IGNORED

Article: Atmos Music and Some Current Favorites, Part 2 (Grammy Edition)

44 minutes ago, jrobbins50 said:

Hey, guys. For those of us with 8 channel setups — 5.1.2 — what format do we use?  Do I need to play out the 9.1.4 through the DRP to get a 5.1.2 output?  Thanks. JCR

Ugh, it’s not Atmos. It’s discrete 9.1.4. Well, the question still remains…. 

It’s a discrete 5.1.4. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The discrete "raw" stuff is unencoded and only for those that have a 10+ channel DAW.  All others would choose either the Atmos or Auro-3D version (assuming you have an AVR, pre/pro or computer that has a decoder on the other end) if they want the immersive ones. 

10 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:

what format do we use?

Still use 5.1.4 format file but you can set pipelines like height channel using Lo/Ro downmixing for the 0.0.2 in HQPlayer's Matrix.

If 7.1.4 format from 2L, omit the original Ls / Rs, then Lrs pipelines to Ls, Rrs pipelines to Rs, and downmixing height channels as previous mentioned.

My 2 cents. 

Georg Solti's extremely famous Ring Cycle will once again be released in stereo (stream and SACD) and in Atmos.

Hearing The Ring in spatial should be really something; the November Gramophone has a piece on the remastering process.

Das Rheingold, stereo and spatial, appears to be available in Apple Music now. The Mac OS Amazon Music app is showing Ultra HD but no Atmos.

The rest of the cycle, Die Walküre, Siegfried, and Götterdämmerung, in 2023 from what I can tell.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:16 PM, ted_b said:

Noted and relayed to the team.  Stay tuned.

Pricing on DXD (and 384) Discrete Immersive has been corrected.  An early Christmas gift to Chris and @El Guapo🌲

Another one of our label family members, TRPTK, is uploading their immersive catalog (Auro-3D in .flac and Atmos in .mkv, where available) to the NativeDSD site.  We should have them up soon.  I'm assuming that they may also sell their DXD discrete immersive stuff, too, but not sure.

3 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Another one of our label family members, TRPTK, is uploading their immersive catalog (Auro-3D in .flac and Atmos in .mkv, where available) to the NativeDSD site.  We should have them up soon.  I'm assuming that they may also sell their DXD discrete immersive stuff, too, but not sure.

It just keeps getting better 🙂

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 11/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, loop7 said:

Das Rheingold, stereo and spatial, appears to be available in Apple Music now. The Mac OS Amazon Music app is showing Ultra HD but no Atmos.

The rest of the cycle, Die Walküre, Siegfried, and Götterdämmerung, in 2023 from what I can tell.

Is this one? I check all tracks are in Atmos now. https://music.apple.com/us/album/wagner-das-rheingold-remastered-2022/1651971225

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I received an email from Bert at Spirit of Turtle. He has now put up two albums in discrete 5.1.4 DXD!

https://spiritofturtle.com/collections/dxd-discrete-immersive-5-1-4

Well, I guess our NativeDSD team calling it Discrete Immersive...the phrase is taking hold.  :)  Or we should have trademark'd it.  :)

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's even easier than Atmos or Auro because no decoder is required. They are straight up WAV files with 10 or 12 channels. I play them in Audirvana or JRiver. 

but if you have a conventional processor or home theater AVR you just get the Atmos or Auro3D version? I don't see any way I could play them with a Trinnov

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

Just now, bbosler said:

but if you have a conventional processor or home theater AVR you just get the Atmos or Auro3D version? I don't see any way I could play them with a Trinnov

Correct. I don't know of a processor that can handle over 192. This has never been a thing released to the public before a few months ago, so processors have never needed this.