IGNORED

USB CARD XE - Xtreme edition USB Audio output with ground-breaking performance

thanks.

When do you expect them to ship to customers?

cheers,

bernard

Room: Gik Acoustics room conditioning | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Shunyata Everest + Shunyata Sigma NR v2 power cables | Source: Mac mini with LPS running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore OpticalModule + Melco S10 + Shunyata Omega Ethernet | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro Core Infinity | Speakers: Chord Company Sarum T speaker cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Hi Marcin,

Were the cards shipped as planned?

Thank you.

regards,

bernard

Room: Gik Acoustics room conditioning | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Shunyata Everest + Shunyata Sigma NR v2 power cables | Source: Mac mini with LPS running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore OpticalModule + Melco S10 + Shunyata Omega Ethernet | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro Core Infinity | Speakers: Chord Company Sarum T speaker cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Thanks a lot!

Audiophiles are an impatient bunch! :)

it just goes to show that specialized forums are a double edged sword. It’s easy to reach passionate people always looking for the latest way to improve their system. But once the buzz is generated, delivery can cause a bit of frustration.

The way we behave is in fact no different than my 8 years old daughter... :)

cheers,

bernard

I agree!  Sometimes things have to be put into perspective, there are worse things in the world than a delayed delivery of a USB card 😇

On the other hand, Jcat could make communication about the delivery more reliable. There will be good explanations for all delays. But every time one occurs, a customer has to inquire about the revised shipping date. That is annoying and gives me the feeling that things are not in control. 

Yes, I share the feeling.

As you understood I was mostly making fun of my own impatience. :)

Thanks for the update.

btw, where are you in terms of Ethernet XE?

thanks.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update Marcin, we are getting close. 

Great! Now let’s hope all of them perform as specified!

Hi Marcin - thanks for posting.  Mines due Friday :-)

Do you have a diagram for powering the card via LP4 molex?  Just that typical LP4 molex diagrams show 5v+ and GND, Rather than 5V+ and 5V- as per usual DC connection.

Also, PCI bus, vs DC Barrel Jack vs molex - how is the card configured to select the relevant power source.  Does it have a jumper on it?

Thanks

Received the card. It appears to be doing just what I had hoped: an improvement over my motherboard’s usb which was somewhat flabby and diffuse.  For the past several months I had found myself preferring the tightness of my SPDIF connection (via allo Digione) over the super upsampled sounds from my motherboard’s USB.  Initial impressions, but I feel like I’m getting the tightness of my SPDIF without the slight treble glare.  Look forward to developing a more refined sense of this card as it burns in.  

19 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Hi Marcin - thanks for posting.  Mines due Friday :-)

Do you have a diagram for powering the card via LP4 molex?  Just that typical LP4 molex diagrams show 5v+ and GND, Rather than 5V+ and 5V- as per usual DC connection.

Also, PCI bus, vs DC Barrel Jack vs molex - how is the card configured to select the relevant power source.  Does it have a jumper on it?

Thanks

Only 2 pins in the LP4 molex are connected: 5V and GND (RED and BLACK wires)

image.thumb.png.36a3ae1a7698827bff00930019963b6f.png

5 hours ago, WilliamWykeham said:

Received the card. It appears to be doing just what I had hoped: an improvement over my motherboard’s usb which was somewhat flabby and diffuse.  For the past several months I had found myself preferring the tightness of my SPDIF connection (via allo Digione) over the super upsampled sounds from my motherboard’s USB.  Initial impressions, but I feel like I’m getting the tightness of my SPDIF without the slight treble glare.  Look forward to developing a more refined sense of this card as it burns in.  

Thank you for the report! It will keep improving up to 250 hour mark. 

Enjoy :)

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JCAT USB XE and Sablon panatela reserva usb 2020 both arrive in one day... I'm very lucky.

I'm still awaiting linear power supply, so the sound is thin in the lower registers running off my ATX power supply (I presume this is the cause based on past experience), however immediately apparent is the absolute clarity of this combination... vocals are off the scale in terms of realism.

Burn in.... boring!