IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Maybe he did, and the lawyer hired a forum troll.

Damn. I'd never have thought of that. ?

Neither would I. Evidently, you don't do divorce law (I didn't). :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

Actually I have, and I *still* wouldn't have thought of it.  ?

I do remember one case, not in our office, involving the divorce of an overweight attorney whose suit jackets strained to stay closed against a single button in front of his belly.  When his wife got served with the papers, she went through his closet and snipped that button off of all of his suits. 

It was only buttons. It could have been a lot worse. He was lucky not to have been married to Lorena Bobbitt. :)

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Other people feel differently, and in fact the law treats this situation very differently than recording a phone conversation without consent.

Then the Law is an Ass !

deleted

16 minutes ago, Jud said:

Alex I believe was talking about the emails.

My bad. I assumed he was talking about the original topic until I went back after posting and looked at your post that Alex replied to. Nevertheless, it is still common knowledge and/or advice that when you write an email, you should assume that it will become public. Unless encrypted, email is/should not be considered to be secure.