IGNORED

Synergistic Research SR Orange Fuse snake oil ?

Of course, Frank, you would disagree. It is your arrogant attitude that causes this. You don't listen to science or any reasonable explanation. Read (listening - which my wife points out I can improve also) and understand is key - also you MAY BE WRONG. But that doesn't stop your religious audiophile reaction.

A good scientist understands that information improves and may change over time. One doesn't double down on the nonsense; they accept the factual data and move on. YOU DO NOT.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Not arrogance ... experience. I discovered 35 years ago that the quality of the typical audio connection makes a difference, having never ever heard of such a factor, before that time - from any audiophile publication, etc. And this has been confirmed over and over again, over the years, in all the systems I've dealt with. So, it's part of my tool kit, and always will be ... of course, some people will always run to the Big Expert in the room and say, "Pretty please sir, what do you think ...?!" ... but that's not my way ...

I've said a number of times, that I can't bear listening to a rig that has obvious connection quality issues for any length of time; it has a very distinctive distortion signature which just grates, and once recognised you hear it in every track played.

On 7/26/2023 at 1:41 AM, bambadoo said:

Science? What science is behind these fuses? Where is the spec sheet?

Exactly what I am saying. People believe these can change sound, they believe it so they hear it. Our brains do all types of things like that.

I am on your side in this.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects