Hi Vitor,

Like Jabbr mentions, this power bank works perfectly. I received mine end of March, since then it has run continously with charge/discharge cycle between 100%>20%min>100%, it hasn't lost any charging capacity so far, good product & nice nice.

I already talked about it here => http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/network-isolation-4265/index15.html#post418332

If you're located in EU like me, you can find all these items easily through Amazon or Ebay.

Rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

Hej guys,

On the surface this seems to be a comparable product to the Diablo switch:

8/9 ports Gigabit Ethernet Optical Fiber Switch with eight SFP ports

Anybody good or bad experience with this company?

Rick

Actually I found this: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 8/9 ports Gigabit Ethernet Optical Fiber Switch with eight SFP ports ... and at that price ordered one just to check it out. Looks pretty identical to the Diablo switch.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

I know these are real issues, but I'm ordering stuff direct from China all the time off of ebay. Does Amazon work for you, or ebay?

What about: TeckNet® 2ème génération PowerZen 16000 mAh 5V/3.4A Batterie Externe munie de la Technologie BLUETEKTM 2 Ports de Sorties 3.4A Chargeur Portable compatible avec les produits suivants : Apple iPhone 6, Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad 4/3/2/1, iPad Air ,iPad

These little batteries are great and you don't need to worry about ground loops:)

Hi jabbr,

Can you please confirm that these two items are the correct ones to work with the TPLink MC210CS?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FAU7ZB2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A6HDT2WQBTS8Q

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DELCYP6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1F8YGP86NG3IP

As for the patch cables, i have SC/APC type, do these work as well as the recommended SC/SC or do i have to order these instead?

Thanks!

P.S.- i decided it to give it another try, this time with a proper power for the FMC next to the NAA. :)

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

These 2 products are perfect to power any TPLink FMC, they all need 5v/2A to work, this battery will do the job.

As for the patch cables, i have SC/APC type, do these work as well as the recommended SC/SC or do i have to order these instead?

No !

SC/APC means SC connector at one side, and APC connector on the other side. If you need SC type you have to order SC type. APC plug is close to SC, but it is not SC, thus the connector will move slightly. Expecially with fiber, you need the right plug to to get perfect plugging to have perfect alignment of of the fibers at junction between FMC & fiber connector

MC210CS needs monomode fibers. so for instance this one : Lindy 30m Fibre Optic Patch Lead OS1 SC to SC Connectors: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Color code to avoid messing up : Monomode (called as well "single mode") fibers are yellow. Multimode fibers are orange.

Rgds

A report, Appreciation of the TPL MC200CM use for network isolation only. Both powered by LPS @9V.

Noise floor drops and lots of artefactsFullSizeRender-2.jpg have been removed, hence clearer music.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I'm a bit slow, but what is a SFP port? The SC ones for the TP-link look like "double" plugs. Do you need different fiber?

If you have SC-SC FMCs you can use cables with SC on one end and LC on the other

Actually I found this: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 8/9 ports Gigabit Ethernet Optical Fiber Switch with eight SFP ports ... and at that price ordered one just to check it out. Looks pretty identical to the Diablo switch.

NICE find, man! I just checked it out and it looks damn similar to me. I looked them up on taobao and found them too, but the taobao measurements show only 30mm in height vs. the Alibaba & Diablo sights listing 37mm and 40mm respectively.

I'm in China now, so maybe in a month I'll snag the one off taobao and find out. I'd be willing to open it up and take some pictures and some measurements to share if someone with a legit Diablo one would do the same. You should do so for the Alibaba one too, then we'll have the full scoop :-)

Alibaba is taobao right? Or at least the part that is supposed to be international? The alibaba & Diablo have same # so very hard to see how they couldn't be the same. The manufacturer is gt-tech.

Alibaba is taobao right? Or at least the part that is supposed to be international? The alibaba & Diablo have same # so very hard to see how they couldn't be the same. The manufacturer is gt-tech.

Few of us have the Diablo here. It looks very similar to the Diablo, just can't be something else. As jabbr has said, looks like OEM for Diablo. Let me know if you need any pictures or measurements.

I just got my RLI-1 yesterday and listened to it last night.

It's another reminder in this hobby of how the seemingly inconsequential can be consequential.

In short, I noticed a subtle but important improvement. For lack of a better way of putting it, the background was smoother. For the price, a no-brainer of a purchase.

Joel

+1 Also purchased the AR Lan isolator and installed Cat 7 to and from the switch. Less edge to streaming services. I listen to local station WDCB at 128k and Tidal via Flac both are improved and I would gladly purchase again...

• 2 weeks later...

hi Jabbr,

why a fiber suitable for 10Gb ?

did you compare 10Gb fibers to 1Gb ? 10Gb sounds better than 1Gb ?

@ thisisvv :

your choice is ok.

The choice is quite logic :

first you need to choose fiber type : you prefer multimode ou single mode ?

if you choose multimode

then you need sfp that are made for multimode, on each side of the fiber of course.

then, you will plug the sfp on a device with sfp slot (FMC or switch) ; here you just have to check if this device can deal with multimode and/or monomode. As far as I know after checking a few fmc and switch specifications they can all manage multimode or monomode sfp. This is quite obvious in fact because SFPs and devices with with SFP slots were defined in order to enable users to have easy to manage and flexible devices to create your network according to your needs. For instance, on a switch with SFP ports you can plug multimode fiber line for short length connection to reach the floor above, and monomode fiber to reach another building at 600m ; because multimode is limited to 500m and monomode goes far further.

Hope it helps

Rgds

It might be overkill link to 1GB ... but 10 gb ???? not too?

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

hi Jabbr,

@ thisisvv :

your choice is ok.

if you choose multimode

then you need sfp that are made for multimode, on each side of the fiber of course.

then, you will plug the sfp on a device with sfp slot (FMC or switch) ; here you just have to check if this device can deal with multimode and/or monomode. As far as I know after checking a few fmc and switch specifications they can all manage multimode or monomode sfp. This is quite obvious in fact because SFPs and devices with with SFP slots were defined in order to enable users to have easy to manage and flexible devices to create your network according to your needs. For instance, on a switch with SFP ports you can plug multimode fiber line for short length connection to reach the floor above, and monomode fiber to reach another building at 600m ; because multimode is limited to 500m and monomode goes far further.

Hope it helps

Rgds

The OM3 cable is actually cheaper :)

There probably is no audible difference but I use OM3 (though have a 10g network). I also use singlemode fiber (yellow for LR/LX) only at the most critical places like connected to the NAA.

hi Jabbr,

@ thisisvv :

your choice is ok.

if you choose multimode

Hope it helps

Rgds

Thank you Tgb ,

though i got a deal and ordered that cable costed me only 1$....Right now waiting for stuff to arrive . And thank you for giving a small lesson on this fiber optic networking. I kinda figured it out but it is good to get some clear cut defination from someone.

Thank you again.

V

You're welcome thisisvv !

But you should thanks Jabbr & Eurodriver & some other that were pioneer inthat story :-)

IF you want to go further, look at that post => http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/optical-network-configurations-24641/index8.html#post448261

If you find relevant & interesting what I "tried to write as simple as possible" on the French audiophile forum, I can translate it to English if you can"t catch the ideas thru Google Translate. Just ask.

This post is short and focus on the basics & more on the shopping list for people to helo them to order the pieces.

I'll take some time shortly to add a part related to technical basics. I think it is relevant because, although this story around fibers is fairly straightforward, when you start it is be seen as weird or complicated.

It brings so much to your system vs its price, this is something to promote, IMO.

Rgds

You're welcome thisisvv !

But you should thanks Jabbr & Eurodriver & some other that were pioneer inthat story :-)

IF you want to go further, look at that post => http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/optical-network-configurations-24641/index8.html#post448261

If you find relevant & interesting what I "tried to write as simple as possible" on the French audiophile forum, I can translate it to English if you can"t catch the ideas thru Google Translate. Just ask.

This post is short and focus on the basics & more on the shopping list for people to helo them to order the pieces.

I'll take some time shortly to add a part related to technical basics. I think it is relevant because, although this story around fibers is fairly straightforward, when you start it is be seen as weird or complicated.

It brings so much to your system vs its price, this is something to promote, IMO.

Rgds

I think i totally agree, even having a background in computers it takes time to understand , SFP, Cards, types of wire how to connect them . I have a question what is difference between

Intel Pro 1000 MF Dual Port SFP Gigabit Server Adapter Card PCI x Spirent 53063 | eBay

and

Mellanox Connectx 2 10GbE Ethernet Network Server Adapter MNPA19 XTR | eBay

apart the former being 10gbe and i have no use of that speed yet in my household. Anything else or there is not?

I think i totally agree, even having a background in computers it takes time to understand , SFP, Cards, types of wire how to connect them . I have a question what is difference between

Intel Pro 1000 MF Dual Port SFP Gigabit Server Adapter Card PCI x Spirent 53063 | eBay

and

Mellanox Connectx 2 10GbE Ethernet Network Server Adapter MNPA19 XTR | eBay

apart the former being 10gbe and i have no use of that speed yet in my household. Anything else or there is not?

One former is a PCI-X card ... those slots are not common on current motherboards.

The latter is two generations old and is a good deal with the caveat that the drivers aren't being kept up.

So there are reasons these cards are so inexpensive. If you know what you need and don't mind working through any issues then these can work.

I spend a bit extra on the Intel x520 cards because they work with Windows, OS X, and Linux, and come with an open source Linux driver.

One former is a PCI-X card ... those slots are not common on current motherboards.

The latter is two generations old and is a good deal with the caveat that the drivers aren't being kept up.

So there are reasons these cards are so inexpensive. If you know what you need and don't mind working through any issues then these can work.

I spend a bit extra on the Intel x520 cards because they work with Windows, OS X, and Linux, and come with an open source Linux driver.

Thank you for all th help . Still very new to this side of the networking learning t bit by bit

V