IGNORED

TIDAL MASTERS

bobbmd

11 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

What happened to ALL the TIDAL masters under 'what's new'? On my web page all the GD and Doors except the Cornell concerts and original Doors album are gone-where did they go?

I don't think the 'what's new' link ever provided the complete list and I find it is quite variable.  Instead, try searching "The Doors", etc.

mQa is dead!

I understand it was never a 'complete' list but it was far far more than what is listed now as of last night.

On another subject- I just opened CA this morning and all I have is everything in some Oriental language except Chris's opening thread on CA issues and something by manisandher all the rest is jibberish!?

19 hours ago, bobbmd said:

What happened to ALL the TIDAL masters under 'what's new'? On my web page all the GD and Doors except the Cornell concerts and original Doors album are gone-where did they go?

Well, after all the section is called "What's New". It should be an evolving list with older items bumped off the list by newer items.

Interestingly, the top dozen  artists represented in this list (leaving out "Various Artists") are:

Artist Albums
Charles Aznavour 35
Rush 34
Kiss 29
Herb Alpert 29
JAY-Z 27
Grateful Dead 25
Itzhak Perlman 23
Led Zeppelin 20
Yehudi Menuhin 19
John Coltrane 19
Miles Davis 18
Aretha Franklin

7 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Interestingly, the top dozen  artists represented in this list (leaving out "Various Artists") are:

Artist Albums
Charles Aznavour 35
Rush 34
Kiss 29
Herb Alpert 29
JAY-Z 27
Grateful Dead 25
Itzhak Perlman 23
Led Zeppelin 20
Yehudi Menuhin 19
John Coltrane 19
Miles Davis 18
Aretha Franklin

Odd list. 

David

• 3 weeks later...

I added 41 (worthwhile to me) new albums this morning.  I dive in once a month, to see if I've missed anything I like that's been converted.

Now I have to wait for Roon to recognize them as new content, then tag them tonight.  It will be nice when Roon can self identify these albums.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

1 hour ago, ShawnC said:

I added 41 (worthwhile to me) new albums this morning.  I dive in once a month, to see if I've missed anything I like that's been converted.

Now I have to wait for Roon to recognize them as new content, then tag them tonight.  It will be nice when Roon can self identify these albums.

If they are really new to the Tidal database, you have to wait for Roon. If they've been in Tidal a few days,  just stop and restart Roon, or hit refresh in the Tidal tab. Your Roon library should now be updated.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

When I’m viewing Tidal (via audirvana) on my iPad, & there’s multiple copies of the same album, what’s the quickest/easiest way to tell which copy is  mqa as opposed to 16/44 quality?

Selecting a copy to play & then looking at the bottom of the screen to find out seems a bit long winded. Apologies for my numptiness!!

56 minutes ago, alfamatt said:

When I’m viewing Tidal (via audirvana) on my iPad, & there’s multiple copies of the same album, what’s the quickest/easiest way to tell which copy is  mqa as opposed to 16/44 quality?

Selecting a copy to play & then looking at the bottom of the screen to find out seems a bit long winded. Apologies for my numptiness!!

I've wondered the same thing. Thanks for asking the question.

3 hours ago, alfamatt said:

There's not.  Best way is to use Tidal directly.  Open up the Spreadsheet for reference and go to town.  Then start typing in all your favorite artists and see if they missed anything.  At least on Tidal there's an M.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet