IGNORED

Listen For Your Self 2 Albums in HiRez and MQA

1 minute ago, crenca said:

I say the burden of proof is on you.  I have seen albums come and go on all the download sites, as have others noted even on this little thread.  You appear to be throwing out the baby (of this listening test) with the bath water... ;)

Huh?

He's claiming an MQA version of Amadou & Mariam: La Confusion existed and that he purchased the download. There's not mention of such an MQA ever existing. And yet the burden of proof is on me?

Yeah, there's a teapot orbiting the sun too.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 minutes ago, botrytis said:

WOW - disagree with him, but respect his opinion. 

No thanks.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 minutes ago, manisandher said:

No thanks.

Well, that is how civility is done. If you don't respect a person's opinion, why should they respect yours? It is a 2-way street.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

7 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Well, that is how civility is done. If you don't respect a person's opinion, why should they respect yours? It is a 2-way street.

Bro, he made up his story. I don’t see ANY need to be civil to someone who needs to run a scam...for what? To gain social presence?

19 minutes ago, manisandher said:

No thanks.

Wow Mani. I know you have taken a beating around here in the Yiggy fiasco, and perhaps he deserves this, but you always seemed more respectful and classier than this. If this is a made up story, I retract this only partially

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

8 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I absolutely respect (and would defend even) anyone's right to hold whatever dumb opinion they wished to. But respect the opinion itself? No way.

I'm not one for pluralistic relativism.

Mani.

1 hour ago, Brinkman Ship said:

yes, I can't find it either. Strange. I actually bought the download last month, the only MQA download I have purchased.

In your first post of the other thread you stated:

I had my host select albums play MQA streams from Tidal, then the same tracks from his NAS without telling

me which was which, and we turned off the display of the DAC.  We also muted the first 3 seconds of every track. We repeated the process with me selecting tracks from Tidal and his NAS.

So which way is it?

• You streamed the album from Tidal and somehow it's now mysteriously disappeared from Tidal (by the way, something I haven't noticed with respect to any of the many Tidal MQA streams I've done over the past two months). OR
  • You downloaded the MQA, forwarded or physically brought a copy to your friend's and had him upload it to his NAS, which is inconsistent with what you wrote in the other thread.

Why am I reacting the way I am? Well it probably started here (the 'you' being directed at me) :

On 2/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, Brinkman Ship said:

"Get away with this"? Don't make me laugh.

You and any other posters will be ignored if you ask again... snip...

I did my homework, no spoon feeding to forum police or trolls.

[Highlight mine] And you want me to go easy on him and respect his opinions? Really? Would you?

Mani.

38 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I'm done with the lynch mob.

Anyone with a Tidal account who is willing to purchase the corresponding 24 bit download can report back.

Adios.

Wow.  Not going to offer a defense?  If you have the MQA album it would be easy to prove it.

Am I completely paranoid? - I am wondering if this was all set up to try to make MQA skeptics look foolish.

2 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I'm done with the lynch mob.

Anyone with a Tidal account who is willing to purchase the corresponding 24 bit download can report back.

Adios.

But on Tidal the Mavis Staples shows a MQA 24/96 and a 44/16 version.  The other artist is listed as a 44/16 version no MQA

The Truth Is Out There

Can you please identify the 50 albums used in the test and where I can download the MQA version. I assure you I would purchase all 50 if possible. Thanks. 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

38 minutes ago, realhifi said:

Wow. 

Doesn't matter where he got them from. Neither bears any resemblance whatsoever to music.

One is the sort of stuff you hear  during the free  'entertainment night' on an extremely cheap holiday in the 'Costa Del Sol'.

As for the other - OMG she's on a crusade! As of course we can see from the title. 

"(It) bring us all together as a people. That's what I hope to do. You can't stop me. You can't break me. I'm too loving. These songs are going to change the world."[6][7] Tweedy described the message of the album: "I’ve always thought of art as a political statement in and of itself—that it was enough to be on the side of creation and not destruction. But there is something that feels complicit at this moment in time about not facing what is happening in this country head on."

3 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I'm definitely not pro MQA but in your other thread you stated:

"We listened to approx. 50 albums where we confirmed there was both an MQA version, and an official 24 bit digital download  and where we could confirm the mastering was the same. "

And I asked for a list of these 50 albums that you had confirmed were " both an MQA version, and an official 24 bit digital download  and where we could confirm the mastering was the same"

I'm not sure how asking this question puts me in the lynch mob. I just wanted to know exactly how you knew they were from the same master, for all 50 albums?

50 then. Real easy. Now he suggests 2 and couldn't find one of them. Are we actually supposed to believe this stuff?

9 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

50 then. Real easy. Now he suggests 2 and couldn't find one of them. Are we actually supposed to believe this stuff?

Agreed. Even if I'm against an MQA takeover myself, this doesn't help.

Bob himself would be chuckling reading this (and we're told MQA Ltd do indeed read all this stuff).

I fear the Brinkman Ship has suffered the same fate as the Titanic :-(

5 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

Let all of the posters who claim they can hear when a knat lands on their power cords or Ethernet cables, or hear massive differences in a Tidal and local network stream do the hard yards and report back what the MQA encoding is doing to the files.

End of story.

You said you listened to 50 albums. Many people have asked you to list the 50 albums. You have not.

It is time to put up, or shut the fuck up!