IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I think i did everything right but something goes wrong.

Downloaded the image > erased usb-stick > wright image with Win32DiskImager > Win32DiskImager say's its all oke > configured bios to boot from usb > when booting activity light on usb flashes for les then a second and then i get the flickering "-" and nothing happens after that. Does that mean the downloaded image was corrupted?

Just now, Billgates307 said:

I think i did everything right but something goes wrong.

Downloaded the image > erased usb-stick > wright image with Win32DiskImager > Win32DiskImager say's its all oke > configured bios to boot from usb > when booting activity light on usb flashes for les then a second and then i get the flickering "-" and nothing happens after that. Does that mean the downloaded image was corrupted?

@Billgates307 Do you have a monitor connected? It will show you what IP Address to connect to as long as it loaded properly.

1 hour ago, flkin said:

More installation notes for v4beta

- trial code should be entered inside euphony

Do I need to request a new trial code for V4 or can I enter the license code for V3?  

Has anyone tried to enter the license for HQPe?

Doepke DFS 2 Audio/Gigawatt G-C16A/LC-Y Evo/FT-SWS NCF/Gigawatt LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/LC3 MK3/Toroidy DC Blocker w FI-09 NCF FI-E30 NCF/Hdplex H5 I/Asus C8DH/R9 5950X/Optane M10 64GB/Apacer 2xGB DDR4 ECC/Usb XE/Sablon USB Evo/Audiowise Opto USB/Net XE/Viablue EP-7S/Sablon Ethernet 2020/DC cables Neotech OCC JSSG360/Hdplex 500W DC ATX/2x Paul Hynes SR4T/Fidelizer StreamHub/Holo Spring 3 KTE/ARC LS5 w Fi-09 NCF /Proceed HPA2 w WBT 0702.12 Signature/Opera Callas Diva w Mundorf SGO Caps/Townshend Isolda EDCT/2x DCT 300 XLR/All SR Purple fuses/Townshend Seismic Pods

56 minutes ago, 87mpi said:

Devo richiedere un nuovo codice di prova per V4 o posso inserire il codice di licenza per V3?  

Qualcuno ha provato a inserire la licenza per HQPe?

io pur avendo la licenza della vErsione 3 ho chiesto un nuovo codice di prova per 30 gg, inserendo il codice della licenza non funziona

5 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Probabilmente è corrotto, prova a scrivere di nuovo, ricordo di aver dovuto usare una chiavetta diversa in passato.

utilizza balenaetcher per scrivere l'immagine sulla chiavetta, funziona meglio

15 hours ago, davide256 said:

try imaging a different USB stick with a fresh download. I've had corrupted boot images before at first boot.

So, I tried a different stick and used Etcher instead of Win32diskimager - formatted the card first using SD card formatter. It's doing the same ;( Guess I will need to wait for a newer beta.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Yes, my existing license works, Hardware ID is still the same. Not sure what will happen when we install E4 to a Disc.

It also works with installation to a disc. Just installed E4 to an Optane 32GB stick successfully. Without success was the try with the Optane 16GB stick of my Euphony Endpoint NUC. Strange, I even can not boot from a E4 USB stick on that NUC. So I have running E4 on my 'Server' NUC and E3 on the 'Endpoint' NUC now. 

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

6 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

It also works with installation to a disc. Just installed E4 to an Optane 32GB stick successfully. Without success was the try with the Optane 16GB stick of my Euphony Endpoint NUC. Strange, I even can not boot from a E4 USB stick on that NUC. So I have running E4 on my 'Server' NUC and E3 on the 'Endpoint' NUC now. 

on my 10i7 NUC I need to press F10 during boot and then I can select which drive to boot from… I select the USB drive and boot from USB. If I don’t interrupt the boot with F10 it will automatically boot from the internal Femto SSD…

hope this helps…

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Yes, my existing license works, Hardware ID is still the same. Not sure what will happen when we install E4 to a Disc.

Amazingly. My available license doesn't work. Writes - Incorrect Vuucher Code. Please Try Again. Got Trial for 30 days.

So was both the usb and the SSD
30 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

I haven’t configured my Summus Server yet; waiting on another USB stick from Amazon. I can’t wait to be able to install the the Femto NVMe in my HDPlex.

1 hour ago, Smaragdhk said:

on my 10i7 NUC I need to press F10 during boot and then I can select which drive to boot from… I select the USB drive and boot from USB. If I don’t interrupt the boot with F10 it will automatically boot from the internal Femto SSD…

hope this helps…

No keyboard connected here. The system is booting from USB drive automatically when inserted. I could boot E4 from the same USB drive stick my NUC8iBEH with the 32 GB Optane stick but not the NUC7iDNKE with the 16 GB Optane. So maybe E4 is checking the size of internal disk before booting.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

1 hour ago, Smaragdhk said:

hope this helps…

You can change the boot sequence in bios settings.

If you set usb as first boot choice the Nuc will boot always from usb if connected and compatible, if not it will boot from internal hdd/ssd partition

Stefano

My audio system

I was able to boot after imaging a different USB stick. HW id is different because v3 didn’t recognize my 11 series NUC NIC, this now does. Problems so far 1) intermittent static using the USB attached NIC, none since I switched to onboard NIC 2) v3 Stylus endpoint recognized during app initialization but no endpoint output devices are shown for use 3) random pauses during playback

Overall tuning is more precise, less euphonic, reduced digital irritants. Haven’t tried reaching volume mixer console yet so that I can use the SRC-DX, really need to do that to see if the V3 treble irritants are tamed with a different DAC that requires external DDC

Regards,

Dave

Audio system