• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 8:00 AM, rando said:

Bernstein's Paris and London symphonies are both appreciated here.  

Thank you for reminding me to track down the incomplete Derek Solomons/L' Estro Armonico/Tryggvi Tryggvason Haydn set.  Which based on the little I've heard is even more enjoyable.  Symphony No. 42 on Vol. 9 being what caught my attention.

Not by any conscious effort I've collected a large amount of Beethoven over the course of the last year (At least 3 sets I can think of offhand).  This latest a replacement of the BIS Vänskä SACD's which had grown unusable after years of being well traveled and enjoyed by many others.

91TQlshJVdL._SL1500_.jpg

I have that complete Beethoven Set from the Minnesota Orchestra and Osmo Vänskä.

No electron left behind.

• 6 months later...

I just listened to this, Jeff Goldblum on Piano, Haley Reinhart and Sara Silverman on Vocals. Not sure what to think about it, it's definitely cheese, but reasonably good cheese.

This is sorta how I feel about it as well.

"His piano playing rarely warrants centre stage. But his character – a kind of suave jazz-bar lech – is the heart of the show"

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/jeff-goldblum-album-review-jazz-capitol-studio-sessions-live-tour-dates-a8622616.html

Jeff-Goldblum-album-cover.jpg

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...