IGNORED

New Denafrips Ares Two DSD1024 DAC

Alrigth guys. I thought i would share with you that the ARES II comes with NOS/OS and Slow/Sharp filters too!

NOS/OS Selection:

1. Press the Mute button once to enter configuration mode

2. Press the Opt1 momentarily

- Opt1 On = NOS

- Opt1 Off = OS

3. Wait for 5s

4. Ares II back in operational mode

Filter Selection:

2. Press the Opt2 momentarily

- Opt2 On = Slow Filter

- Opt2 Off = Sharp Filter

3. Wait for 5s

Alvin Chee, Vinshine Audio Pte. Ltd (Singapore)

Loyalty Program

A small gesture initiative to reward our Loyal Customers - Loyalty Program - Join Us Now!

Are there separate converters for DSD and PCM?  Or does DSD get converted to PCM and then to analog via R2R?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, alvin1118 said:

Alrigth guys. I thought i would share with you that the ARES II comes with NOS/OS and Slow/Sharp filters too!

NOS/OS Selection:

2. Press the Opt1 momentarily

- Opt1 On = NOS

- Opt1 Off = OS

3. Wait for 5s

Filter Selection:

2. Press the Opt2 momentarily

- Opt2 On = Slow Filter

- Opt2 Off = Sharp Filter

3. Wait for 5s

Great that NOS mode is now possible with Ares:-)

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

14 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes, it is certainly interesting. I have to see if I can get one without too much hassle at reasonable price...

Thanks,

then please post your measurements with DSD256+.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

• 9 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, barrows said:

Are there separate converters for DSD and PCM?  Or does DSD get converted to PCM and then to analog via R2R?

I take this tread again ....
it could be that the r2r take care of the pcm and the FPGA takes care of the DSD ..... but Alvin could clarify this doubt. 🤔

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

thanks Alvin for the reply 👍

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

• 2 months later...

personal experience with a da r2r….
please apologize for my school english
a few days ago I purchased a dac r2r a denafrips ares 2, it is my first purchase of a dac with this technology, a few years ago I had a trial for a few days on the previous model of the ares 2, the ares 1 and I have good memory, I've always had dacs based (in many cases) on chip sabers.
the choice of a dac nos was almost forced by the fact that I use it as a HQP software player and the ares 2 has infinite possibilities to play oversampled files both in PCM and DSD with so many filters and modulators that are available to us.…. infinite theoretically obvious ... because the real possibilities are given by the computing capacity that the server in use can give.
proceed with order: as soon as I connect I install the drivers and let it play a little, new car at least a few hours let it play, the set up used is in signature…. and room partially treated acoustically.
ares 2 immediately proved to be a great little converter, you all know that it is the entry level of denafrips and in my opinion and for what I am listening to it is a successful machine.
the detail is all (without exaggeration) good control of the low range (by heart I remember that the previous version had a slight emphasis at the bottom) the instruments are all in place and a good separation between them, voices reproduced very well. I sound without listening fatigue, in short, a converter that does only in converter .... basically it was what I was looking for, I can imagine the top machines of the same house what they are able to do. Congratulations to Denafrips for updating their entry-level machine and congratulations to Alvin for sales and after-sales support.

sistema:

some shots of my listening environment 

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 08.34.57.png

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 08.35.34.png

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 08.35.46.png

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 08.35.09.png

Schermata 2020-08-05 alle 08.35.23.png

sistema: