IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your drugs."

Unlike some of you, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol to excess, or falsely accuse other members of LYING about the contents of exchanged PMs.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just now, sandyk said:

Unlike some of you, I don't do drugs or drink alcohol to excess, or falsely accuse other members of LYING about the contents of exchanged PMs.

careful there sandman - I never accused you of lying nor have I made any false accusations - I did suggest to someone in private that you might be having some other issues that are non-volitional 

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I was thinking of starting a new forum thread - what's your favorite strain of weed for music listening.  Only available to readers in California, Colorado, Washington and Oregon... 

10 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

careful there sandman - I never accused you of lying nor have I made any false accusations - I did suggest to someone in private that you might be having some other issues that are non-volitional 

You did publicly accuse me of lying at least twice, in replies about the content of material that I sent to you about the series of DBTs performed by Martin Colloms.

I also stated in a couple of replies at the time that I would be quite happy for Admin to look at the content of the PMs that I sent to you.

I would suggest that you refrain from suggesting that members that you don't agree with, are either delusional,  doing drugs , or are "under the affluence of incahol !"

Perhaps this thread has also degenerated into another one that has well and truly passed it's use-by date ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I was at the Tesla store at Stanford Shopping Center yesterday and they finally got a Tesla Model 3 for their showroom. The salesperson said the top of the line audio system for the 3 is mind blowing, but regrettably their in-store model wasn't configured with it.

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

You did publicly accuse me of lying at least twice, in replies about the content of material that I sent to you about the series of DBTs performed by Martin Colloms.

WRONG - post them or stop blathering about it

I can also post the pms you sent me 

4 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

I was at the Tesla store at Stanford Shopping Center yesterday and they finally got a Tesla Model 3 for their showroom. The salesperson said the top of the line audio system for the 3 is mind blowing, but regrettably their in-store model wasn't configured with it.

I wonder if it is by the same group?  I do hope they can produce a lot of the Model 3; tho I really need something with a range extender.

Just now, Ralf11 said:

I wonder if it is by the same group?  I do hope they can produce a lot of the Model 3; tho I really need something with a range extender.

They have two basic models, and the one with larger batteries has a range of 310 miles. If you put a $1000 deposit down now you won't get one for at least 2.5 years, and by then, if you live in the U.S., their network of supercharger stations will be fairly pervasive:

https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting. 

I've always thought computer audio is the best true descriptor, no matter how someone is playing audio that isn't physical. Name one device that doesn't have a computer inside, yet plays audio from files or streaming services? They all have some type of processor and operating system, thus a computer.

I wonder if ML really understands this - that all "digital" is computed, somewhere - and that DAC's do this.  "Network" has a more analogue feel, which is what old school Audiophiledom understands and tries to frame everything in...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

WRONG - post them or stop blathering about it

I can also post the pms you sent me 

Your posts are on record. 

I would prefer not to take this matter further, but I am not prepared to continually cop these kinds of insinuations about being on drugs etc. etc. from members like yourself.

I will stop "blathering about it" when you refrain from making comments like the previous.

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Your posts are on record. 

I would prefer not to take this matter further, but I am not prepared to continually cop these kinds of insinuations about being on drugs etc. etc. from members like yourself.

I will stop "blathering about it" when you refrain from making comments like the previous.

Point to them.  if you can't, then stop raging about it on the internet.

In the highly unlikely event that there really is a difference, then you have something very very important.  Revolutionary.  Extraordinary.  And it will of course require an extraordinary level of proof.  So get to work.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I've always thought computer audio is the best true descriptor, no matter how someone is playing audio that isn't physical. Name one device that doesn't have a computer inside, yet plays audio from files or streaming services? They all have some type of processor and operating system, thus a computer.

Part of him still agrees with you a little ('Computer Audio 101').

5aa08e1e13334_ScreenShot2018-03-08at12_11_56pm.thumb.png.7fa4ec889f32b8b2d76d4f1b148d24d3.png

17 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

They have two basic models, and the one with larger batteries has a range of 310 miles. If you put a $1000 deposit down now you won't get one for at least 2.5 years, and by then, if you live in the U.S., their network of supercharger stations will be fairly pervasive:

https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

I often travel in areas that have 200-250 miles between gas stations, so a range extender is what I really need to replace 2 of my 3 vehicles (the other cannot be replaced unless I can hire Gordon Murray).

26 minutes ago, mansr said:

Is there anyone here who hasn't been sent those PMs?

Kind of surprises me given how many of the rest of you regulars get "controversial" pm's, but I've only gotten a handful from people who had technical questions about headphones and the like.

Perhaps it's because I know karate...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it's an outstanding university

Hehe agreed, nobody questioned this.

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

see if you can name a similar school with a good football team

We play real football here in Australia... no padding and helmets :D

All said in good fun and good spirits of course. I hope nobody is too sensitive.

8 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

For my generation in particular, Star Trek was much, much more than a television show.

I understand that. I am also a fan of real Star Trek (I despise the movies from 2009 and after, as well as that horrible ST Discovery). But, of all the great Star Trek characters, LOL you chose Samuel T. Cogley as your nickname and avatar ;-)

I wish I had chosen Captain Pike as my nickname. I could have used a picture of him in that black slab on wheels. Regrets, regrets... 

captain-pike.jpg