IGNORED

Article: Streaming & Local Content Through HQPlayer - A Nice Alternative With The sonicTransporter

On 10/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, Miska said:

That is strange, sounds like there is something happening on the path, at the media server side maybe?

You could also try setting HQPLAYER_STREAM_FREEWHEEL=1 which will fetch the entire track as quickly as possible. Not great if you are on a limited internet connection, but in local network should be less of an issue, if the network supports QoS properly. Otherwise it may cause drop-outs on NAA.

Just tried setting both

HQPLAYER_RESET_SDM=0

HQPLAYER_STREAM_FREEWHEEL=1

but nothing changes, the very long delay between tracks is still there.

Cannot figure what could be happening on the server side …

I can only say that playing DSD from Minimserver, without any transcoding, to the same endpoint (raspberry/RoPieee XL) with UPNP/DLNA enabled works without issues

Setup used:

Lumin app - Minimserver - Bubbleupnpserver - HQPlayerd - NAA/raspberry pi4/RoPieee XL

Stefano

My audio system

On 10/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, Miska said:

sounds like there is something happening on the path, at the media server side maybe?

… I looked deeper in my network configuration … I realized the HQPe computer was connected to a 100Mbps branch, moved it to a 1Gbps branch and everything works without any environment variable set !!!

… it seems the issue is now solved, give me some more time to do more in-depth tests but I think everything is working now

Stefano

My audio system

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

… I looked deeper in my network configuration … I realized the HQPe computer was connected to a 100Mbps branch, moved it to a 1Gbps branch and everything works without any environment variable set !!!

… it seems the issue is now solved, give me some more time to do more in-depth tests but I think everything is working now

It wasn't long ago when a certain member of this community, now banned for egregious behavior, was saying that 100 Mbps was all you need and nobody could change his mind. 

Happy to hear it's working for you at 1 Gbps. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, stefano_mbp said:

@Miska … and finally … I am happy to tell you that you have a new satisfied customer ... 👍

Can you share your final configuration?

PC > Network > NAA > etc... just so we know how you're doing it and people can duplicate this is they want to make sure they have something that works.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...

Did something in 4.28 break DLNA?  I used to be able to steam from JRiver just fine, but haven’t been able to do so for a few weeks.  (Also failed to stream to HQPe when testing with Volumio and LMS DLNA plug-in.). Audirvana and MinimServer do stream to HQPe (and Roon, of course), but it’s JRiver that I really want to get back in shape, so that I don’t haven’t told scan in multiple local libraries.

After numerous reboots of network, devices, and software, continued DLNA server to DLNA renderer success, and no other changes in the system, I am running out of troubleshooting options.  If any of you still can use JRiver to stream to HQPe, it would be great to know that.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

20 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Did something in 4.28 break DLNA?  I used to be able to steam from JRiver just fine, but haven’t been able to do so for a few weeks.  (Also failed to stream to HQPe when testing with Volumio and LMS DLNA plug-in.). Audirvana and MinimServer do stream to HQPe (and Roon, of course), but it’s JRiver that I really want to get back in shape, so that I don’t haven’t told scan in multiple local libraries.

After numerous reboots of network, devices, and software, continued DLNA server to DLNA renderer success, and no other changes in the system, I am running out of troubleshooting options.  If any of you still can use JRiver to stream to HQPe, it would be great to know that.

Yes, HQPe 28 broke JRiver connectivity.

I just reverted to 4.27.2.  It works just as before, with the same JRiver settings as I used to use.

I imagine there aren’t enough JRiver + HQPe users to make a difference because I seem to be the only one on AS complaining about this, but I am satisfied that it’s an HQPe issue, not a JRiver one or a problem with my setup or network.

@Miska, if you think it worth your while, I would love to see a fix. I am content to use 4.27.2, but there won’t be an update path for me if later versions won’t allow streaming from JRiver, Volumio, and LMS DLNA plug-in.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

On 12/21/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mike Rubin said:

Yes, HQPe 28 broke JRiver connectivity.

I just reverted to 4.27.2.  It works just as before, with the same JRiver settings as I used to use.

I imagine there aren’t enough JRiver + HQPe users to make a difference because I seem to be the only one on AS complaining about this, but I am satisfied that it’s an HQPe issue, not a JRiver one or a problem with my setup or network.

@Miska, if you think it worth your while, I would love to see a fix. I am content to use 4.27.2, but there won’t be an update path for me if later versions won’t allow streaming from JRiver, Volumio, and LMS DLNA plug-in.

4.28.2 appears to fix these server issues.  I once again am streaming from JRiver successfully.  Thanks, @Miska, for fixing this so quickly.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know and accept one cannot speedup software devolpment just like that, but you have a tremendous opportunity coming up, unfortunately with a (very) limited timeslot.

Roon is going to release version 2.0, and all signs are indicating it will be Roon Mobile.

Already today there is no support anymore related to solving bugs in their software.

Based on my experience this will become BIG mess at/with Roon.

I will postpone Roon updates as long as I can, whilst looking for an alternative that responds to my needs.

And I think I am/will be not the only one.

If you are really close I feel it is time you start promoting/selling your solution.

There are customers waiting for you. Now is the time!!!

On 9/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, Apollo said:

I know and accept one cannot speedup software devolpment just like that, but you have a tremendous opportunity coming up, unfortunately with a (very) limited timeslot.

Roon is going to release version 2.0, and all signs are indicating it will be Roon Mobile.

Already today there is no support anymore related to solving bugs in their software.

Based on my experience this will become BIG mess at/with Roon.

I will postpone Roon updates as long as I can, whilst looking for an alternative that responds to my needs.

And I think I am/will be not the only one.

If you are really close I feel it is time you start promoting/selling your solution.

There are customers waiting for you. Now is the time!!!

Thank you for your words. This is much appreciated and encouraging.

The app is ready. It is even translated to Japanese. We just need to get approval from Qobuz and sth that seemed trivial turned out to be a massive headache. But It has to be done. 

Please note that the app will be available for iOS (and Apple M CPUs equipped Macs) exclusively. 

Best regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

43 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Thank you for your words. This is much appreciated and encouraging.

The app is ready. It is even translated to Japanese. We just need to get approval from Qobuz and sth that seemed trivial turned out to be a massive headache. But It has to be done. 

Please note that the app will be available for iOS (and Apple M CPUs equipped Macs) exclusively. 

Best regards,
Marcin

Anything we can do here at the forum, or as a Qobuz user (in Europe in my case) to support your challenge?