Been the week for anticipation resulting in letdown from so-so discs.  It took the linked song about 4 lines before I vowed to never listen a single note he performed ever again.  That is coming from the guy who posted a live performance of a +90 year old man in his original costume performing "I'm my own Grandpa" live in the country music thread.  x-D 

1984 3xCD Erato release.  Not entirely sure if recorded on set during the making of the film (sound effects etc. are quite good) or if parts of the production were moved into a studio to duplicate the movie.  Apparently the film did well turning the opera into a movie.

mbid-a5cf2954-ed68-4319-a27d-1056400ffea

My thoughts were centered on the ability to chart how she had progressed as an artist following the album covers downwards.  Certainly not the sermonizing on indecency I received in this thread for posting Naive "Vivaldi Edition" albums.  9_9

Recent investigation of Nuova Era label produced an exciting Veracini 'Sonate a Violono Solo e Basso' trio recording on a flawless new disc.  Invisibly flawed to the extent playback is ruinous to speakers and too severe for worthwhile playback after running it through glitch removal software.  Sadly the selection(?) and/or playing on this incomplete 4D recording of his Ouvertures are droll and devoid of any Italianate flair. 

Just now replayed No. 3.  Technically all is as one could possibly hope for.  As a replacement for Ambien.  Veracin-zzzzzzzz.

Veracini.thumb.jpg.d89b8d3ec634608695d573bb90b7eae5.jpg

Two, two disc albums that I have been listening to in smaller chunks.  Too widespread of playback to be album of the evening, but interesting enough to post.  

The Rachmaninov was spurred by liner notes from the Hough SACD set mention of them and his irritability at being broadcast or recorded.  As to which of the various releases I simply made a best guess at digitization from vinyl.  Though this one did tempt me just a little.  

MI0001150467.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

This second could have been fulfilled with a much newer recording after the reinvention into a commericalized brand.  For that reason alone I dealt with inferior recordings as a first encounter.  Again there are numerous releases of the same material and a best guess at remastering was made.

71nyU3qkGnL._SL1500_.jpg

2 hours ago, accwai said:

Never mind. Found it

I was a few hours late to point out linked video in the bird (song) thread. 

Amazing you were able to source the album art.  Yet the equally nondescript album info was a small wrinkle.  :P

Folder.thumb.jpg.90a595dcdde262257c04cc0b2bb3f587.jpg

Lambdoma SONAS (System of Optimal Natural Structure) healing sounds. 

"Using this new method we come upon a concept of reproduction In which the signal gets better with every stage of the process it goes through, whereas in a conventional system, each stage causes it to get [however slightly] worse.  SONAS can therefore effectively treat even existing recordings, and intensify their spatial and psychological effects."

0629191604a.thumb.jpg.10348138c0c46a4eff920e5aa4471ab3.jpg