• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

Agree, 100%!  I started going to shows in the mid-70s and stopped in the late 80s.  I have this and the Other Ones, as well as the other available shows from 90-95.  They’re just not the same as, say, Venetia OR from ‘72, or the awesome stuff from ‘74.  

A couple years ago my wife and I went to see Dead & Co.  The band is very tight with Oteil and the boys, but, John Mayer doesn’t do it for me in any way, shape or form.  Not to mention the crowd these days isn’t the same... me, either, I guess.  If I didn’t have 35 years of Jerry I may feel differently, but still wouldn’t like Mayer’s voice/singing.  

Never saw Dead alive as I lived on the other side of iron curtain. Still, I have an absolutely abnormal-sized collection of recordings, including almost everything official + thousands of hours of tapers materials. Every period has its merits, but taking everything else into account, the favorite years are 77, 76, 74, 73, 78, 79...

3 hours ago, Michaelb4 said:

Noted. In my defense I listen on headphones at night and randomize the playlist because I fall asleep before I get to the second recording. I agree with the preference for “Le .... Rameau”. I listened to the other Harmonia Mundi release above (Ensemble Correspondances) yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it. I seem to be often listening to that label.

I put on music before I go to bed quite often. Usually at a low volume, and most often old choral a cappella music. The possible topic to share is the music we choose to fall asleep to.