IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Is this patch for both (Volumio and DietPi)?  Is the conventional wisdom here on CA that DietPi is the OS of choice, due to better forum support from DietPi folk(s) and HQplayer and Roon support?

2 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Is this patch for both (Volumio and DietPi)?  Is the conventional wisdom here on CA that DietPi is the OS of choice, due to better forum support from DietPi folk(s) and HQplayer and Roon support?

I have the same question.  My USBridge with DietPi arrives Tuesday.  

5 hours ago, allo.com said:

A new patch was successfully  applied to let many DACs play native DSD. We should release the new image next week (Monday/Tuesday)

That's great news!  Glad I brought this to your attention.  :D

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

12 hours ago, allo.com said:

Noise on USB ports was measured using an oscilloscope . I will try to see if we have the captures.

@allo.com

Can you tell me if you're talking about noise on the power or data line?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I have a USBridge on the way with DietPi loaded. Is Roon already installed, or will I have to add that?

What are people doing with power supplies with this thing? I am willing to spend up a little bit, I was thinking of something like an SBooster or CIAudio. But it looks like these are skirting the power limits. And of course it would be nice to power the boards separately, that leads to Teddy Pardo with the dual output 5V supply looking ideal, but at over $500 that seems a bit much for this type of device? Any recommendations?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

I have a USBridge on the way with DietPi loaded. Is Roon already installed, or will I have to add that?

What are people doing with power supplies with this thing? I am willing to spend up a little bit, I was thinking of something like an SBooster or CIAudio. But it looks like these are skirting the power limits. And of course it would be nice to power the boards separately, that leads to Teddy Pardo with the dual output 5V supply looking ideal, but at over $500 that seems a bit much for this type of device? Any recommendations?

Maybe an alternative.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=152347.msg1628527#new

@jtwrace if I am not totaly wrong you use the USB port that is on the atatched card to the Sparky.......the singe USB port is the one to use for the DAC otherwise you dont use the recklocked and separated USB port from the Sparky.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
Just now, octaviars said:

@jtwrace if I am not totaly wrong you use the USB port that is on the atatched card to the Sparky.......the singe USB port is the one to use for the DAC otherwise you dont use the recklocked and separated USB port from the Sparky.

That’s correct and is the entire reason for the Sparky board. 

4 hours ago, octaviars said:

4 hours ago, DarwinOSX said:

That’s correct and is the entire reason for the Sparky board. 

2 hours ago, k-man said:

Same message as the above 2 posts but louder....from your photo IT'S THE SINGLE OUTPUT ON THE TOP!!!! -_-

2 hours ago, k-man said:

PS I envy your smoked black acrylic case. Not that it will matter whenever the metal cases arrive :D

Thanks all for the replies.  So it's the BLUE USB port on the side?  My unit came assembled so I had no idea.  

36 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Thanks all for the replies.  So it's the BLUE USB port on the side?  My unit came assembled so I had no idea.  

So the million dollar question is...does the blue one sound better than the others?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

2 minutes ago, Kelly said:

So the million dollar question is...does the blue one sound better than the others?

I've got it in there now....subjectively, I don't think it does but that might not mean much.  

2 hours ago, jtwrace said:

I would assume no!  Plug into the bridge, not Sparky!  The pictures show a lone USB 2.0 port on the USB Bridge card (above the dual ones you mistakenly plugged into the first time).  I would think you'd stay away from any of the ports on the Sparky card.  The sq differences ought to be obvious.

usbridge.jpg

46 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I would assume no!  Plug into the bridge, not Sparky!  The pictures show a lone USB 2.0 port on the USB Bridge card (above the dual ones you mistakenly plugged into the first time).  I would think you'd stay away from any of the ports on the Sparky card.  The sq differences ought to be obvious.

usbridge.jpg

46 minutes ago, ted_b said:

usbridge.jpg

Yes the bridge. I said Sparky thinking it was the bridge...

So far it seems development has only been restricted to Raspberry Pi,

which is why DigiOne works.

It can be made, if RoPioeee ask Allo for a development board.

Are you seeking Native DSD, or because it's based on Archlinux platform (DietPi is Debian based)?

2 hours ago, k-man said:

So far it seems development has only been restricted to Raspberry Pi,

which is why DigiOne works.

It can be made, if RoPioeee ask Allo for a development board.

Are you seeking Native DSD, or because it's based on Archlinux platform (DietPi is Debian based)?

I would like RoPieee because is practically plug-and-ply (web page configuration) compared to DietPi. Certanly a much better proposition for Linux-ignoramus like me.

Thanks

JoseL

14 hours ago, ted_b said:

usbridge.jpg

Ah ha!  Now that makes a difference!  

Allo USB.JPG

11 hours ago, k-man said:

I'm looking forward to the DietPi custom image- release is soon/imminent. Is it going to rival SonicOrbiter? :o

I'm looking forward to the new kernel update Mon/Tues to get native DSD from my Brooklyn.  :-)