IGNORED

Fas42’s Stereo ‘Magic’

39 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I'm sure that in some small part of your being, David, that you're a nice fellow - but I'm struggling to see anything resembling such, at the moment.

He is a nice fellow, just like you undoubtedly are, but his main point is that there is very little in this thread that hasn't already been said several times at least previously. by the majority of the participants, and the thread has long since passed it's " Use By Date"  and perhaps should be locked .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 minutes ago, wdw said:

Don’t believe it....this will continue!!!

This serves a useful purpose.

As long as certain people are here arguing with each other, they are not interjecting themselves into every other thread on the site, bothering people that are having serious conversations.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

22 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

This serves a useful purpose.

As long as certain people are here arguing with each other, they are not interjecting themselves into every other thread on the site, bothering people that are having serious conversations.

Who the hell are you to decide that "certain" participants in this thread are not capable of participating in threads with serious discussions ?

All that you and WDW are doing is showing a complete  lack of tolerance to the viewpoints of others that disagree with your own blinkered POV..

Perhaps you should both take Tom's advice and IGNORE this thread ?

If you want this thread to disappear because you believe it is a poor reflection on the forum, then perhaps both you and WDW should send PMs to Chris asking for it to be locked.?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

20 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Who the hell are you to decide that "certain" participants in this thread are not capable of participating in threads with serious discussions ?

All that you and WDW are doing is showing a complete  lack of tolerance to the viewpoints of others that disagree with your own blinkered POV..

Perhaps you should both take Tom's advice and IGNORE this thread ?

If you want this thread to disappear because you believe it is a poor reflection on the forum, then perhaps both you and WDW should send PMs to Chris asking for it to be locked.?

Because this not a serious discussion.

not sure why you are engaging in this nonsense but it appears to be important to you.

best

49 minutes ago, wdw said:

Don’t believe it....this will continue!!!

29 minutes ago, wdw said:

Possibly...perhaps AN and SandyK need some preoccupation.....cynical but possible.

6 minutes ago, wdw said:

not sure ywhy ou are engaging in this nonsense but it appears to be important to you.

🙄

Sound Minds Mind Sound

7 minutes ago, wdw said:

not sure why you are engaging in this nonsense but it appears to be important to you.

best

DITTO for you. Use the IGNORE facility or ask Chris to lock the thread.

1 minute ago, wdw said:

Appealing to reason not power...!

Try listening to some music instead , take the dog for a walk, or do some gardening perhaps?  .  

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

He is a nice fellow, just like you undoubtedly are, but his main point is that there is very little in this thread that hasn't already been said several times at least previously. by the majority of the participants, and the thread has long since passed it's " Use By Date"  and perhaps should be locked .

Like a good communist state, you mean - when some people say something that makes others feel uncomfortable, it should be cleansed from the record - for fear of greater 'contamination' ... 

“I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.”

8 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Like a good communist state, you mean - when some people say something that makes others feel uncomfortable, it should be cleansed from the record - for fear of greater 'contamination' ... 

Closing a thread is NOT making it disappear from view or cleansing it . ALL threads come to an end sooner or later

Even the MQA thread will die out eventually.

10 minutes ago, wdw said:

as a long time member of this community it is clear that you came with the building!

Here is a suggestion for you.

Due to the absence of Prof. W.G. Scott, start a Poll asking if this thread should be discontinued, and ask for reasons why it should, or should not, be locked .

12 minutes ago, wdw said:

It is obvious that this thread would wither on the vine if you and AN would simply leave it alone.  

I left it for quite a while, but George managed to keep it going . When George paused for a while, Frank still kept posting.

The obvious answer is for you and others to post some worthwhile discussions in the General area so that it doesn't go the way of the Objective area.

Much of the posting in this thread  is clearly due to boredom and the lack of enough stimulating discussions in the General Forum area

13 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I left it for quite a while, but George managed to keep it going . When George paused for a while, Frank still kept posting.

The obvious answer is for you and others to post some worthwhile discussions in the General area so that it doesn't go the way of the Objective area.

Much of the posting in this thread  is clearly due to boredom and the lack of any other stimulating discussions in the General Forum area

You have made this point before...in the absence of other worthwhile and postable threads you’ve expressed this need to continue posting on this train wreck....what’s up you AUS guys?.....you, Fas42, AN and the FAS whisperer himself, Blackmorec?  
Just curious!

43 minutes ago, wdw said:

It is obvious that this thread would wither on the vine if you and AN would simply leave it alone.

In case you haven't noticed Warren that is exactly what is being suggested to ALL of the participants. Please do not include me in your continued arguments with others. Please go back and have a listen to Mr Trololo and be happy:)

Sound Minds Mind Sound

3 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

In case you haven't noticed Warren that is exactly what is being suggested to ALL of the participants. Please do not include me in your continued arguments with others. Please go back and have a listen to Mr Trololo and be happy:)

I am happy...who’s Mr Trololo?

31 minutes ago, wdw said:

You have made this point before...in the absence of other worthwhile and postable threads you’ve expressed this need to continue posting on this train wreck....what’s up you AUS guys?.....you, Fas42, AN and the FAS whisperer himself, Blackmorec?  
Just curious!

More like it, is what's up you guys from the USA ? You have a vastly larger  population yet recently post very few new worthwhile threads on what is a basically USA centric forum..  At least I just learned something. I didn't realise that Blackmorec is also from Au.

I have already posted quite a few contributions in the Humour thread and YouTube thread, as well as how to get way better Audio from YouTube music videos, and  would be more than happy to see this thread close, but we need more contributions to keep people visiting the forum.At least some keep looking in  because they like seeing Train Wrecks ?

3 hours ago, fas42 said:

A very key part of the method is to accept that when a recording sounds bad, that it tells you something about where the system has a weakness. You're incapable of accepting that, yes, fact - hence, nothing else that I say will be of any use to you - you fall flat on your face, at the very first step ...

There is nothing to accept. Nothing you have ever said has ever been of any use to me or anyone else. So, what else is new?

George

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

More like it, is what's up you guys from the USA ? You have a vastly larger  population yet post very few new worthwhile threads on what is a basically USA centric forum..  At least I just learned something. I didn't realise that Blackmorec is also from Au.

I have already posted quite a few contributions in the Humour thread and YouTube thread., and  would be more than happy to see this thread close, but we need more contributions to keep people visiting the forum. At least some keep looking in  because they like seeing Train Wrecks ?.

Sorry, Canadian!

1 minute ago, wdw said:

Sorry, Canadian!

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. The main difference is that  quite a few speak French as well., and it gets even colder up there.