IGNORED

The problem with subjective impressions

Summit

15 hours ago, Allan F said:

Your interpretation of my post does not at all reflect my intention or beliefs. I have no interest in banning people. That power is Chris' alone. exercised when he believes a member has egregiously breached the rules of the forum. As for "censorship", my post was simply a reminder that individual members can hide the posts of those users who they find to be offensive, of no value, or both. I do not advocate the general "cleaning of any comments they don't like" from any forum. Having said that, I reserve the right, as does every member, to attempt to avoid being subjected to what I consider to be the pollution spewed by certain members. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with a philosophical point of view, as evidenced by the fact that you are not one of the very view members on my Ignore List.

Sorry I used your post to make my point, on reflection another post, on another thread (Que Sam, Play it once, would probably been better for my mini rant...😀

56 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

I’m assuming the bi-peds screwed up and therefore don’t really deserve a reprise. In the grand scheme of things I don’t think nature cares about who ate who. Octopus intelligence has evolved along completely different lines from humans and it seems only fair they should be given a shot to evolve their equivalent of language and writing systems (squid ink based?) and whatnot. 

Who need ink when your body is a monitor...