IGNORED

Article: Atmos Music and Some Current Favorites, Part 2 (Grammy Edition)

I'm loving all these, but have a special place for Morten and Ulrike's recordings since I was somewhat instrumental in getting NativeDSD to offer these, in both Auro-3D and Atmos.  👍  I've been chatting with both of them and, especially in the case of Morten and his 2L catalog, been diving into previously unheard immersive stuff daily.

Chris, can you do me a favor and check your Thriller 40th stream; I posted on the quad forum that I thought the bass (especially LFE) was somewhat lacking.  I even worried my dedicated LFE sub (I have two others that do redirected low frequencies) was a problem, but when playing other sources it was fine.  FYI.

9 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I'm loving all these, but have a special place for Morten and Ulrich's recordings since I was somewhat instrumental in getting NativeDSD to offer these, in both Auro-3D and Atmos.  👍  I've been chatting with both of them and, especially in the case of Morten and his 2L catalog, been diving into previously unheard immersive stuff daily.

Chris, can you do me a favor and check your Thriller 40th stream; I posted on the quad forum that I thought the bass (especially LFE) was somewhat lacking.  I even worried my dedicated LFE sub (I have two others that do redirected low frequencies) was a problem, but when playing other sources it was fine.  FYI.

Hi Ted, Thriller 40 doesn’t have much content sent to the LFE. 

By the way, check out the center channel in Billie Jean 🙂

For people interested in why Atmos music may not have much LFE content, here is an interesting video. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Morten Lindberg and his 2L brand continue to stand out as the absolute pinnacle of surround / immersive / multi channel recordings.
Please go order a stack of albums on his page, if you like what you are streaming.

2L web shop.
Free shipping from €150

Example album - €26
Tuvayhun — Beatitudes For A Wounded World
Original source DXD (352.8kHz/24bit) 

Disc 1
Hybrid SACD
MCH 5.1 DSD
Stereo DSD
RedBook PCM: MQA CD

Disc 2    Pure Audio Blu-ray
2.0 LPCM 192/24
5.1 DTS HD-MA 192/24
7.1.4 Auro-3D 96kHz
7.1.4 Dolby Atmos 48kHz
mShuttle: MQA + FLAC + MP3
Region: ABC - worldwide

All that for a measly €26 . . . . 

I rip all my disks as ISO's and just just pull the file formats my system is ready for - and it's future proof all the way up to Auro-3D 7.1.4. How much more can you wish for.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

8 hours ago, DigiPete said:

Morten Lindberg and his 2L brand continue to stand out as the absolute pinnacle of surround / immersive / multi channel recordings.
Please go order a stack of albums on his page, if you like what you are streaming.

2L web shop.
Free shipping from €150

Example album - €26
Tuvayhun — Beatitudes For A Wounded World
Original source DXD (352.8kHz/24bit) 

Disc 1
Hybrid SACD
MCH 5.1 DSD
Stereo DSD
RedBook PCM: MQA CD

Disc 2    Pure Audio Blu-ray
2.0 LPCM 192/24
5.1 DTS HD-MA 192/24
7.1.4 Auro-3D 96kHz
7.1.4 Dolby Atmos 48kHz
mShuttle: MQA + FLAC + MP3
Region: ABC - worldwide

All that for a measly €26 . . . . 

I rip all my disks as ISO's and just just pull the file formats my system is ready for - and it's future proof all the way up to Auro-3D 7.1.4. How much more can you wish for.

Agree 100%!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Morten's take on the ultimate recording technique for immersive audio.
FY:I He has 20 years and +170 surround / immersive albums under his belt and +40 Grammy nominations.

YT: Genelec visits Morten Lindberg’s stunning immersive audio studio

Sorry, I don't know how to drop the video in . . . 🤔

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”