IGNORED

Article: JPLAY for iOS Is Now Available

11 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

How does HQPlayer work together with Minimserver?

You need to run HQPlayer Embedded that has UPNP compatibility, once installed it can work as a UPNP renderer and can be controlled by a UPNP control point app :

• Minimserver -> upnp control point app -> HQPlayer Embedded

HQPlayer Embedded exists in two versions:

• OS version, can boot from a usb key
  • or can be installed on a host OS (Ubuntu, Debian …)

You can use several control point apps (different choices on Android and iOS/iPadOS) like Bubbleupnp, MConnect Player, Lumïn (*), Linn (*), Linn Kazoo (*), JPlay for iOS (iOS/iPadOS only)

(*) to run properly they need Bubbleupnpserver running on the same (or wherever you like) Minimserver nas/pc. It gives OpenHome compatibility, needed by the apps, to the HQPe renderer

Stefano

My audio system

does the HQPlayer Embedded run on the QNAP too?

No, it’s impossible:

• Qnap has a specific not compatible OS
  • HQPe needs a (quite) powerful computer to run on

you definitely need a dedicated computer to run HQPlayer Embedded

when more tools /APIs are involved, doesn’t this harm the sound quality?

The UPNP setup is very simple, no APIs or superfluous tools, just a mediaserver and a renderer.

No music file goes through the control point , the control point reads the music files address (and metadata) from the mediaserver and send those addresses to the renderer which provide to ask the mediaserver the corresponding files.

Therefore there can’t be any degradation of sound quality 

Stefano

My audio system

37 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

It’s impossible, unfortunately HQPlayer Embedded can run only on Linux OS (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora)

Oh ok, so I only got a QNAP and Mac Mini - then it seems there is no possibility of using your suggested setup. 

What would solve this is a convolution engine with good usability in Minimserver or am I missing another option? Is @Marcin_gps still around here?

4 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

What would solve this is a convolution engine with good usability in Minimserver

Minimserver (with Minimstreamer option) can solve the issue. 
As I wrote before it is not very friendly but it works fine. 
I suggest to search in the Minimserver forum and ask Simon Nash (Minimserver developer) some support. 
you can start searching on Google 

Minimserver convolution 

and the result will be a lot of posts in Minimserver forum

Marcin is here but I think he isn’t involved in this kind of discussion as he is the developer of JPlay for iOS (among other things like JPlay Femto or hardware solutions)

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Playing with JPlay for the first time on my iPhone with MinimServer running on an iMac and using a dCS Rossini.  When I tap on a song within an album or playlist I expect to just play that song.  Instead it plays the song - AND - I get a message indicating that all subsequent tracks have been added to the queue.   This happens with local content and also within Qobuz.

I can I just play one individual track without adding remaining tracks to the queue?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Playing with JPlay for the first time on my iPhone with MinimServer running on an iMac and using a dCS Rossini.  When I tap on a song within an album or playlist I expect to just play that song.  Instead it plays the song - AND - I get a message indicating that all subsequent tracks have been added to the queue.   This happens with local content and also within Qobuz.

I can I just play one individual track without adding remaining tracks to the queue?

Thanks

Hmm. This is strange. Even if I manually select the three dots on a single track then hit Add to Queue, it adds more than the track. 

@Marcin_gps what say you?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 9:19 AM, stefano_mbp said:

You need to run HQPlayer Embedded that has UPNP compatibility, once installed it can work as a UPNP renderer and can be controlled by a UPNP control point app :

I finally managed to have a setup like this, with Holo Audio Red running HQPlayer Embedded. Though when I try to start a song in Jplay from Qobuz I get the error sending action to streamer. 
Any idea how to fix it?

39 minutes ago, Markus8 said:

I finally managed to have a setup like this, with Holo Audio Red running HQPlayer Embedded. Though when I try to start a song in Jplay from Qobuz I get the error sending action to streamer. 
Any idea how to fix it?

You're running HQP Embedded on a Holo Red? You used the Pi4 image? How are you outputting to DAC? Have you selected the renderer (HQPEmbedded) in JPLAY?

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

You're running HQP Embedded on a Holo Red? You used the Pi4 image? How are you outputting to DAC? Have you selected the renderer (HQPEmbedded) in JPLAY?

Yes I downloaded the latest HQPlayer OS image for the Holo Red. Qobuz streaming already works via the HQPlayer iPad app. 
Output to DAC of the Holo Red is via AES/EBU cable.

Exactly, selected the HQPe in Jplay

IMG_4102.jpeg