IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

Hola Peter,

A pic with the last config will help us a lot to do the config.  

Thanks for the Lush^V3!  

Roberto.

Speakers: CLXs / BF-210 sub Martin Logan. Cable: SPM Nordost Reference speakers and Interconnect RCAs. Conrad Johnson: ET-7S2 pre and Classic 120SE power amp.  Holo May KTE DAC. Power Conditioner: BPT Signature 3.5 Plus.  Computer: Mac Pro later 2013 cylindrical shape. USB cable: Lush ^V3. Shun Mook products: Mechanical Ground and SMD. CD transports: Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t. Linn Sondek LP-12 with Magnepan Unitrack tonearm. Cartridge: Sumiko Blackbird low output MC.  Oracle Delphy VII, Syrinx PU3 tone arm and Denon DL 103R MC low out put MC.  Phono Preamp: Vincent Pho300 modified with special caps and metal foil resistors. 

On 1/31/2021 at 12:36 AM, PeterSt said:

image.png.bd36253d6efd5abd3c4ac545fc90ef96.png

Indeed ... remove the "R" from the B side (the right hand connector) you see here. That leaves only White and Yellow connected (thus: B:W-Y).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

I did the change now. Can`t really give a lot try cause family is sleeping. 

Maybe a bit more open in the mid and highs. Maybe also a bit more quicker sounding but I could be wrong. 🙂

Anyway, thanks its easy to try and fun as well.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

Thanks Peter, the pic is a very nice tool to have.

Kind regards,

Roberto.

Speakers: CLXs / BF-210 sub Martin Logan. Cable: SPM Nordost Reference speakers and Interconnect RCAs. Conrad Johnson: ET-7S2 pre and Classic 120SE power amp.  Holo May KTE DAC. Power Conditioner: BPT Signature 3.5 Plus.  Computer: Mac Pro later 2013 cylindrical shape. USB cable: Lush ^V3. Shun Mook products: Mechanical Ground and SMD. CD transports: Bel Canto CD2 and CD3t. Linn Sondek LP-12 with Magnepan Unitrack tonearm. Cartridge: Sumiko Blackbird low output MC.  Oracle Delphy VII, Syrinx PU3 tone arm and Denon DL 103R MC low out put MC.  Phono Preamp: Vincent Pho300 modified with special caps and metal foil resistors. 

I got removing the Red, Green and Black B connector:

1) less booming bass

2) much better separation between the musical instruments

3)voices are projected to the air with outstanding clarity and having a naturalness as never before

4)The timbre is much better.

5) the metallic bright sound is gone

6) wider stage with a truly sense of 3D

7) outstanding focus...I love this new config very much.

Thank you again,

Roberto.

Listening more program material, the dynamics are better too.

TX.

Thanks to Roch (El Corso) too.

Happy listening!

R.

16 hours ago, roberherrera said:

I got removing the Red, Green and Black B connector:

1) less booming bass

2) much better separation between the musical instruments

3)voices are projected to the air with outstanding clarity and having a naturalness as never before

4)The timbre is much better.

5) the metallic bright sound is gone

6) wider stage with a truly sense of 3D

7) outstanding focus...I love this new config very much.

Thank you again,

Roberto.

2083903779_Porrn.png.e44d4de49faa66226218f94da15245b8.png

Roch

You are too much dear Roch.  Thanks for your all the help!!!

Kind regards,

Roberto

Thanks Peter,

The above comments are regarding what I am hearing with this new Lush^V3 cable.  And the last config made a good clean signal changed for good.  

The bass is a little bit less strong but I find this more accurate.  Also the musical instruments separation is better. I have more steady stage, with better sense of 3D.

Do you, users, have the same thing that I am having?

Roberto.

7 hours ago, roberherrera said:

Thanks Peter,

The above comments are regarding what I am hearing with this new Lush^V3 cable.  And the last config made a good clean signal changed for good.  

The bass is a little bit less strong but I find this more accurate.  Also the musical instruments separation is better. I have more steady stage, with better sense of 3D.

Do you, users, have the same thing that I am having?

Roberto.

Well after a shorter listening period I swapped back configuration again. I missed the analog more musical presentation. But the new was also good in some areas but a bit tiring to listen to. So a mix of both but still have the analog sound with more air and details would be best for me.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

June 1, 2021 (???)
A:W-Y-R-G, B:W-Y
Difficult to describe because this happened because of a loose wire – two actually. The B on the A side and the R on the B side. However, because I work with dipswitches since November 2020, I never noticed this. Also, the B on the A side was already lifted by means of the dip switch. Peter St

This posted by Peter in this topic forum on Monday P4. Original setting  A:W-Y-R-G, B:W-Y-R I think you found this. Just remove Red wire from "B" side.

Robert

I wasn't really used to my new configuration yet and there comes the message that the red wire can be removed. Listening the first night was a clear difference for me, but I was quite tired and I know that listening to music doesn't work for me. There was more detail but it didn't relax me. Now I have learned that you should not draw conclusions too early, expectation bias also counts. But in the days that followed I became more and more enthusiastic. The depth placement and a more clear and natural vocals. Focus better etc etc. Really just an extra scoop on top of all important factors. The bass is certainly no worse, from Billie Eilish to Till Brönner Dieter Ilg a thousand kisses remains fantastically beautiful. I would love to join in the search for a better shield configuration but my listening time is quite limited and I now have a moment of all your favorites replaying again because it has become so much nicer. Thanks for sharing.

Kii Three / Kii Control / Lush 3 Uptone Iso Regen-Farad super 3 / OpticalRendu Farad super 3 / Etherregen / Roon Rock-Farad super 3

Thank you Simon.

8 hours ago, simonp said:

I would love to join in the search for a better shield configuration but my listening time is quite limited and I now have a moment of all your favorites replaying again because it has become so much nicer.

Let's not forget that for me myself it lasted a year or so until I found a config which (still) seems to be for the better. Once in a while I tried something, but it never worked out. And then to think that this one was by accident ? (a wire went loose)

Anyway, explicitly trialing is almost undoable - just because there are too many to try and it leads to frustration (loss of precious listening time) mostly. But *if* something new is found, it is rewarding.

It tells once again how important it is to share.

XXHighEnd (developer)

5 hours ago, lmitche said:

Hi Peter,

Sorry to be slow to respond. Lot's of good changes are happening here, a house move and a new consulting gig. Being busy has meant I haven't listened to music in 4 to 5 weeks, since shipping my last build. Long time no listen, means my ears are in good shape for making SQ comparisons.

After establishing a base line set of tracks. Per your request, the red wire on my .7 meter Lush^3 was pulled, and I listened to the same tracks again. Not good. I heard a thinner image across the spectrum. Because of this, there is less presence and the sound is generally more hifi then lifelike. There was also some harshness introduced. This resulted in an unpleasant fluttering in my ears.

Placing the red wire back instantly brought the reproduction back to life and my ears were happy. I listened for another 1.5 hours without incident. The system sounds superb and I enjoyed listening to new releases and covers of old songs on Qobuz.

Of course, your experience with this new Lush^3 config may be different. I hope this post is helpful to you.

Larry

The same here in the rainforest!

It's like the sciatica that has been killing me for days ... Now I have the same pain, but with gain ...

I could cite a lot of examples, but I'll only mention  two:

-Volodos play Mompou. I can better hear the resonance of the piano box and the incredible dynamics that this excellent pianist gives to Mompou's not so dynamic music.

-Stevie Ray Vaughan on "Tin Pan Alley (AKA Roughest Place In Town)" the initial guitar attack does not sound muffled.

Roch

• 2 weeks later...

Hola from the rainforest too.

I just played the song "Silence" by Joel Xavier = guitar and Ron Carter = acoustic bass.  Hearing Mr. Carter plucking the bass strings with a such detail is breath taking. The guitar has its natural resonances...very precise in my humble system. 

"A Handful Of Stars" by Eddie Higgins Quintet.  The piano exhibits a naturalness with  a very delicate harmonic texture.  The sax is like having it here, with me.  I can hear all the air passing through the keys and the bell. There are two more sax players in this recording.  Mr. Scott Hamilton and Mr. Ken Peplowski.  You can call the names when they are playing.  The new setting allows me to listen easily who is who at sax.  

"Stimela" by Hugh Masakela, at the opening of the song, there is a cow bell along with the drums, and Hugh starts to recite, and explaining the trains in Africa...then a sax and later the trumpet, a quite impressive sound with dynamics and right timbre.  

"Fields Of Gold" by Eva Cassidy.  Her voice is projected a little bit more forward than the before config.  The lead electric guitar  (Eva) is warm and delicious to listen to.  She has a very special way to play the guitar, her harmony and her feeling is amazing.  

It is good to have different electronic gear and speakers. What I have is: Martin Logan CLX with Conrad Johnson ET-7 preamplifier with the Classic 120SE power amp. Cables are Nordost Reference SPM.  Dac an Exasound E-32. I really like what I am hearing.  

Happy listening!

Roberto - what a great description. Maybe it is especially great because it would be my own description of all these elements, which I sure did not write that anywhere. I should add (for once) that you and your band create such exceptionally good quality recordings, that anyone should trust your description(s) for that reason alone.

Roch, your description just matches that, but possibly Roberto won't let you in in his band for this reason. ;-)

Larry, yes, your description is highly appreciated, as always. I hope you pulled the red wire from the correct side of the cable (which would be B) because it is rare that you and me don't perceive the same of it. I tried to hear your "issues" but failed. Still, the most valuable. Thanks a lot.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)

8 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Roch, your description just matches that, but possibly Roberto won't let you in in his band for this reason. ;-)

🤣🤣🤣

Best,

Roch

PS: Not only the equipment through which we listen to music, the acoustics of our listening room is also very important.

As for the musicality and the correct timbre (or not) of certain instruments, it is closely linked to the personal tastes of each person. I don't want to talk about esotericism 🤩

Yes Roch,

Acoustic room treatment is one of the most important things for critical listening.  I do know your room and the music really shines there.  There is a special magic in your room...it is a very uncommon dedicated place that you have.  The harmonic texture along with the dynamics, and the transparency...to get all these things, only good ears, with much care and time dedication, you are allowed to have all this.  

Yesterday I was listening to Mr. Gil Shaham "Sarasate: Virtuoso Works For Violin".   The track No8 "Zapateado" the piano is so impressive if you do a comparison with its size vs the violin. The violin played by this super gifted player, is a jewel for the ears.  The fun that both musicians are having playing together and also all the delicate musical notes coming from the violin, the new config makes it amazing. 

With this new config, my ears are very happy.  All type of music sounds great.  I am most with jazz and classical, and once and then, I listen to pop or easy rock...like David Gilmore, Yes, etc.  I love Bossa Nova and South America rhythms...good musicians too. 

Happy listening!

19 hours ago, roberherrera said:

"Stimela" by Hugh Masakela, at the opening of the song, there is a cow bell along with the drums, and Hugh starts to recite, and explaining the trains in Africa...then a sax and later the trumpet, a quite impressive sound with dynamics and right timbre.

Hi Roberto,

All the music you quoted is extraordinary ... good ears from a good musician !

But let me correct you: The cow bell is played by a bull.

Please remember that I know more about cows and bulls than room treatments!

Best,

Roch