1 hour ago, firedog said:

Speaking of Charlie Haden, maybe my favorite album that he appears on, Old and New Dreams second release:

image.jpg?c=-yzWSCFEAb6Q7kA3-4dUfT6KsMtt

+1. However, I would prefer original inspiration to this group, classic Ornette Coleman Quartet... And, if we are speaking about Haden, I would like to mention Keith Jarrett' Quartet recordings on Impulse (Byablue, etc.) and, of course, Survivor's Suite on ECM. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, austinpop said:

image.png

I love Max Richter, and I love the Four Seasons, but would I love Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons? 

Turns out, yes!

I heard Daniel Hope recording on DG and Hope again live with the same recomposed version (coupled with real Four Seasons)... Not for me...

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

@AnotherSpin 

I apologize for my ignorance but I don't really know who Kim Kardashian is except from the fact that (if I'm not mistaken) she had something to do with Formula 1. She's not a driver though, is she.? x-D (ok, I gueess she's into fashion or cosmetics, but I don't really want to know).

I actually also don't know a single song by Justin Bieber (he's kind of one boy - boys band and he's not related to Heinrich Ignaz Franz Bieber in any way, right.? ;)) or Lady Gaga for that matter. Somehow I have always been able to stay away from cultural phenomena I wasn't interested in - probably due to the fact that there are already too many such phenomena I am interested in  :)

I am not a person to ask about Kim Kardashian, she is virtually not known outside of US, I guess. Ask @rando who mentions her repeatedly. I took her birthday date from wikipedia. The same with Biber, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

Christian Tetzlaff, Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin (Robin Ticciati)

Beethoven & Sibelius: Violin Concertos [24/48]

Qobuz

New release from Sep 13th. I "really" like it!

It is to early for a final statement: Maybe it could become a true reference for me. SQ is excellent too.

folder.jpg

Strange... "Heard" Kavakos' Sibelius Concerto in a dream last night

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Musicophile said:

My impression exactly.

Too bad that in the early 80s the HIP influences hadn’t impacted the mainstream yet.

And unfortunately the only new recent recordings are Currentzis (over the top) and Nézet-Séguin (a bit meh).

I wonder if I should start a kickstarter campaign for the perfect Figaro. Given all the nonsense that gets funded, at least this would be a worthy goal.

I liked Levine's a lot. Didn't listen for years though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...