IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

On 9/11/2017 at 6:53 AM, allo.com said:

Hello H man ,

We are aware of the problem of Mytek Dac and Usbridge and we are working around the clock to find the issue. The patch that we found is "experimental  support " . We dont know how uRendu does it ,  we will try to solve this issue on our own. Jason , Dan , Allo team  , we are exchanging emails daily and testing different ideas . Also we have tried to solve it with Mytek suport with no luck so far.

We are not doing anything special for the Mytek Brooklyn DAC because it should be USB Audio class 2 compliant. I think the patch you found is for the older Mytek Stereo 192/DSD DAC which has been discontinued. 

Thank's allo for your work, naw I have dietpi from 12.09 and 44.1kHz work OK on oppo ha-2 but...

I play on MPD, when I connect to Sparky USB3.0 work ok, but when I connect to usbridge
music work OK too, but when I want to change the track the music hangs.
The same situation it is on Amanero, crashes when change of track.

Of course, when I press the stop before turning another song I can continue playing.

14 hours ago, PJotr said:

Thank's allo for your work, naw I have dietpi from 12.09 and 44.1kHz work OK on oppo ha-2 but...

I play on MPD, when I connect to Sparky USB3.0 work ok, but when I connect to usbridge

Of course, when I press the stop before turning another song I can continue playing.

We tested on latest version...we see no problem on changing to next song. Are you powering through the DC jack ?

15 hours ago, PJotr said:

Spoke to soon , we are able to replicate he behavior.  Working on a fix

A little off topic (but not really)...

This is just a shout out to the great Allo team (Andre, et al), and the awesome support that they have provided to me.   Some of you may recall that I bought the Sparky/USBridge from Allo, only to find out later that I cannot use it with exaSound DAC due to the proprietary Linux drivers that is uses, and thus I couldn't use the USBridge.  That is unfortunate as I really wanted to put it into my streaming loop.  Anyways, Allo was understanding, and they took care of me!

You see the support they are providing here, and with my issue resolved, I can't recommend them highly enough, and they are the real deal!

Thanks Allo!

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

40 minutes ago, 1markr said:

You see the support they are providing here, and with my issue resolved, I can't recommend them highly enough, and they are the real deal!

Wait, are you saying that Allo got your Sparky/USBridge to work with your exaSound DAC?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@rickca - I should have been more clear... No it doesn't work with the ExaSound; I was able to return it back to Allo.

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

1 minute ago, 1markr said:

@rickca - I should have been more clear... No it doesn't work with the ExaSound; I was able to return it back to Allo.

Ohhh!  OK well that's the second time I've misunderstood you!  Remember the first time I thought you wanted to sell your DAC!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

LOL... yeah, it's probably me and my writing!

28 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Working hard on it...things are advancing nicely . We should have proto in about 4 weeks for internal testing.

I've never seen such good communication and customer support.  I'm really impressed.