IGNORED

Article: Welcome to Computer Audiophile 3.0

Thank goodness for that. To be honest, I gave up posting in this forum because I found the old software absolutely infuriating. I'll try and make a new start.

Brian

Squeezebox Classic - Beresford Caiman-Gator DAC - Quad 520f with Dada refresh - Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Looks awesome!

I've gone through a few of these myself. Hang in there, it will settle down!

It's usually quite worth it in the end.

Regards,[br]Rob McCance[br]Audiophile, Engineer for Cadence Design Systems, and Founder of Atlanta Real Estate Info[br]Mac Mini w/ Pure Music+iTunes>>Audiophilleo2>>Metrum Octave>>Passive Attenuator>>GFA555II>>JBL6332

Hi Guys - Thanks a million for the kind words and constructive feedback. I've come up for air briefly to respond to a few posts. Muc more work continues behind the scenes :~|

The most exciting for me is completion of the iOS and Andriod apps. The only thing left for me to do is submit them to the app stores!

Issues:

what happened to my signature...I edited it (weird slash characters came over from old signature), but didn't remove it. ? I can see everyone else's signature on this thread

So maybe I am mistaken but these comments attached to an article are not able to be "subscribed"

Comments to main articles are treated a bit different than all other comments. Not by my choice, it's just how the software works. All comment threads for main articles are actually located in two spots, 1. under the article, and 2. in a separate forum dedicated to article comments. When viewing the comments in this separate forum all signatures and subscription options are available. I havent' decided what I want to do with the separate forum (display it like normal or hide it as it is now). Anyway, here's a -> link for those interested

I'm also wondering about regaining my subscribed threads

Can't be done.

Must say I miss the section that listed the most recent forum postings.

The What's New button up top is nice as are the options under the Forum button. Today's posts and New posts are pretty handy.

They are both missing the attachments to the posts. Will these attachments be *found*

I'm working on this. No promisses unfortunately.

when browsing through the "cash list", anything with an 'article' link is dead

I'm working on cleaning up all the links in articles like the CASH List etc...

Using the site search seems to only bring up the comments for the articles, not the actual article itself.

The search functionality of the new site is far better than the old site. I suggest using Advanced Search to find something you're looking for then trying to find it in the standard search bar with some exact text from the article etc... It may take a little getting used to, but I promise it's much better than the former search functionality.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Still trying to work out how to subscribe automatically to any thread to which I post.

This post is a device to set the subscription switch for this thread.

Brian

Squeezebox Classic - Beresford Caiman-Gator DAC - Quad 520f with Dada refresh - Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Stil trying to work out how to subscribe automatically to any thread to which I post.

This post is a device to set the subscription switch for this thread.

Can't figure out how to subscribe to an article / review without posting and subscribing under Advanced Options. I found the Subscribe for Forum threads buried.

So just how do you subscribe to reviews?

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

I concur with enicar that the forum posts are too wide to read comfortably. Does the forum software permit a format that adapts to the width of the browser window? Can the user have a pref setting to not use html "frames"?

Also, in What's New > New Posts, there is a lot of unnecessary horizontal space. Can you add number of replies and number of views as a line below the name of the topic originator in the first column instead of devoting a separate column to that info? Also, the envelope icon at the left of each topic seems unnecessarily large. (In fact, I don't have a clue what it signifies.) Can it be moved to the rightmost column so we can ignore it?

Notwithstanding my nitpicking, the new forum software is a big step in the right direction. Thanks, Chris!

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Very nice job, Chris--congrats! Looking forward to the iPhone app, but will there be an iPad app as well?

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

You're right, Chris--the regular style looks very nice on my iPad. The mobile style looks good, too, but I think I'll stick with the regular one. Also, I know you're working on this, but it would be great to get the attachments back on forum messages. We've got to show all those waveforms and spectrum graphs!

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

Russell_L, I believe attachments are easier than ever to insert in a post. There are several ways to accomplish that. For me the easiest is to click on insert image icon after setting up which tool array you prefer and then select the image file either in a folder on your computer or a url image on the web. Compared to the old style of inserting attachments this is effortless now.

Best,

Richard

OOOps, Russell_L, I misunderstood your post. You are voicing a desire to have the attachments formerly appearing in the older version of CA returned to the post from which they are presently missing. Sorry my response to your earlier post missed the meaning of your post. My apologies.

Best,

Richard

I like new design: convenient and nice-looking.

Threads have more compact form now. Reading become better.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Yes, I am finding my way with greater facility each day and getting more comfortable with the changes which vastly improves, enhances with the tool array for formatting, inserting images, navigating this forum. The synergy takes time to acclimate to but the curve of comfort improves geometrically.

I must repeat my deep appreciation for what Chris has accomplished as a marvelous conversion improving what was already a compelling source for computer audio enthusiast to learn about, from, share information, spar with POVs etc.

The experience overall with the version 3 has become an excellent one for me.

Chris, in case you should read this post, I am hoping you will also entertain (better would be implement) creating an area at CA for members to offer to sell (our) equipment etc.based on our bona fides as our enthusiasm also includes changing our system components. The advantage is ecological for us all. Full disclosure" I mentioned this once before to Chris in a PM, and now that I have given voice to this possibility publicly, though I believe others have voiced similar requests, I'll let it go.

Enjoying the music all ways,

Richard

Hi REShaman - Thanks for the kind words. The more people browse around the site the more they will realize how many features are available and how easy it can be to navigate. I've been using the site for a couple weeks and know people will continue finding neat things such as the Groups, Albums, Tags, and other items.

Now that CA runs on super flexible software it's much easier for me to implement a buy/sell forum without worrying too much about SPAM etc... I can make it mandatory that the user has at least X number of posts etc...

thanks for raising this again.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png