IGNORED

New Streacom FC10 Alpha back panel for audio community

Congrats Anwar! Nice idea and add flexibility for FC10 users.

My preferred version will be the 1 low profile bracket and 2pcs normal bracket, hope in the near future Streacom will introduce that version too.

Manufacturer of Core Audio equipments

www.coreaudio.eu

Source: Core Audio DAIDO ULTIMATE + CA KARUNA ULTIMATE USB/SPDIF Bridge + CA DENPO ULTIMATE DAC

Amplifiers: MBL 6010D preamp + MBL 9008A monoblocks

Loudspeakers: MBL 101emkII, YG Hailey 2.2

Cables: TARALABS USB, Muse Digit, Muse IC + ZERO Evolution, Muse SP

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 6:06 AM, Anwar said:

Yes, the design was finalized in June 2021 and it is in the pipeline.  Unfortunately I have purchased enough FC10 cases (existing design).  I hope they offer this new backplate to existing FC10 owners.

I suggest you contact them directly on availability.

Well done Anwar!  I asked them to do the low profile PCIe slots on the FC10 a few years ago and they said "no".  Good for all they're finally doing it.  I think this makes Streacom competitve with HDPlex again, though Larry is doing some nice stuff on the new H5 (last ETA mid-Sep), and I prefer his heatpipe assembly (not having seen the new one yet).

14 hours ago, Darryl R said:

Well done Anwar!  I asked them to do the low profile PCIe slots on the FC10 a few years ago and they said "no".  Good for all they're finally doing it. 

I also remember asking them a could of different enhancements and they came saying they have no plans. I am glad they are now listening to their customers.

14 hours ago, Darryl R said:

I think this makes Streacom competitve with HDPlex again, though Larry is doing some nice stuff on the new H5 (last ETA mid-Sep), and I prefer his heatpipe assembly (not having seen the new one yet).

I also like Hdplex cooling system a lot better but I like Streacom chassis (I have two) better than H5. They feel solid and possibly thicker. Any idea what is Larry upto ?

51 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The FC12 isn't big enough?

15 minutes ago, Dev said:

fc12 is not passive cooled. It’s similar to other ATX tower case which needs fans.

The FC12 is fantastic . I have had one for years. I used to shout about it but gave up. Great for ATX and even bigger. Great for PCIe direct lanes. I'm not sure about availability now. Passive cooling is fine with copper ice pipe. Depends on CPU. Even with newer higher W CPUs we have seen so much inventiveness here with DIY cooling. Did I say the FC12 is amazing. A Forum search might be informative.

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

I have never ventured trying to passive cool fc12. do you have some links on how its done ? what is copper ice pipe ?

Below is NOFAN CR-80EH Copper IcePipe.

You can go to c. 65W.

I have no problem flac to 176.4 with HQPlayer - CPU only about 5%.

If I got a more powerful mobo/CPU I would keep this case and muck about with blocks and pipes.

Everybody's doing it!

image.png.04cec6a260a82332ae386450a3e7d826.png

2 hours ago, Dev said:

fc12 is not passive cooled. It’s similar to other ATX tower case which needs fans.

I have an FC12 as well as @lving. Mine is water cooled, although not in use at the moment due to reasons beyond my control, when it was running it was silent,  unless it was put under severe stress to get the fans and water pump to ramp up, with both the CPU and GPU water cooled

No electron left behind.

15 hours ago, Dev said:

I also like Hdplex cooling system a lot better but I like Streacom chassis (I have two) better than H5. They feel solid and possibly thicker. Any idea what is Larry upto ?

Same here, plus I also like the silver finish.  But Larry has been very responsive to individual requests, and really cared about customer input.

As I understand it, at a minimum, he modified the H5 rear plate removing the curved edges at the top and bottom (so no more screw alignment there and potential interference with pre-attached I/O plates), and the low-profile PCIe bracket slots at the bottom, all to ease assembly.  He was also wondering about attachment of the PCIe brackets at the top, where customers had complained about stripping threads.  I'm not sure what, if anything, he resolved to do there.  He has also modified the heatsink assembly, I think to allow more clearance over mobo's with taller VRM heatsinks, but I'll defer to others with more specific knowledge of this.  You can always email him directly and ask.  I was happy to hear of the rear plate mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Anwar again for your work!

My question is the IEC inlet. Furutech and other companies are making really good IEC sockets with or without fuse option and gold plated/rhodium plated versions but unfortunately not with switch option. The others on the market are very very low quality. 

Did you find a good quality one?

Manufacturer of Core Audio equipments

www.coreaudio.eu

Source: Core Audio DAIDO ULTIMATE + CA KARUNA ULTIMATE USB/SPDIF Bridge + CA DENPO ULTIMATE DAC

Amplifiers: MBL 6010D preamp + MBL 9008A monoblocks

Loudspeakers: MBL 101emkII, YG Hailey 2.2

Cables: TARALABS USB, Muse Digit, Muse IC + ZERO Evolution, Muse SP

18 hours ago, wittao said:

Thank you Anwar again for your work!

My question is the IEC inlet. Furutech and other companies are making really good IEC sockets with or without fuse option and gold plated/rhodium plated versions but unfortunately not with switch option. The others on the market are very very low quality. 

Did you find a good quality one?

Viktor, good point.  Additional 2 holes can accommodate IEC inlet with fuse and without switch, like Furutech.  The issue then is with the AC rocker switch - too many options, but must fit within the available space.  Is there a need to use audiophile-grade rocker switch?

Maybe an additional plate to fill the hole after Furutech type inlet installed, then drill the plate to install selected rocker switch.

Music server builder