IGNORED

Apple Music Classical

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

Initially, only limited to iphone -- no IPAD.  Without support from hardware streaming vendors, not sure how much impact this will make - - although it looks potentially interesting.  Wondering if they will be the first to stream the Hyperion catalog, which has been taken over by Universal Music.

Good points. Hopefully Apple will listen to classical connoisseurs and those who listen on more than an iPhone. Perhaps iPhone will enable more discovery and good metadata.   

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

As an ex-Primephonic subscriber who was kicked off the service by Apple's purchase, this is a big disappointment.

No iPad App.

No SpotifyConnect-like functionality. Admittedly, Primephonic did not have this either, but they at least were working on it when the sale went through.

I'll stick with Spotify.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

19 hours ago, FIndingit said:

I have probably never found a label missing in the Qobuz catalogue

In UK at least an example in practice would be Exton - in previous years pretty much the whole catalogue was present on Qobuz (although sadly not in hi res) now just a few albums left and most of the tracks within not available.  Same I think on Tidal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope folks are able to access the article:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-music-classical-app-3325c6ba

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 3 weeks later...