IGNORED

Listen For Your Self 2 Albums in HiRez and MQA

9 hours ago, mansr said:

This one definitively exists. I know because I have a copy.

You listen to Morrissey? Invitation revoked.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

They have to be MQA downloads we enjoy first as you usually have to pay for downloads..

Other than streaming (and no even Tidal has much MQA stuff) which isn't 'yours' to play on any box and  via any software you want, finding any 'normal' music  on MQA to download is quite difficult.

And of course  none of us like  all  'normal' music anyway. Handel is fine, Ed Sheeran is not actively irritating, and Beyoncé is crap. (Just as example.)

And as for that garbage you recommended in your initial post, words fail me..

While I agree with you that MQA should be judged with high quality recordings, you sound arrogant and possibly racist with your telling us which artists are good and which are crap.  Mavis is a treasure - sorry if you can't appreciate her.

10 hours ago, Spacehound said:

As for the other - OMG she's on a crusade! As of course we can see from the title. 

This , to me, hints at racism.  I really don't want to judge you, but you should know how you are coming off.  At least to me, and I don't think I am overly sensitive.  You can call me whatever and I will shrug it off, but it bothers me when you trash an artist like that.

4 minutes ago, psjug said:

This , to me, hints at racism.  I really don't want to judge you, but you should know how you are coming off.  At least to me, and I don't think I am overly sensitive.  You can call me whatever and I will shrug it off, but it bothers me when you trash an artist like that.

I suspect if I "trashed" Britney Spears you wouldn't  say a word.

An "artist like that"? Some like her, some don't, and well over  90%   of the worlds population have never heard of her. I hadn't until I listened to a few  samples after Brinkman Ship's post.

6 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

I suspect if I "trashed" Britney Spears you wouldn't  say a word.

I doubt I'd say anything, but I would still get the same impression of you.  Especially if you said something like "just take note of where she was born", which is along the same lines as what you wrote about Mavis Staples.

13 minutes ago, psjug said:

An yu STILL havI doubt I'd say anything, but I would still get the same impression of you.

You've never  even met me.

Britney Spears? I was at   concert of hers at that 'spaceship'  hall.   She was so useless that not even those top sound people could do much with her. 

And you STILL haven't told me what's "racist" about thinking a particular performer is crap. Probably because it isn't.

11 minutes ago, psjug said:

I doubt I'd say anything, but I would still get the same impression of you.  Especially if you said something like "just take note of where she was born", which is along the same lines as what you wrote about Mavis Staples.

He didn't saying anything remotely like that.

2 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

He's just making up stuff that fits his 'agenda' and then criticising what he made up. It's quite common.

You started the hypothetical saying '"if I "trashed" Britney Spears"

I don't have an agenda on this.  I said what I wanted to say and I don't think there is much point in dragging this out any more.

3 minutes ago, psjug said:

You started the hypothetical saying '"if I "trashed" Britney Spears"

I don't have an agenda on this.  I said what I wanted to say and I don't think there is much point in dragging this out any more.

Good. Does that mean you won't post 'knee jerk' PC stuff anymore?

20 minutes ago, mansr said:

......Persistently seeing racism where none was intended is, to me, almost as offensive as racism itself.

Drawing attention to it at all  is  'racist'  as you are putting  the 'subject'  in a racial group.

As for the 'crusade'  I immediately thought of Bob Dylan when I saw the record title.