IGNORED

USB CARD XE - Xtreme edition USB Audio output with ground-breaking performance

6 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Appologies, more questions along the same theme of optimising my approach.. 

1. If using bus power only (no dedicated linear) then what voltages is the card using through the PCI express connection... 12v (stepped down internally by LT3045?), 3.3v or both?
  2. JCAT Website states "State-of-the-art LT3045 linear regulators and filters eliminate noise interferences from a PC" Would you be able to explain a little more about what filtering and noise reduction actually occurs at the PCI Express connection?
  3. If powering USB XE using an internal/external linear power supply, then is it true that the only source of electrically transmitted noise through to the USB XE will therefore be just the SMDAT/SMBus data collection pins?  Do you know which voltage rail the SMDAT/SMBUS data tranmision pins are powered off?

Thanks

1. 3.3V

2. The filtration and noise reduction is provided by the LDOs.  You can see  the exact  specs here: https://www.analog.com/en/products/lt3045.html#product-overview

3. I don't know. But I can tell you that the PSU for the PC is still quite important and easily audible, if  that  was your question.  

As a matter of  fact, we are in the process of designing a high-power version of a PSU for a PC.

Regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, Marcin_gps said:

NEXT BATCH UPDATE

I'm afraid I have unfortunate news. 

I've just received an email from Digi-key regarding availability of the OCXO oscillator we use on the USB Card XE. The original shipping date when we placed the order was June, 6th. Now the date is June 30, 2020, with an additional, approximate 6 business days transit from the manufacturer to Digi-Key.

The SiT5711 is popular and SiTime has not been able to get ahead of the demand. Regardless, we are pushing to get the oscillators sooner, but it seems that the USB Cards XE will not ship sooner than in July.  

I know this is disappointing, but there is very little we can do. 

I will keep you updated. 

On the bright side:

Sorry I ordered already and canceled 3 days ago cause of my already great sounding server but I heard it at a friends server and it’s a musthave….

Best regards,

Marcin

Hi Marcin, 

Could you provide us with an updated delivery schedule of the XE card?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Pablooo said:

Hi Marcin, 

Could you provide us with an updated delivery schedule of the XE card?

Thanks!

The current lead time information for the OCXO SIT5711AC-KW-33E-20.000000F-ND is that they are expected to arrive at Digi-Key on July 8, 2020. We have  other  components in stock, so the assembly will start shortly. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

If you wish to receive a refund, please send an email. 

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Thank you Marcin, I just messaged you a copy of my order. Sorry this didn't work out, best of luck to you.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:27 PM, Pablooo said:

From what I understand is that the oscillators were in backorder and this causes the delay of the delivery of the XE card.  However, the oscillators were sent to Jcat 2 weeks ago so I figure the delivery of the XE card is about to take place. @Marcin_gps could you confirm a more precise dispatch date?

Hi Pablooo, 

Yes, this is the case. We received the oscillators and we're assembling the cards. Once  the batch is ready and tested, the cards will be shipped from the factory to our place. If everything goes smooth, all backorders should be dispatched within 2 weeks. 

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Hi Marcin,

are you still on track for a shipment end of this week?

cheers,

bernard

Room: Gik Acoustics room conditioning | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Shunyata Everest + Shunyata Sigma NR v2 power cables | Source: Mac mini with LPS running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore OpticalModule + Melco S10 + Shunyata Omega Ethernet | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro Core Infinity | Speakers: Chord Company Sarum T speaker cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

3 hours ago, bernardl said:

Hi Marcin,

are you still on track for a shipment end of this week?

cheers,

bernard

The factory promised to ship the cards by the end of this week. I will receive them  mid-next week. I will call them again tomorrow for an update. 

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Thanks!

cheers,

Bernard

Room: Gik Acoustics room conditioning | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Shunyata Everest + Shunyata Sigma NR v2 power cables | Source: Mac mini with LPS running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore OpticalModule + Melco S10 + Shunyata Omega Ethernet | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro Core Infinity | Speakers: Chord Company Sarum T speaker cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1