IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

My playback chain has been completely up ended

before on v3  : NUC 11TNHi3 Stylus server to UP Atom PC STylus endpoint

after      UP Atom PC as Stylus server

just harmonically more correct. less irritants.

Getting even better results tonight  using UPNP from v4 Stylus server to Oppo 103 as coax out source but playback is flaky with the Oppo for track advance. end of track cut off

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

43 minutes ago, davide256 said:

My playback chain has been completely up ended

before on v3  : NUC 11TNHi3 Stylus server to UP Atom PC STylus endpoint

after      UP Atom PC as Stylus server

just harmonically more correct. less irritants.

Getting even better results tonight  using UPNP from v4 Stylus server to Oppo 103 as coax out source but playback is flaky with the Oppo for track advance. end of track cut off

Figured out whats happening with UPNP to the Oppo; track advance is being triggered by duration of the prior track. Just watched 4 tracks prematurely advance when track length for prior track was reached, 5th track played fully because prior track was longer but that stopped next track advance. Sounds like somethings foobar with how Stylus is linking track length to track in UPNP session.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

- APPEAL: Any feedback is valuable! 
  Please open a ticket not only if something does not work, 
  open it even if you just find some things confusing, unintuitive or unappealing. 
  Thanks! And thanks for putting up with BETA shortcomings...
- Fixed EuphonyUPnP playback
- Fixed a bug in playback to UPnP endpoints
- Updated list of extensions that HQPlayer supports (mp3 and wv added)

Still a problem at my end. Anyone else using UPNP endpoint with Stylus server, if so do you see this behavior?

When replace/add album, 2nd track doesn't buffer, is skipped when you click "buffer queue to RAM", remaining tracks are buffered. I think this is the root

of my track truncation problem but would like to know if its happening for others or they are able to use problem free with UPNP.

Tempted at this point to download/burn a newer image just in case something was a problem with the original

image  files I downloaded  (20220527), now updated to 20226012. If others are working fine I will try this next.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I'm trying to use Euphony v4 with roon core on an AMD 4700s Kit with 16gb ddr6 RAM.

Both the Euphony web app and roon are super laggy.

Any one using the same kit or knows why this would happen?

Server | EMM | Dartzeel | Evolution Acoustics

When formatting a USB stick from a MacMini on a different format prior to flash the Euphony V4 image matters ?:

MS-DOS FAT(32)

EX-FAT

extFS-2

extFS-3

extFS-4

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

1 minute ago, BCRich said:

@mikicasellas I had issues using my Mac Pro with Balena Etcher. My Samsung USB Thumb drive came pre formatted with the EX-FAT File System.

Zeljko suggested I use Rufus; the only thing is Rufus is Windows only. I used my Windows Laptop and all good. Zeljko indicated most of the Image issues were stemming from using Balena Etcher. I don’t think changing the format would matter; maybe do a more thorough initialization of the drive.

Good Luck!

Mike

Thanks !

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

11 hours ago, an333 said:

Did you prescribe the experimental property of the CPU? If so show your options

Hi,

Here are the Screenshots.

Even changing a track on Roon takes 20-30 seconds. Everything is just running very slow.

image.thumb.png.bf3c32cead833c4f59cc9ecb00a92e39.png

image.png.181888b8ab272d3a2faf2137f283b7f7.png

5 minutes ago, msb1 said:

Hi,

Here are the Screenshots.

Even changing a track on Roon takes 20-30 seconds. Everything is just running very slow.

Hi. You have everything right ... I had the symptoms you described when I switched to Roon Core and forgot to change settings from 0 style 1-2 gstp 3-5 on 0 Roon 1-5

44 minutes ago, an333 said:

Hi. You have everything right ... I had the symptoms you described when I switched to Roon Core and forgot to change settings from 0 style 1-2 gstp 3-5 on 0 Roon 1-5

I've tried all settings.. nothing seems to be working.

The euphony web app is slow too.. If I go from one page to the other it will give me the blue strip with Euphony Offline momentarily before changing.
Seems to be a compatibility issue with the Motherboard/CPU.

2 hours ago, msb1 said:

I've tried all settings.. nothing seems to be working.

The euphony web app is slow too.. If I go from one page to the other it will give me the blue strip with Euphony Offline momentarily before changing.
Seems to be a compatibility issue with the Motherboard/CPU.

Update to the problem I was facing:

I tried V3 on another drive and both Euphony and Roon were super fast without any issues.
So I burned V4 on the same pen drive and the problem seems to have been sorted.

The earlier V4 pen drive was a 64GB USB 3.2 drive whereas the one I am now using which is working well is a 16GB USB 2.0 drive.

Maybe those facing an issue can try a different pendrive.

1 hour ago, msb1 said:

The earlier V4 pen drive was a 64GB USB 3.2 drive whereas the one I am now using which is working well is a 16GB USB 2.0 drive.

I think the best way to test is as close as possible to the working environment. Therefore, I always write the image on and test the m.2 disk.