IGNORED

Hi-Res - Does it matter? Blind Test by Mark Waldrep

Ajax

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Most Audiophiles don't give a damn about Academic reports like this .They listen to music for enjoyment.

Yes, I did find it and have a quick look at it.

Try using your OWN ears and report what you hear for a change, instead of quoting from boring Academic reports and textbooks . 

Your outrage is ironic considering that the Academic Report in question supports your opinion.

Results showed a small but statistically significant ability of test subjects to discriminate high resolution content, and this effect increased dramatically when test subjects received extensive training.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It's exactly the same factor that caused the deterioration of the 16/44.1 version that people like yourself refuse to accept.

I gather from this that you were not able to hear the obvious distortion right from the start of the converted version.

How do you know that both files were affected in the same way?

For example, they may have been stored on different servers, one with clean power and the other with dirty power.

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Now you are grabbing at straws because we both know that you don't believe that this could possibly make any difference.

So what differences (if any) did you honestly  hear between FrederickV's  X and Y files ?

He has already stated that most participants actually preferred the 16/44.1 version after conversion to the high res format again.

I have nothing further to say to you on this subject that hasn't already been said to YOU on  numerous occasions already.

Of course I don't believe any of the Internet Transmission Deterioration nonsense.

I also don't believe what you believe I believe when it comes to high resolution files.

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

So what differences (if any) did you honestly  hear between FrederickV's  X and Y files , and if so, which version did you prefer?

I'll let you know.

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Let the forum know, not me. This suggests that you didn't listen to them originally as you said, or you would have had some opinion.

You now already know from others posts including the Spectrum Analysis that I posted which file was which anyway, just like Dennis does..

I didn't really look at that post so I don't know which is which.

7 minutes ago, esldude said:

Which is actually illuminating in regards to this methodology of yours where you send out files, count as positives those that agree with you and dismiss those that don't.  

This is only one of the issues with his "methodology".

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

It's not my problem if people like yourself and several other participants in this thread are unable to hear what many others report, including the benefits of higher resolution audio formats such as 24/192 and DSD, due to not accepting what  many Audiophile members are telling you, when you treat all solutions to the various problems such as IsoRegens , improved USB cables, markedly lower noise PSUs  etc. as Snake Oil .

This is evident with the recent nasty attacks on Uptone and John Swenson by one member of this small vocal group of Anti Audiophiles.

I note also that Kumakuma doesn't appear to have enough confidence in his own  listening abilities to even  report what differences (if any) he heard between the X and Y files, despite saying previously that he had listened to them, and that he would post his impressions.

Nice deflection but this has nothing at all to do with what we are talking about (the issues with your test methodology).

Just now, Rt66indierock said:

Think more than half a million albums. 

Seems like a pretty arbitrary number. How did you come up with it?