IGNORED

USB CARD XE - Xtreme edition USB Audio output with ground-breaking performance

7 minutes ago, baconbrain said:

Marcin,

The good news is that I experience signal drops also when using a 3.1 USB Port on the MB, so the problem is not an XE specific one.

The bad news is that I cannot for the life of me figure out what exactly is causing my issues. Even with a basic WASAPI connection it drops. Sometimes after an hour of playing time and sometimes within 10 minutes. I have disabled just about every possible thing in BIOS attempting to find the culprit, but to no avail.

Realize this is not really related to your product thread so I will discontinue the discussion here. If someone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them, so please send me a PM.

Bacon

Does your mobo have dual bios? You could try reset bios to default settings? Also, reinstall OS? 

2 hours ago, Boomboy said:

I've just updated audioLinux menu .. system update and latest 5.17 kernel but I can't get sound out of my USB xe card .I plugged in a different version of audioLinux and the card works . 

So do I need to update the drivers on the usb xe ?

Please ask Piero at AudioLinux - he has the USB XE in his system and it works for him. 

regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, bit01 said:

I have tried the XE card in my server (i9-10900K in the GB Z490 Aorus Master). It is recognized in the x4 slot.

I have tried supplying it with:

1. a DIY MP Audio HPULN (LT3045s) in series with two Alexey LT3045 modules: HPULN (7/3A)  -->LT3045 (6V 1.5A)-->T3045 (5V 1.5A)

2. the Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 (gets hot!!) charged by PH SR7T.

3. an industrial  linear supply (5V 3A using the LM723 regulator) .

1. & 2.  allow the card's excellent resolution to shine. However compared to 3., much less fun factor! 3. allows more body, more PRaT - the 'can't stop listening' type! All subjective of course.

These supplies can be found under different  brands (Power-One/Bel Power Solutions, International Power, Condor, SolaHD etc and can be obtained very cheaply on ebay used - for the DIYer on a budget.  You need a case, fuse, wiring, plus connectors to put it together.

Mine is this one I believe:

https://www.amazon.ca/SOLA-SLS-05-030-1T-POWER-SUPPLY-LINEAR/dp/B005T5A6TG

typical datasheet:

https://www.mouser.ca/datasheet/2/373/Linears_DS-14479.pdf

https://www.mouser.ca/c/power/power-supplies/linear-power-supplies/?number of outputs=1 Output&output power=15 W

ATB

b.

SLS-05-03L PS.jpg

Thanks for sharing! 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, Marcin_gps said:

I have 2 updates:

1) Apparently some of the latest motherboards with new intel chipsets are unable to detect the USB Card XE. We verified the issue and confirmed that the new firmware for the card solves the issue on new chipsets. 

Here is the guide how to upgrade the firmware: https://www.inateck.com/blogs/news/asm3142-firmware-upgrade-operation-steps

This is only for users who experience this issue. 

2) The USB Cards XE are back in stock in large quantity. 

Happy New Year!

Marcin

Trying to upgrade the firmware on the JCAT XE. As per this link it all looks ok but when you click the download link for the upgrade programme (it goes to the link below), the zip file contains a file called ASM3142MPTool_V1122.7z

https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/1/0485/3766/5699/files/KU5211_Upgrade_Tool.zip?v=1620987138

This file does (obviously) not match the files in the pictures on the page (where there are install programmes). Any ideas what to do now? @Marcin_gps

Thanks, Tim

Just now, TimF said:

Trying to upgrade the firmware on the JCAT XE. As per this link it all looks ok but when you click the download link for the upgrade programme (it goes to the link below), the zip file contains a file called ASM3142MPTool_V1122.7z

https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/1/0485/3766/5699/files/KU5211_Upgrade_Tool.zip?v=1620987138

This file does (obviously) not match the files in the pictures on the page (where there are install programmes). Any ideas what to do now? @Marcin_gps

Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim, 

Send me a PM and I will upload the latest FW files for you.

Regards,
Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, TimF said:

Thanks, Tim

Were you able to update the firmware?  If yes, can you send me the file and the procedure?  Thank you

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On 1/19/2023 at 6:27 PM, Marcin_gps said:

Please send me an email and I will provide you with the firmware files.

Best regards,
Marcin

Hi Marcin, 

Is it possible to update the firmware even if I have no compatibility problems and my XE works perfectly on my Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero?

Could the FW update improve the performance/sound of the card?

Antonio 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

On 1/25/2023 at 7:50 AM, 87mpi said:

Hi Marcin, 

Is it possible to update the firmware even if I have no compatibility problems and my XE works perfectly on my Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero?

Could the FW update improve the performance/sound of the card?

Antonio 

Sure, I'll send you a PM. 

I have not compared SQ with the latest FW. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

21 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Sure, I'll send you a PM. 

I have not compared SQ with the latest FW. 

Hi Marcin, 

I have successfully updated the firmware of my Jcat Usb XE and i have to say i have been able to appreciate a slight improvement in sound quality.  

Thank you ! 

IMG_20230126_201436.jpg

IMG_20230126_202706.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...