IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Yes. That's what jcn3 said, just perfect. And please, make sure microRendu is properly attached to your DAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I got the mR set up working with Linn kazoo, funny part is, I'm not sure what I did to make it happen. You correct, my DAC was not attached completely. I now have music. I do not find Tidal as one of the listed apps available from Sonore to install on the MR. What do I use as a UPnP control point to run Tidal? Is there a way to add it on top of or through Linn kazoo?

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

Tidal support is provided by BubbleUPnP Server Open Home helper. Please note you should use the same Open Home Control Point for Tidal navigation. Just visit Linn Kazoo settings and find Tidal details. Input your username and password and you should be good to go (the same applies to Lumin or BubbleUPnP android apps).

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

tidal works great with linn kazoo on both ios and android. tidal works with lumin on ios but not android. tidal works with bubbleupnp on android but you're streaming it from the android device, not via minimserver (like when using kazoo or lumin since they're using openhome functionality).

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > sennheiser hd600
tidal works great with linn kazoo on both ios and android. tidal works with lumin on ios but not android. tidal works with bubbleupnp on android but you're streaming it from the android device, not via minimserver (like when using kazoo or lumin since they're using openhome functionality).

Bubbleupnp on Android phone will handle your Tidal account.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

Bubbleupnp on Android phone will handle your Tidal account.

true, it does but it works differently than kazoo or lumin. when using bubbleupnp on android, bubbleupnp is functioning as a server not a control point.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1

Bubbleupnp can act as server to send music from phone to microRendu. But that's not the way I'm using Bubbleupnp. I use Bubbleupnp solely as control point to direct music from NAS to microRendu and from Tidal and Qobuz to microRendu. While playing an album you can turn off the phone (to prove my point).

i'd love to see a screenshot of your settings -- maybe i'm not understanding exactly how bubbleupnp on android works.

Bubbleupnp can act as server to send music from phone to microRendu. But that's not the way I'm using Bubbleupnp. I use Bubbleupnp solely as control point to direct music from NAS to microRendu and from Tidal and Qobuz to microRendu. While playing an album you can turn off the phone (to prove my point).

Confusing, two applications with the same name from the same company, one application is a linux server and the other is an android control app.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

yep, agree with that. technically they are called bubbleupnp server and bubbleupnp . . . .

I definitely qualify as a Newbie here, so I guess I'm on the right thread. I appreciate everyone's help. I am an iOS iPad user. And maybe it displays different via iOS but from the Lynn Kazoo settings, no Tidal shows up. Am I supposed to access it via my control point iPad or do I need to go to their website?

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

just checking a few things: you have both minimserver and bubbleupnp server running, right? did you go into bubbleupnp server and create the microrendu as an openhome renderer? if so you should see something like this except where you see music-pc, you should see the microrendu:

bubble.JPG

from there, in linn kazoo, under settings, do you have the server running minimserver selected?

if so, if you select the three-lined box in the upper left hand corner of kazoo, you should see my music, tidal, qobuz, and my playlists.

if you're not seeing that, can you post some screen shots?

I definitely qualify as a Newbie here, so I guess I'm on the right thread. I appreciate everyone's help. I am an iOS iPad user. And maybe it displays different via iOS but from the Lynn Kazoo settings, no Tidal shows up. Am I supposed to access it via my control point iPad or do I need to go to their website?
With everything in place, you should be able to see something like this:

thanks! i was too lazy . . . .

Thanks for pitching guys.

There is a bit more information here as well:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

I noticed that these set up instructions apply to SonicOrbiter and Android. Would I use the same sequence of instructions and drop-down menu selections for iOS?

After installing BubbleUPnP Server Open Home or openhome renderer does this add any additional layer of complexity to running Kazzo?

Can mess up the functions of the mR by installing this configuration wrong? is there a failsafe (reset to factory) on the mR.

Should "OH" be added to the Room name before/ahead of "Room name" or after "Room name"?

In GUI I have already selected MPD/DLN in the apps/Audio App Switcher. From what I

understand different apps selections can have different sonic results. Can creating a open home renderer change the sound at all? I appreciate all the help, sorry about all the questions that may be obvious to many but speaking for myself computer audio codes acronyms and descriptions are not clear to me, for the most part it might as will be in Latin , maybe it's an age thing?

I noticed that these set up instructions apply to SonicOrbiter and Android. Would I use the same sequence of instructions and drop-down menu selections for iOS?

-the initial instructions are for Kazoo (or Lumin) apps running on iOS.

After installing BubbleUPnP Server Open Home or openhome renderer does this add any additional layer of complexity to running Kazzo?

-not really. You just need to select the OH version of your uRendu at the top of the kazoo app to get the Tidal or Qobuz tile to show up.

Can mess up the functions of the mR by installing this configuration wrong? is there a failsafe (reset to factory) on the mR.

-I've never messed it up. I suppose you could uninstall bubbleupnp in a pinch. But just follow directions and you'll be fine.

Should "OH" be added to the Room name before/ahead of "Room name" or after "Room name"?

-doubt it matters but Jesus says after and it's good to follow Jesus . . .

In GUI I have already selected MPD/DLN in the apps/Audio App Switcher. From what I

understand different apps selections can have different sonic results. Can creating a open home renderer change the sound at all?

-didn't change mine. Lumin and kazoo apps via DNLA have worked brilliantly for me for months and sound in my system slightly better than Roon output. Occasionally kazoo and lumin lose track of OH version of my uRendu and I have to futz around to help them find it again. You'll get the hang of it! Enjoy.

I appreciate all the help, sorry about all the questions that may be obvious to many but speaking for myself computer audio codes acronyms and descriptions are not clear to me, for the most part it might as will be in Latin , maybe it's an age thing?

SEE Above interspersed reply.

I think I've nearly completed this OpenHome renderer, however I have missed something in the set up process. The Tidal option is not showing up yet. This are two errors that are showing on BubbleUPnP Server app status tab;

HTTP: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58050 is opened on your router.

HTTPS: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58051 is opened on your router.

Will selecting Auto -detect start the ball rolling here. Will theses changes affect just the router? My NAS configuration configuration won't be affected in a way that could create a new user complexity? If I decide later to remove the BubbleUPnP Server app would my router be reconfigured back to where it was prior to installing the app? Just trying to avoid a ah oh, what have I done moment.

In the BubbleUPnP Server app under Network security tab a Auto-Detect button is displayed and highlighted. Should I select it? On the same page under Credentials it displays login as "Amin" and a password is already assigned "...." and three more boxes are looming to addressed with or without the box was checked?

Allow to access the server from the Internet

required by BubbleUPnP for Android and foobar2000 for Internet access

Allow to configure the server from the Internet

Enable media access log file

Log all media stream requests to file (access_log.txt)

Also BubbleUPnP Server app under the Media Server tab should either of these be selected?

Make this Media Server available in BubbleUPnP for Android and foobar2000 for Internet access

Create a proxy Media Server on this LAN

There is a lot of complexity to get Tidal running, but I must be close here.

SEE Above interspersed reply.

Forgot to mention again, my UpnP controller is iOS iPad, not Android.

I think I've nearly completed this OpenHome renderer, however I have missed something in the set up process. The Tidal option is not showing up yet. This are two errors that are showing on BubbleUPnP Server app status tab;

HTTP: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58050 is opened on your router.

HTTPS: ERROR: Cannot connect. Check that the public host name is valid and that port 58051 is opened on your router.

Will selecting Auto -detect start the ball rolling here. Will theses changes affect just the router? My NAS configuration configuration won't be affected in a way that could create a new user complexity? If I decide later to remove the BubbleUPnP Server app would my router be reconfigured back to where it was prior to installing the app? Just trying to avoid a ah oh, what have I done moment.

In the BubbleUPnP Server app under Network security tab a Auto-Detect button is displayed and highlighted. Should I select it? On the same page under Credentials it displays login as "Amin" and a password is already assigned "...." and three more boxes are looming to addressed with or without the box was checked?

Allow to access the server from the Internet

required by BubbleUPnP for Android and foobar2000 for Internet access

Allow to configure the server from the Internet

Enable media access log file

Log all media stream requests to file (access_log.txt)

Also BubbleUPnP Server app under the Media Server tab should either of these be selected?

Make this Media Server available in BubbleUPnP for Android and foobar2000 for Internet access

Create a proxy Media Server on this LAN

There is a lot of complexity to get Tidal running, but I must be close here.

These are the steps...ignore the rest:

You want Playback with Linn Kazoo and you need Linn Kazoo on your computer or mobile devices.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-tidal-qobuz-setup-openhome-28520/

If the Tidal option is not showing up go to BubbleNPnP Server / Status and press Restart Server. This may take a few minutes, but when it comes back up you should have Tidal in the Media Renderer tab.

And once you get bubbleupnp set up . . . When you turn to kazoo as controller, you need to select the OH version of your uRendu (click on device listed at top of kazoo app; it should then list OH; select it), otherwise tidal tile will not show up in kazoo at all. I made this starting out.

Forget about the errors. I get them all the time. Not relevant at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

thank god for threads like this, to help the less technical amongst us.

i'm such a nob when it comes to tech things...but when i see it visually makes it sooo much easier to understand.

my gig: laptop (wls connection) with ripped music, tidal hifi etc ..the modem is hardwired upstairs.

..so i'll need a few ethernet jacks installed for the microrendu, i believe that I just bought.

have some dacs: dragonfly red, ifi micro idsd and chord mojo (will get better dac in a few months: sim audio 280d, new chord hugo2 or naim v1 perhaps.

but today the microrendu arrived...and i also placed an order for the uptone ultracaps lps 1....might check out Roon 1.3 ..or HQ player (I presume the microrendu is flexible to work with many software players, not just Roon?)

my friend ordered the auralic aries...seems it's to soon come with room correction, too...very cool.