IGNORED

Grimm Audio MU1 and MU2 Music Players

FredM

pardon my ignorance, but how exactly does one use bacch with the MU1? I've spent a bit of time on their site and understand signal flow pretty well, but i'm wondering how the Grimm's playback processing goodness fits into the audio interface environment they would have you set up. 

thanks in advance

Kii Three/BXT < Transparent XL AES < Grimm MU1

Equitech 1.5Q

Signal and Evidence AC cables

Just now, aangen said:

My MU2 arrived today. I have just pointed Roon at my NAS and it is currently scanning a lot of music. An exciting day for me! I plan to restore the last backup I made for Roon on my MU1. I don't believe there will be any issues. Fun!

Enjoy! Hope you like it.   

"You should create the circumstances in which happiness can be made possible" - Herman van Veen

For info about my setup, look at my profile

10 minutes ago, aangen said:

My MU2 arrived today. I have just pointed Roon at my NAS and it is currently scanning a lot of music. An exciting day for me! I plan to restore the last backup I made for Roon on my MU1. I don't believe there will be any issues. Fun!

Did you get one with local storage , if so would be interesting to see if same file sounds different when steamed from NAS vs Local storage ( that’s in case if you went with local storage of course) probably need a couple of weeks for burn in but would be good to know

2 hours ago, aangen said:

Sweet!

Fleetwood Deville SQ < Bakoon AMP-51R < Mola Mola Tambaqui < Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH-SP ADIO < Grimm MU1

30 minutes ago, Low325 said:

Cool another little update. Yay! image.thumb.png.4a91a9c6ff867fb912a6bce5f46df14b.png

Interesting.  My MU1 is not offering this update.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Roon recently had an update too.  Maybe you need to do that first. On Grimms site it says the update was pertaining to it. 

looks like the update was available a few days ago already?

Fleetwood Deville SQ < Bakoon AMP-51R < Mola Mola Tambaqui < Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH-SP ADIO < Grimm MU1

13 minutes ago, Low325 said:

Roon recently had an update too.  Maybe you need to do that first. On Grimms site it says the update was pertaining to it. 

looks like the update was available a few days ago already?

Nope.  Been running 1388 for a few days now.  Fully up to date.  My MU1 which I just rebooted to see if that might "kick" it into "finding" the update did not help.  I suppose it might be some Grimm server that's not fully working on my behalf. 

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Did one last check, but this time via the Gold ring.  For whatever reason it showed an update available.  Ran the update from the hardware.  Worked.  Web interface is now displaying 1.5.9

Steve Schaffer

Yay a little bit of a sync problem between the webui and the doing it via the gold disc. Gold disc probably better….

1 hour ago, aangen said:

My jaw has been on the floor for hours now. Eelco! Eelco! Holy moly!

The GTT Video guy, there is a possibility he sold the most MU1s in the US. He may have sold a lot of Tambaquis. Anyone who bought those pieces is going to want to trade them in for an MU2. He is going to be so sad about this. So sad. None more sad.

This piece of gear is stunning! I can choose to stream to the BACCH units Endpoint. I send the processed signal right to the MU2s DAC and hooray. But if I choose to use the MU2 as an endpoint, all that processing (which I love) is gone.

Right now I am just listening to the MU2, playing DSD256 without alteration, and boy. Wow!

”Over The Rainbow” Ben Webster Live In Copenhagen…..

Ha ha ha, welcome to the club. Hearing is believing.

And you're just half way there. Let it run for a week and the bottom end and overall dynamics will improve, allowing to look even deeper into the recording space and experience more energy of the performance. And it will gain more 'flow' that makes it so natural and pleasurable to listen to. 

Enjoy!

"You should create the circumstances in which happiness can be made possible" - Herman van Veen

For info about my setup, look at my profile

3 hours ago, aangen said:

My jaw has been on the floor for hours now. Eelco! Eelco! Holy moly!

The GTT Video guy, there is a possibility he sold the most MU1s in the US. He may have sold a lot of Tambaquis. Anyone who bought those pieces is going to want to trade them in for an MU2. He is going to be so sad about this. So sad. None more sad.

This piece of gear is stunning! I can choose to stream to the BACCH units Endpoint. I send the processed signal right to the MU2s DAC and hooray. But if I choose to use the MU2 as an endpoint, all that processing (which I love) is gone.

Right now I am just listening to the MU2, playing DSD256 without alteration, and boy. Wow!

”Over The Rainbow” Ben Webster Live In Copenhagen…..