IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I'm having issues with external USB (M2 SSD in a USB box) as well and this was happening in v3 as well. On V3 or previous v4 beta releases reboots or deattaching and attaching the drive again worked to resolve these issues, although sometimes after reboot I had to set the drive again as Euphony seemed to forget the paths and started reporting path not found or similar. But in latest v4 beta release - I can see the external drive in the menu, at first it's accessible as part of the Euphony drive folder structure, even without adding the folder I want to share to the library paths. But if I want to add a specific folder of the external drive to the library, Euphony says the folder cannot be found (even though it's there). Then I try to de-attach the drive, works fine, then attach again - Euphony always gets stuck for a while (webapp shows Euphony offline) and when it wakes up again, the option to attach the drive again is not there anymore. I have stopped using external USB on beta due to these issues and just using network share that seems to work fine.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

56 minutes ago, Gbn said:

bisogna installarla su ssd interna, solo così funziona bene

Questo è un forum internazionale comunque, non va bene scrivere in italiano, dovresti scrivere in inglese 

Doepke DFS 2 Audio/Gigawatt G-C16A/LC-Y Evo/FT-SWS NCF/Gigawatt LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/LC3 MK3/Toroidy DC Blocker w FI-09 NCF FI-E30 NCF/Hdplex H5 I/Asus C8DH/R9 5950X/Optane M10 64GB/Apacer 2xGB DDR4 ECC/Usb XE/Sablon USB Evo/Audiowise Opto USB/Net XE/Viablue EP-7S/Sablon Ethernet 2020/DC cables Neotech OCC JSSG360/Hdplex 500W DC ATX/2x Paul Hynes SR4T/Fidelizer StreamHub/Holo Spring 3 KTE/ARC LS5 w Fi-09 NCF /Proceed HPA2 w WBT 0702.12 Signature/Opera Callas Diva w Mundorf SGO Caps/Townshend Isolda EDCT/2x DCT 300 XLR/All SR Purple fuses/Townshend Seismic Pods

Question:

What will happen when the trial period of this V4 expires?

I registered the trial for v4 with the same email address I registered my V3 license with. So I would like to keep the same address in the future for the v4 license, I don't want to have to use a different one.

Will it be possible to request another trial or extension with the same email address?

Doepke DFS 2 Audio/Gigawatt G-C16A/LC-Y Evo/FT-SWS NCF/Gigawatt LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/LC3 MK3/Toroidy DC Blocker w FI-09 NCF FI-E30 NCF/Hdplex H5 I/Asus C8DH/R9 5950X/Optane M10 64GB/Apacer 2xGB DDR4 ECC/Usb XE/Sablon USB Evo/Audiowise Opto USB/Net XE/Viablue EP-7S/Sablon Ethernet 2020/DC cables Neotech OCC JSSG360/Hdplex 500W DC ATX/2x Paul Hynes SR4T/Fidelizer StreamHub/Holo Spring 3 KTE/ARC LS5 w Fi-09 NCF /Proceed HPA2 w WBT 0702.12 Signature/Opera Callas Diva w Mundorf SGO Caps/Townshend Isolda EDCT/2x DCT 300 XLR/All SR Purple fuses/Townshend Seismic Pods

Hi, just downloaded the beta and am running it now from a USB external drive. All goes OK. 

Just to be 100% sure. Can I now install Euphony into an internal disk (I have an extra SSD which I can swap with my Euphony 3 drive that I will keep aside)? In V3 this option was only reserved for full registration and not available for trial, and looking at the menus this is not different for the beta. I did see posts here from people informing that did install the beta into their system disk.  Thanks for advicing. 

36 minutes ago, 87mpi said:

Domanda:

Cosa accadrà alla scadenza del periodo di prova di questo V4?

Ho registrato la versione di prova per v4 con lo stesso indirizzo e-mail con cui ho registrato la mia licenza V3. Quindi vorrei mantenere lo stesso indirizzo in futuro per la licenza v4, non voglio doverne usare uno diverso.

Sarà possibile richiedere un'altra prova o estensione con lo stesso indirizzo email?

si

1 hour ago, al2813 said:

Hi, just downloaded the beta and am running it now from a USB external drive. All goes OK. 

Just to be 100% sure. Can I now install Euphony into an internal disk (I have an extra SSD which I can swap with my Euphony 3 drive that I will keep aside)? In V3 this option was only reserved for full registration and not available for trial, and looking at the menus this is not different for the beta. I did see posts here from people informing that did install the beta into their system disk.  Thanks for advicing. 

Had to abandon V4. I am running a very low power system and V4 is simply unable to run on it. V3 runs with no particular issues. 
I was planning a system upgrade, so another reason to move forward

17 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Strange. Installed 603 today it booted up first time. I did unzip Euphony image. & used Rufus to burn image to USB.

I set everything I needed in Euphony first, expert settings etc, played a few songs. Then completed Installation. It did hang first time. Reinstalled usb again. Booted up fine. Repeated above. Then rebooted, activated Ramroot, then HQP. Played first time. 

When I changed album on HQP it didn’t work. So rebooted again. Then everything was fine, played different albums for an hour without any issues. 

I think when activated or change settings, reboot each time. 

Sounds great, hopefully we can keep the SQ improvement as Euphony bugs get ironed out. 

Euphony's greatest weakness has always been that it's unpredictable after a change whether it has reinitialized and rerun it's setup logic. Single box isn't so bad

but using a Stylus endpoint guarantees mysterious malfunctions unless you reboot after player choice changes or add/removal of USB out device.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

48 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

Does anyone notice any difference in sound quality, if you run Euphony out of external USB vs. internal drive?

On V3 for sure an obvious audible improvement when used in conjunction with @darkforce’s Revelation Audio (femto) internal SSD and powered via a linear power supply. Can’t tell for V4 yet as I have yet to install the OS on the SSD… don’t have the M.2 (NMVE) to USB adapter so I’ll have to wait until we can officially register V4.

19 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Euphony's greatest weakness has always been that it's unpredictable after a change whether it has reinitialized and rerun it's setup logic. Single box isn't so bad

but using a Stylus endpoint guarantees mysterious malfunctions unless you reboot after player choice changes or add/removal of USB out device.

I noticed the same but recently discovered that an app restart does the same fix as a reboot (when add a usb out device)

14 hours ago, beautiful music said:

Finally I installed V4 603 but I'm not sure how to access to my albums that stored inside the internal hard drive 1.8TB.

Screenshot_2022-06-05-05-05-55-904.jpg

I got a reply for my issue from Željko as follow :

"This is a built in precaution to ignore internal drive Euphony partitions - we do not want people to mess up it's internal Euphony installation while testing some Euphony version booting from USB. 
I will revise this and maybe enable mounting internal data partition for use in usb booting in one of the next updates.
"

2 hours ago, Billgates307 said:

Maybe it's me, but i think we should stick to the plan and evaluate Euphony Beta 'as is' (on USB device) so we can report back to Željko and the Euphony team of our findings without any complications that could have arisen by these tweaks.

Out of the box, on USB, version 4 already is a big uptick in sound quality (in my system).

We are only complicating things if we try to install it on a hard drive and after that send support tickets because off  various problems.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

Bill   

100% agree with this. Considering this is beta, well I actually think it’s stable. Zeijko has done his magic here. I’ve been playing music all day without any hiccups, both with Stylus & HQP. 

Zeijko also confirms Ramroot is working. 

For people who are just joining in, don’t be alarmed reading last few pages. Latest release absolute fine. Download it & trial for free, make sure you use a decent usb brand like scandisk & use Rufus to burn the image. 

Well done Zeijko looking forward to the official release.