IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

18 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Not true at all.  Amir lets people post most anything they like, but they will probably be asked, mostly by members, to supply verifiable confirmation. That IMO is only fair. You can't just make up fake news there and expect to get away with it.

I hope you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Amir the guy who went on an incredible rant about the Schiit Yggdrasil because it did not measure well enough to be as good as the rest of the world believes it to be?  The whole episode seemed like a personal attack.  Regardless of whether the Yggy is a good DAC or not, it was not objective approach, in the common English use of the word, even if he was asserting an "objectivist" position.  So let's not get too fixed on Amir being fair or scientific in his approach

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s going to take some common sense and communication between those who really want to help make it work. If you aren’t up for it, I understand. 

I don't expect any of my comments to be objectivist. but maybe it would help those who are moved to send them a notification similar to other notifications on post reactions

12 hours ago, marce said:

But it is OK to read the same subjective statement a million times...

Why do you have to hide behind the teachers legs, provide proof, explanations and fight science with science, because music reproduction is science... Making and creating music is art, capturing, recording and playback is engineering.

I did not say that, and no I do not think it is helpful for people to repeat things endlessly.  If I wanted to hide behind someone's legs I would have remained silent, or just upvoted others. 

The beginning of your post is the kind of incivility I hope we can get rid of.  Ironically, the end of your post argues for my position that we should ban people not segregate ideas--the music and its reproduction are (should be?) inseparable to enjoyment, are they not?

6 hours ago, Jud said:

Back a few years this all was new enough that I think more of us felt we needed help where we could find it, and had an obligation to provide it if we could. There was more of a sense of being in this together before we all got so damn swaggeringly confident in ourselves.

YES!!!  In my early years at this, Chris and other posters  on CA were absolutely essential to my ability to put together a decent system.  THANKS TO ALL ADVICE GIVERS OF OLD!!!