IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

3 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

A:WGYR

3 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

A:WYRG

You are not saying that you found audible differences in that part, do you ?

(they are officially the same)

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

I tried the variations on both A and B sides with Herrera config.  If your asking whether the differences where audible?  Absolutely 

I liked Herrera initially but after critical listening I was needing more focus in the low end and distinction in the drumming ie; cymbals.  It’s amazing how much changing the config on the lush^3 changes the atmosphere specifically the openness of the soundstage.

2 hours ago, kurb1980 said:

I tried the variations on both A and B sides with Herrera config.  If your asking whether the differences where audible?  Absolutely

OK Thanks. It is not from this day that people report that differences like these:

A:WGYR

A:WYRG

are audible. But I never went that path ...

Again, thanks.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 1 month later...

I've been using my Lush3 almost since new with A:WYRG B:WG and thought things were fine.  I've tried A:WYRG B:WY and felt the bass was just way too much.  I've also tried A:WYRG B:WYR and feel it's just too flat.  Then to make a very long story short, I tried a new DAC and preamp.  Both could not beat out what I already have, so they are both gone.  When I went back to my original setup, my brain changed.

Putting my setup back to what I used for months just didn't sound as good as it used to.  I tried many different things to dial it back in, but it was not working.  So today I decided to try changing Lush3 configurations, but staying away from what's already been posted in this thread.  It is NOT EASY!!

I tried about 20 or so configurations.  All I learned was that I found quite a few configs that sound rather similar, most not better than what's been done.  That was until I decided to bring the back wire back into the mix.  It seemed every time I connected a black wire to either end, I actually preferred the sound.

The winner today is A: WY&BG B:WY&BG.  It was immediately identifiable as more realistic when I was trying so many configs.  So I compared it to A:WYRG B:WG and I find the latter to be too hot in the upper mids and midbass.  The former is much more balanced to my ears, but seems just as clean sounding (something VERY hard to find).  I've also tried variations on this one as well, but this one seems to have the best bass and keeps the midrange in focus.

Of course there's the break-in or settling in of each config that I obviously didn't do today.  The good news is there is nothing I feel I have to get used to, so I just hope this config doesn't change for the worse over the next few days.  

This thread has been very quiet.  I'm surprised.  You all can't be happy with that last config.  I see kurb1980 likes one of the variations I tried.  I hadn't seen that prior to my post, but I think mine is better than that one.  It's the right idea though, and of course opinions vary.  I will compare mine to that one next week to be certain.

• 1 month later...

Hi @TJHUB,

There's no response really to your config, and possibly this is because people did not like it much. For me this is in order indeed. I never told so (out of respect) but maybe now I can do it so it may help others too.

---------------

Jan 9, 2021 :
A:W-Y&B-G, B:W-Y&B-G
A:B-G&W-Y, B:B-G&W-Y
Both are the same but the former was brought up by TJHUB on A/S.

No, this is as bland as H*ll. Not much stereo as well. No punch. No dynamics. Nothing actually.
It lasted no more as 4 tracks.

---------------

We must always keep in mind that no playback chain is alike, although miraculously a config which works out (after thorough observation) almost always works out for many more. Also, all is relative and mostly relative to annoyances. What's an annoyance for me, may not be an annoyance to you because other annoyance prevail (e.g., once you have too much bass, it will be hard to be annoyed by harsh highs because it masks). But if you like much bass (as in "more than me"), then what.

Best regards and thank you for your efforts !

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What an incredible this Lush^V3 USB cable is. The changes on different systems are amazing.  Using the Vadim1 config in my system,  the upper midrange is a little bit harsh and lost the deepness of the bass musical notes.  The bass is ok if I don't play bass with heavy musical notes.  The stage shrink and lost the 3D that I have before.  Very important, this is happening in my system and not necessary in yours.  

My recommendation is:  use the configuration that is the best match for your system and ears.  Your ears are the final judges, trust in them. 

I am using the HQplayer4 virtual CD player with an incredible resolution. My sound is transparent with the right coherence from bottom to top, with an outstanding definition and clarity. The stage is wide with the right amount of dynamics.  Voices are projected to the air with an outstanding realism.  The sax and metal musical instruments have air between them and you are able to hear the air passing through the trumpet, sax (specially sax), trombone etc.  The strings instruments have their natural timbre with the right harmonic texture. The sense of 3D is impressive, I have the drummer and the cymbals together.  I am very happy with my system...very happy!

Speakers: CLXs / BF-210 sub Martin Logan. Cable: SPM Nordost Reference speakers and Interconnect RCAs. Conrad Johnson: ET-7S2 pre and Classic 120SE power amp.  Holo May KTE DAC. Power Conditioner: BPT Signature 3.5 Plus.  Computer: Mac Pro later 2013 cylindrical shape. USB cable: Lush ^V3. Shun Mook products: Mechanical Ground and SMD. CD transports: Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t. Linn Sondek LP-12 with Magnepan Unitrack tonearm. Cartridge: Sumiko Blackbird low output MC.  Oracle Delphy VII, Syrinx PU3 tone arm and Denon DL 103R MC low out put MC.  Phono Preamp: Vincent Pho300 modified with special caps and metal foil resistors. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, vadim1 said:

First foto is B side

For more than a year I've been very happy with A:WYRG B:WYR on both Lush^3s in this digital chain:

Music Server > EtherRegen > ET^3 > UltraRendu > Lush^3 > ISORegen > Lush^3 > DAC

But this week I attached an AfterDark Double Emperor (outboard clock) to the EtherRegen, and suddenly an already amazing system was twice as alive and dynamic as before. In fact, it was a bit over the top. I wanted to dial it back just a little, so I applied Vadim1's 3/10/2022 configuration to both the Lush^3s, and that made things too tame, so I restored A:WYRG B:WYR on the upstream L^3 (the one between the UR and the IR), and kept Vadim1's config on the downstream L^3.

Ahhhh yes. The sound is heavenly. A perfect balance of open/dynamic/alive and easy-on-the-ears for extended listening sessions.

Thank you @vadim1 for posting that configuration.

P.S. I'm using your config w/o the jumpers. I couldn't hear any difference with them on or off.

• 4 months later...

Hola Chicos,

I did a change in my system.  I upgrade my preamp, now I have a Conrad Johnson ET-7 S2, and surely it is a big step forward of my previous preamp. Now it has over 800 hours or so and it is fully broken in.  I had tried another configs suggested here and also took the nerve to find another config,  and the truth is: I'm keeping my last one that Peter liked too.  

Yes, there are in some configs, a deeper bass (too much for me) and a brightness that makes too forward the percussion instruments.  Others were too flat and lacked fun, like a potato without salt.  Some might like a different config and you are entitle to it, it is your liking, your ears and a totally different audio system. I do respect your choice of config. 

This is in my system, and also my liking. With the Holo May Kte and the new preamp, the Lush ^3 really shines.  I got a Venom Shunyata USB and the sound was OK. I had it for over two weeks, and when I changed back to my Lush^3, I got an astonishing magical sound back.  I love the harmonic context and texture of the musical instruments. They are not over sized or lower sized.  The voices are projected to the air with much realism.  The coherence is fantastic. The transparency of my speakers is back again.  No more over bright cymbals or too much bass energy. A super steady stage with a truly sense of 3D.  I can choose in the stage any musical instrument or voice that I would like to listen to.  The drummer is terrific with the right amount of energy (dynamics) on every stroke from the drummer sticks. 

The wood instruments like the bass clarinet is very impressive. The flugelhorn is top-notch with the timbre.  The air through the sax and trombone is an experience to listen them. The strings are very silky having the right definition and the resolution.  

I must confess that this is the best sound that I ever had, I am this happy. My system is like a butterfly, a lot of process and metamorphosis had happened in my system since I got this Lush USB cable. 

Happy listening!

Speakers: CLXs / BF-210 sub Martin Logan. Cable: SPM Nordost Reference speakers and Interconnect RCAs. Conrad Johnson: ET-7S2 pre and Classic 120SE power amp.  Holo May KTE DAC. Power Conditioner: BPT Signature 3.5 Plus.  Computer: Mac Pro later 2013 cylindrical shape. USB cable: Lush ^V3. Shun Mook products: Mechanical Ground and SMD. CD transports: Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t. Linn Sondek LP-12 with Magnepan Unitrack tonearm. Cartridge: Sumiko Blackbird low output MC.  Oracle Delphy VII, Syrinx PU3 tone arm and Denon DL 103R MC low out put MC.  Phono Preamp: Vincent Pho300 modified with special caps and metal foil resistors. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received this cable, configured it based on the post above this (MarkusBarkus configuration), plugged in between my Innuos Zenith MkII and a Kii Connect that sends the signal to a pair of Kii Three speakers. I spin up The Hi-Fi Collective's new album (which is a recent release from the brainchild of David Chesky). Wow!

On first listen, there is a lot more clarity and definition to instruments and sounds than the JCAT USB cable I was previously using. What the hell happened with just a change in one cable? The delineation is quite an audiophile trait but the music just sounds right (to my old ears). Also, the bass just increased a notch with this configuration and cable. I'm hearing things I didn't hear earlier. 

Will continue to share thoughts as I go through my usual favorites in the catalog. I think this cable will have me following a white rabbit....

Innuos ZENith Mk 2 > JCat USB > Kii Control > Kii Three

Denon X6700H AVR > generic RCA-XLR > Kii Three

GIK Room Treatments

• 8 months later...

Dear friends,

el Corso, mr Roch Giustinianni had passed.  
R.I.P Roch.  He was a truly audiophile and a very dear friend!

Dear @elcorso, Dear Roch,

Thank you very much from all the great inspiration from the rainforest. That you may be remembered by all those who shared your hobby and beyond.
Your last cable has been sent.

Hugs,

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it is not possible to stuff the thick gauge wires in a UCB C small connector. People asked before and we tried, but it just does not fit in there.
And changing the cable wiring itself is not an option (IMHO).

Regards,

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

• 2 months later...

I tested a few configs of Lush^3 today:

#1. A:WYRG B:WYR - my first setup, it was better than my favourite Audioquest Cinnamon (which I prefer to Coffee and Carbon)

#2. A:WYRG B:WY - best setup so far; better 3D depth/precision & blacker background than #1 above

#3. A:WYRG B:WG - timbre perhaps better than #2 but more foggy, less black background, less stage depth

#4 A:BW--YR B: BW - metalic tone, precise but worse timbre; cleaner delineation of sources, faster but weird; perhaps for some metal music, not for me

My setup: Mac Book Air M2, Baseus C-to-A adapter (tested a few of them), Lush^3, Dave, OYAIDE PA-02TR V2 (RCA), Enleum AMP-23R, HiFiMan Susvara.

Love the Lush^3 cable.

Highly recommended to those who listen to the details and want the natural timbre of their music.