IGNORED

A proposal: the Objectivist Audio Review magazine

4 hours ago, austinpop said:

Some of us can consider a purely empirical finding like yours (JSSG 360), decide - what the heck, let's try it, and within hours be enjoying better SQ in our systems. Our view is if it sounds better, who cares if it's explainable or measurable.

Well it’s not as if John didn’t go to some lengths to explain the theory and operating principles behind looped shielding technique and why it very effectively blocks entry of low frequency AC leakage that is present around everyone’s cable nests. 

It is funny how the explanations behind many of the effective techniques—in products and tweaks—that @JohnSwensonhas written about get ignored or forgotten, by both critics and adherents.  o.O  

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hi @Jud, ... "The cable" ?

Well I’ll say it Peter:

I use and enjoy your Lush very much!  But I’m not a fan of it at all by itself—it does something VERY weird to pianos, something I am very sensitive about.  Yet paired with the ISO REGEN it is fantastic.  And much as I don’t want it to be, the connection order that’s best is PC > USPCB Adapter > ISO REGEN > Lush > DAC.  :)

[Would you like me to send you an ISO REGEN to play with?  Of course I know your DAC also has your own Silanna-based Phisolator input, but our Crystek-clocked regeneration just post the PC is likely to further enhance the chain.  Drop me a line if you like.]

10 minutes ago, crenca said:

Tyll (may InnerFidelity rest in peace ?) had a knack for flushing out the meaning/correlation of measurements.  In fact, in general (exceptions abound of course) I have found the HP/personal audio world better overall at this...

As mentioned, speakers—which exhibit large variations—are vastly easier to correlate, or at least to observe and make educated guesses about. Headphones fall into that same category, though we get to take room interactions out of the equation.