It's dark and stormy above Genova today. How about sliced peaches floating in red wine and some John Abercrombie.

51Yx6YEp5HL.jpg

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Absolutely fantastic (electronic) music. Just listening right now (my album of the morning ;-). Better than Boards of Canada's Tomorrow's Harvest? I don't know what to say...Anyway, solid candidate for electronic album of this year.

Cool. Is this a new release? I was recently introduced to this artist and really like his work (and I really like the new Boards release btw). I will look for a resource to stream it - thanks for sharing.

Cool. Is this a new release? I was recently introduced to this artist and really like his work (and I really like the new Boards release btw). I will look for a resource to stream it - thanks for sharing.

Yes! From May/2013. You will enjoy it for sure. Thanks to Blake to introduce it to me.

Best regards

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

47edc27a02a0f4ea50bf3110.L.jpg

Some records of "lesser-known" (the Sixth is Bax's best-known symphony) repertoire are so perfect in every way, being an audiophile is the closest one is ever going to get to hearing a definitive performance (literally - I have yet to hear any Bax performed in our neck of the woods). To me a great part of what makes this "hobby" so rewarding.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

His Name is Alive

Stars on ESP

A strong nod to Brian Wilson on some if not all the tracks

4dd6127b955048edc216ad6c3fdff2e1_full.jpg

Low

I could live in hope

More from the cult of Wilson

low-i-could-live-in-hope-lg.jpg

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Low

I could live in hope

More from the cult of Wilson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6733[/ATTACH]

My favourite Low album. I like to think of it as a Disintegration (The Cure) of the nineties. I love how they hold that minor chords... Low are a musical genre on their own.

Cheers

Oscar

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

My favourite Low album. I like to think of it as a Disintegration (The Cure) of the nineties. I love how they hold that minor chords... Low are a musical genre on their own.

Cheers

Oscar

Mine too, their first and self-produced...it's all Low. They are local but no one else was doing anything like this...they are their own genre. At this time they had a big love of Joy Division and would often cover their songs. The last show they did a cover Rihanna..how times change :D

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Ensemble-Pearl.jpg

(Ensemble Pearl)

Drones, dark ambient and more...

Oscar Peterson . . . Exclusively For My Friends

Discs 1 & 2 of 4.

oscar-peterson-exclusively-for-my-friends-.jpg

A recent acquisition. Oscar at his finest!

Accompaniment alternates between

Sam Jones and Ray Brown on bass,

Bobby Durham, Louis Hayes and Ed Thigpen on drums.

Live recordings made in Germany between 1963 and 1968.

1363823.jpg

"Howling Trains and Barking Dogs" (2010)

Cindy Bullens

Available from HDtracks.com (16/44.1 downoad), or on CD

Solid, well-produced country-rock from this underrated artist. The CD is a compilation of co-written songs Cindy wrote in Nashville during the early and mid-1990's with Radney Foster, Bill Lloyd, Al Anderson, Matraca Berg, Mary Ann Kennedy and Kye Fleming, and Jimmy Tittle.

Cindy has flown under the commercial radar as a backup singer with Elton John, an award-winning solo singer/songwriter, and, more recently, a member of The Refugees trio, along with Deborah Holland (of Animal Logic, with collaborators Stanley Clarke and Stewart Copeland) and Wendy Waldman (all-around musical genius).

Cindy is now Cydny, a transgender (!) guy, but, her (his) music speaks for itself, and is worth a listen. Hey, it worked for Walter (now Wendy) Carlos, albeit the other way around...

Oscar Peterson . . . Exclusively For My Friends

Discs 1 & 2 of 4.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6756[/ATTACH]

A recent acquisition. Oscar at his finest!

Accompaniment alternates between

Sam Jones and Ray Brown on bass,

Bobby Durham, Louis Hayes and Ed Thigpen on drums.

Live recordings made in Germany between 1963 and 1968.

This is such a great box! Thanks for reminding me, will put it on my Iphone for travel this week.

5607138228_842f2570b3.jpg

The Monkees

"Live 1967"

Available from HDtracks 24-bit/192kHz download for only $24.98

From the HDtracks website: "Live 1967 features performances from The Monkees’ exhilarating U.S. tour. The group performed hits including “I Wanna Be Free” and “(I’m Not Your) Steppin’ Stone,” featured on this twelve-track collection. The recording captures the band at its rawest."

Yes, those of us that are old enough remember that infamous tour, when The Jimi Hendrix Experience was the warm-up group, until he was fired from the tour after maybe two concerts for his lewd and lascivious behavior on stage. The music biz didn't get much stranger than that in 1967...

HDtracks, you've got to be kidding. Dreadful garbage does not even begin to describe this album. Who would buy this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6758[/ATTACH]

The Monkees

"Live 1967"

Available from HDtracks 24-bit/192kHz download for only $24.98

HDtracks, you've got to be kidding. Dreadful garbage does not even begin to describe this album. Who would buy this?

You, I gather, since you are posting this on the Album of the Evening thread. Or we're you meaning to post on one of the "What's Wrong with HDTracks" threads?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

tumblr_llnjzyo1CA1qc0kdpo1_500.jpg

Miles Davis - Get Up With It

Deep, dense, dark...Not jazz, not rock, not ambient, not funk, and all of that at the same time. Great!

Lambchop - Is a Woman

Lambchop-Isawoman_zpsad2b2c57.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Lambchop - Is a Woman

Lambchop-Isawoman_zpsad2b2c57.jpg

You got me. One of my favourite bands.

jimilivewoodstock.jpg

Was anybody there?

Not nearly as many as the number who've invented a memory and think they were there, and the much bigger number who say they were, even though they know they weren't. Most of the crowd had left by the point Jimi came on early in the morning.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)