IGNORED

Post your favorite Youtube performances...

9 minutes ago, clipper said:

Great video, Iving.  Thanks!  I am crazy about the band and Arthur Lee.  The trumpet is killer.  

If you haven't seen this one yet, check it out.  It's the whole Forever Changes album, played live (from start to finish).  I have the DVD.  It's GREAT.  

Bookmarked!

I can see from the band it's the same episode; i.e., 2003 ... Arthur died only 3 yrs later ... fascinating life story.

• 1 year later...

Context #1 - Glad All Over - Carl Perkins - SUN-287 (1957)

Context #2 - Beatles 'Live At The BBC' (Pop Go the Beatles, 20th August 1963) with George gargling just like Carl - have you seen how George "skips" like Carl too?

YT select - 1985 'Carl & Friends' bash ft. George + Eric Clapton

YT - whole show - Eric's solos aren't Rockabilly - but they are beguiling anyway - he looks spaced to me - likely I was then too

For Eric featured skip to 12:10

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

imo Jackson Browne's Dec. 1974 'Late For The Sky' is a bookmark in the history of recorded music - possibly - probably - the best Album ever recorded. A vital ingredient in its magic is David Lindley's exquisite strings work. Lindley's imagination. His timing. His sympathetic augmentation of Jackson's preposterously precocious lyrics and melodies ... Something mysterious about Jackson's creativity, and the duo's mojo, peaking during 1974 (as proven by 1974 Live performances of older songs such as "For Everyman"). Anyone familiar with 'Late For The Sky' might appreciate this Live performance of "Farther On" from 1976.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

a long time ago I loved Exile in Guyville .. 92/93 ?

Yeah - 'Exile in Guyville' 1993 - a truly great and different Album. I bought the vinyl when it came out. Sadly I don't have it now.

Liz Phair has so many layers. It takes a while to work through them.

I have known about the Girly Sound tapes for a long time. I know what they are musically. They cost me a bit of money. The dread of Loudness is a real modern curse. I'm jumping the gun ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got an 8E Specialty US reissue of Harry Chapin's 'Greatest Stories Live'. This an Album/Live performance I know so well from my younger days. "Mr. Tanner" is elevated by cello and the voice of John Wallace refraining O Holy Night - which slows to deliberate pace in the final bars of the song:

On YT another Live performance of Mr. Tanner which demonstrates vividly to the eye rather than the ear: