IGNORED

Can someone explain this?

folder.jpg

On this album, cut 7 (Allegro) in "Music for Strings...." appears with text-lyrics that show up in Roon. The lyrics sound like an old rock song, including the phrase "see you later, alligator". Several other cuts on the record  have other lyrics embedded which also seem to come from Bill Haley.

This occurs with my DSD rip of the SACD, and also in the 2 versions on Qobuz. These all seem to be versions of the release with "bonus" tracks  of the Hungarian Sketches. The only possible explanation I can think of is that the lyrics are mistakenly written to the file.

Do any other versions any of you have access to also have these lyrics embedded? Seems odd that the masters for the different formats would all have this mistake, as they aren't exactly alike in terms of length, etc. 

How is it that the SACD and the 2 Qobuz versions all present this issue?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

https://www.discogs.com/Bartók-Fritz-Reiner-Chicago-Symphony-Orchestra-Concerto-For-Orchestra-Music-For-Strings-Percussion-/release/2422872

"These were original two-track and 'three-track stereo recordings; in SACD surround mode, the music will be heard only from the front left and right channels (two-track) and front left, center and right channels (three-track)".

SACD Surround Sound requires multi-channel SACD player & compatible surround system.
SACD Stereo requires SACD player.
CD Audio can be played on all standard CD players.

Concerto for Orchestra (tracks 1 to 5): recorded October 22, 1955
Music For Strings, Percussion and Celesta (tracks 6 to 9): recorded december 28 & 29, 1958
Hungarian Sketches (tracks 10 to 14): recorded december 28 & 29, 1958

Answered? Or something else?

9 minutes ago, Iving said:

https://www.discogs.com/Bartók-Fritz-Reiner-Chicago-Symphony-Orchestra-Concerto-For-Orchestra-Music-For-Strings-Percussion-/release/2422872

"These were original two-track and 'three-track stereo recordings; in SACD surround mode, the music will be heard only from the front left and right channels (two-track) and front left, center and right channels (three-track)".

SACD Surround Sound requires multi-channel SACD player & compatible surround system.
SACD Stereo requires SACD player.
CD Audio can be played on all standard CD players.

Concerto for Orchestra (tracks 1 to 5): recorded October 22, 1955
Music For Strings, Percussion and Celesta (tracks 6 to 9): recorded december 28 & 29, 1958
Hungarian Sketches (tracks 10 to 14): recorded december 28 & 29, 1958

Answered? Or something else?

No, I upoaded the post prematurely and you saw it  before I actually completed editing the text. Something else. 

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Where is the confusion ? What to explain ? Don’t like the sound? 😂

The sound is actuallly fantastic. It's just odd to have those lyrics displayed with the music, and I haven't run across anything like this before. 

39 minutes ago, firedog said:

"see you later, alligator". Several other cuts on the record  have other lyrics embedded which also seem to come from Bill Haley.

the lyrics are mistakenly written to the file.

I can confirm there is no known (to me anyway) connection between Bill Haley and Bartok.

I don't know anything about Roon/Qobuz. But I use EAC bigly. The built in freedb engine/db that I fed for years and years is now defunct. But CUETools and MusicBrainz are still there. In EAC there is Extended CD info which can inlude misc. info.. Lyrics fields are not uncommon elsewhere in metadata/tagging. Although I don't archive lyrics I think I have seen "legacy" instances. So I would guess it's simply an inferior/mistaken database. I can't even stand spelling errors etc. My Libray is bespoke/perfect. Part of the reason I loathe online. Anyway - I digress, I guess.

On 8/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, firedog said:

On this album, cut 7 (Allegro) in "Music for Strings...." appears with text-lyrics that show up in Roon. The lyrics sound like an old rock song, including the phrase "see you later, alligator". Several other cuts on the record  have other lyrics embedded which also seem to come from Bill Haley.

This occurs with my DSD rip of the SACD, and also in the 2 versions on Qobuz. These all seem to be versions of the release with "bonus" tracks  of the Hungarian Sketches. The only possible explanation I can think of is that the lyrics are mistakenly written to the file.

I can't see how that could be. You should be in full control of your own DSD files' metadata (.dsf files presumably, since .dff files don't support metadata) and Qobuz always stream their FLAC file tracks without any tags, plus Qobuz don't currently support lyrics anyway (so the info can't be coming through the Qobuz API).

No, Roon's the likely culprit here, eg:

On 8/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, DuckToller said:

Could it be the Roon database link that provides a mistaken attempt to crossover Bartok with Rock'n Roll?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 8/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, firedog said:

folder.jpg

Do any other versions any of you have access to also have these lyrics embedded? Seems odd that the masters for the different formats would all have this mistake, as they aren't exactly alike in terms of length, etc. 

How is it that the SACD and the 2 Qobuz versions all present this issue?

Sorry, no lyrics at all with my remastered vinyl 😁 But does sound terrific

Regards,

Dave

Audio system