IGNORED

DIY DC power cables

2 hours ago, tboooe said:

Just ordered some GX16-2 connectors to make some star quad cables from my HD Plex linear power supply to my NAA PC and wireless bridge.  I am going star quad crazy!

Hi  tboooe,

I don't know what diameter wire you will be using with the GX16 plugs - but just thought you'd like to know you may be in for a bit of filing

The 4wire speaker cable I used is OD 7.5mm and I had to use a small round file to remove the little flat bridges at the rear of the GX plugs - otherwise the cable was too large to fit

Michael

P1010973.thumb.JPG.d20db35b99aae183fa2aa2888eabe78a.JPGP1010978.thumb.JPG.928adba5038a1d986a77bafbec0c1194.JPG

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I think you misunderstood. 

If you use the new UpTone USPCB between MicroRendu and ISO regen, then you may have a challange. 

@Superdad have not put any measurements on his website yet

IF you look at the photo's of the USPCB in the press release you can see that even with the Heatshrink it will be just a bit wider than the width of an "A" metal shellUSPCB_web.thumb.jpg.de79903e3eecae58a9e99f857dda801f.jpg

I sure it's finished size is not going to present any problems

3 hours ago, Daudio said:

Michael,

I think the confusion here is that the concern is about the USPCB's length, not its width. Will there be enough room for the power connector and cable to bend out without interferring with the case of whatever is plugged into the other end of the very short USPCB ?

OK - got it - but only if using it between PC/Streamer and ISO Regen, which is not it's intended purpose

17 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Ok, great job, but spill the beans on where/how you came up with the right angle connecter ! Home made perhaps ?  And why tease us with that crummy old Amazon thing :)

It's a recycled Elec plug( without casing) -just bent the Gnd tab/strain relief 90 degrees

Had to use 19mm Heatshrink ( 3:1) to fit over the right angle

And yes, as per John's instructions the black wire is the loop completer Gnd wire

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

@Michael-Elijah Audio, what star quad cable did you use that has the shielding?  

I didn't - I used the Response 4 wire speaker cable with an external expandable shield from here:

http://www.vt4c.com/shop/program/main.php?cat_id=22&group_id=3

AlthoughI think R1200CL's idea of using Canare shielded star quad is a better choice for the Ghent cables and DIY

Also - not sure why some are concerned about hiding the loop wire  - from my understanding of JS's recipe - it's best not to have the loop wire touching the shield more than the connection points - surely by have it concealed in an outer sleeve, it will be much closer than is ideal

Michael

Got it - I think -  easy as pie DIY Y cable

Order 3 cables from Ghent unterminated at one end - at your required lengths

For eg - 1 x 30cm , 2 x 15cm

Get a pack of these  Wago connectors - About $10 for 10 

5911db1f07088_211CQGTVGL._AC_SR160160_-Copy.thumb.jpg.d752f22a47fd4364fe20ffd036854feb.jpg

The 6 positive wires  go in one connector - 6 negative wires  go in another

Here's a vid about them