IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

Double-Blind ABX Testing Proves All Power Cords Have an Effect on Audio

Amazing but true… meticulous double-blind testing has recently proven the efficacy of power cords when it comes to audio. It turns out that power cords are key conduits for electrons, which are the fuel that power speakers. This has led to in-depth academic research as to what effect, exactly, power cords have on audio systems.

https://www.avsforum.com/double-blind-abx-testing-proves-power-cords-effect-audio/?fbclid=IwAR135F5N5nOGnzIgZ9gvEvGLI-97gO9ShgMPjstxtVPHjmPn4B0pLNeBm6s

No electron left behind.

Double-Blind ABX Testing Proves All Power Cords Have an Effect on Audio

Amazing but true… meticulous double-blind testing has recently proven the efficacy of power cords when it comes to audio. It turns out that power cords are key conduits for electrons, which are the fuel that power speakers. This has led to in-depth academic research as to what effect, exactly, power cords have on audio systems.

https://www.avsforum.com/double-blind-abx-testing-proves-power-cords-effect-audio/?fbclid=IwAR135F5N5nOGnzIgZ9gvEvGLI-97gO9ShgMPjstxtVPHjmPn4B0pLNeBm6s

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

😀

Recent experiments show that 100% of listeners were able to tell the difference between using an amplifier with a power cord attached, and without.

I didn't quote that line because I didn't want to give it all away.  ha.

No electron left behind.

Magic...

Actually, the Electrons are bored by time they get to your house and they are just bouncing through the motions from atom to atom without any real direction in life. Then they see you provided nicer digs for them and they get happy and excited, this in turn makes the music really POP out of the speakers from all the buzz and excitement of happy electrons flowing into your stereo!

No electron left behind.

On 4/13/2019 at 2:17 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Magic...

Actually, the Electrons are bored by time they get to your house and they are just bouncing through the motions from atom to atom without any real direction in life. Then they see you provided nicer digs for them and they get happy and excited, this in turn makes the music really POP out of the speakers from all the buzz and excitement of happy electrons flowing into your stereo!

You guys got way too serious about a tongue in cheek satirical article and totally missed my brilliant explanation of how it works...

No electron left behind.

11 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

I could see upgrading a cord in SOME cases, surely not all though.  I've worked with some HID ballasts in the 400W range and they only include usually an 18awg cable with it.  Just not enough conductor diameter to do the job properly IMO, there is huge inrush to account for and an 18awg cord will get physically warm after a few hrs of use.  But that assembly passed UL/CE/FCC certification as designed, with the included cord.  It's a marginal pass though, barely making the cut.  Upgrade the cord and things just run safer, not necessarily performing better.

Shielding mattered more years ago when we dealt with CRT's, especially computer monitors.  They dumped airborne noise in audible part of spectrum and shielding would help a lot.  Emissions from modern PCs and LCDs is nothing in comparison to back in the 90's.

You do make a good point here.

No electron left behind.