IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

16 hours ago, mentt said:

I have couple of weeks with USBridge now. I can compare it with microRendu/lps1 combo. 

USBridge is more dynamic and has more air. You can say that USBridge has bigger sound and is more musical. Resolution is on the same level. It is interesting that USBridge can perform on this level with stock power supply and microRendu needs lps1 .

in the end it comes down to personal taste and system.

If you look at it from price point of view I would say decision should be easy

my system: ATC scm19, NAD c388, Denon DAC/CD 1520

Thx you very much .

18 hours ago, mentt said:

USBridge is more dynamic and has more air. You can say that USBridge has bigger sound and is more

Thank you @mentt , very interesting feedback !

But from your signature why are you using USBridge ? Isn't NADC388 BLUOS / RoonReady ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

11 hours ago, hurka said:

Sparky Ultra /LPS1.1 - USBridge Ultra /LPS1.2 - Uspcb-Iso Regen/LPS1.3 - Uspcb -Singxer F1 Ultra

:D

For those with SPDIF input DACs:

Have you – or anyone else – been able to compare Sparky/LPS - USBridge/LPS – Singxer F-1 or SU-1 (or Schiit Eitr!)  vs. RPi/LPS - DigiOne? Maybe hacking DigiOne to accept external PSU would bring the latter even further?

5 hours ago, volpone said:

Thank you @mentt , very interesting feedback !

But from your signature why are you using USBridge ? Isn't NADC388 BLUOS / RoonReady ?

Yes, but you need to buy 500$ module for the blue OS and I have ordered ATC SI2 150 AMP for the ATC scm19 speakers

10 hours ago, steklo said:

For those with SPDIF input DACs:

Have you – or anyone else – been able to compare Sparky/LPS - USBridge/LPS – Singxer F-1 or SU-1 (or Schiit Eitr!)  vs. RPi/LPS - DigiOne? Maybe hacking DigiOne to accept external PSU would bring the latter even further?

Only rpi2-iso regen-singxerf1

vs     sparky-iso regen -singxerf1

alredy posted ,the sparky(not burned in)  relaxed,better!!!,rpi more digital taste.

don't know digione,

I'm about to order USBridge to connect to the USB port on my Kef LS50W speakers to use as a Roon endpoint instead of Apple TV connected to TV and TV connected to Kefs by optical.

An already built and USB solution at low cost sounds perfect for me.  

Why would one choose DietPi or Volumio?  Apart from the discount  for DietPi.

3 minutes ago, DarwinOSX said:

I'm about to order USBridge to connect to the USB port on my Kef LS50W speakers to use as a Roon endpoint instead of Apple TV connected to TV and TV connected to Kefs by optical.

An already built and USB solution at low cost sounds perfect for me.  

Why would one choose DietPi or Volumio?  Apart from the discount  for DietPi.

Choose dietPi if you will use it as roon or LMS end point

A smaller investment would be HQPlayer Desktop, and USBridge to be configured as NAA/endpoint. No cost options would be either Logitech Media Server/Squeezelite, or Music Payer Daemon.

All these options can be easily installed/uninstalled in the DietPi configuration screen.

7 hours ago, allo.com said:

You can use any player...usbridge can be configured as airplay , upnp/dlna

Thanks.

After LMS, and RuneAudio, in the past few years I have been using Moode which provides me a number of features including an easy MPD interface, UPNP and mini-DLNA support.

I will start looking in more detail on options to manage them in Diet-Pi.

Ideally, if I can attach a USB disk and use miniDLNA to index my 2Tb Music folder, I will start from there - with Lumin App as controller.
In second instance, if supported, I would need BubbleUPnP server to manage Tidal streaming.

franz

On 27/07/2017 at 11:09 AM, k-man said:

A smaller investment would be HQPlayer Desktop, and USBridge to be configured as NAA/endpoint. No cost options would be either Logitech Media Server/Squeezelite, or Music Payer Daemon.

All these options can be easily installed/uninstalled in the DietPi configuration screen.

At the moment I cannot consider introducing a laptop or a mac in my  chain, which wold be required for a Roon or HQPlayer solution.

I'm very keen to experiment with USBridge but I'd like the Sparky to also act as a player, getting my music from a connected 2Tb USB drive (I do not have a NAS currently).

I guess I can achieve that either with Volumio or LMS running on the Sparky.

I had a spare Sparky laying around so I decided to try it :)

I downloaded the Volumio image from the site, placed it into an SD card, attached a USB Hard Disk with music files and my USB DAC to the Sparky and booted it. 

Volumio could see my music but no sound was coming out.

Logging in showed me that volumio was trying to send the sound output to card 0 while my DAC was being listed as card 1.

Changing the hardware output from 0 to 1 on mpd.conf solved it and I'm currently listening to Macy Gray's "Stripped" in 24bit/88.2KHz with no issues.

So you probably have a solution there franz159.