station Live:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2404[/ATTACH]

The sense of presence and intimacy is amazing.

I'm glad you mentioned this album (what I like to also refer to as "The Louisville Concert". The SACD/DSD sound is unreal!

For Krauss-heads, may I also recommend their album, "Paper Airplane". The HDTracks 24/96 has even more superb sound than the already terrific 16/44.1 CD.

I'm glad you mentioned this album (what I like to also refer to as "The Louisville Concert". The SACD/DSD sound is unreal!

For Krauss-heads, may I also recommend their album, "Paper Airplane". The HDTracks 24/96 has even more superb sound than the already terrific 16/44.1 CD.

Wow, I didn't know "Live" came on SACD! Looks like you can't get it for less an $75 (used, "good" condition) :(

Maybe someday it will be released as a DSD download . . .

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system