IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vi DAC has an update. It's the third official Indiegogo update in over a year. All three of the last 3 updates have been about producing the case. In case you missed this update: After all these years LHL has (again) reached the concept of (yet another) prototype - of the case. No information or update is provided about the internal components, or CCX modules, or software, or the timeline, or compatibility and availability of the other related products, or whether manufacturing can be financed.

Cry or laugh? Move on. Again.

26 minutes ago, Superdad said:

What an ugly box!

Certainly not what backers signed up for.

jpeg

If only it were a bonafide box! - Alas, it's a drawing of a concept box from a man who has squandered it's funding over years of promises and box designs (and even a few completed units along the way). So this box drawing still needs to be manufactured, fitted with the internal components board and loaded with firmware and tested AS A PROTOTYPE. And then ... all over again. And then shipped....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, Cecil said:

One of (the many) frustrations I've had is that Indiegogo has shown no interest whatsoever in doing anything about what has gone on here. I, like others, contacted them a very long time ago and they made it quite clear that any issues I had with a campaign was between me and the campaign owner.

According to the California AG,

However it seems Indiegogo is a crowdfunding platform that takes no responsibility in enabling the success of scams and thus offers no help to victims. They are quite happy though to take their cut.

I really think Indiegogo has the values and actions of serious criminals - they only care about easy money. Lucky for them that they have created a website platform that just sits there and generates just that - easy money ("crowd funding").

Gogo does nothing but provide this web platform. Anyone can post any (marketing) campaign in the hopes of generating cash. People post ideas with the best marketing they can muster and then see how much money rolls in. Gogo doesn't care if a campaign makes nothing,  $5, or 50 million because their job is done and they get a cut for doing nothing but providing the website platform.

Sure, some campaigns actually deliver on promises but the odds are not good for those contributing money. This is because some campaigns are scams from the start and many more "want to provide what they promise" but aren't equipped to do so. A campaign can fail at any point. Starting from the beginning, it's easy to find campaigns that  set goals far too low and even when they exceed the goal it's literally impossible to pay what it takes to design, test, manufacture, and ship the product.

Let's not forget the money is not accounted for by anyone. How and when a campaign spends the money that they collected is up to them.

Gogo appears to enjoy a legal loophole that allows this insanity. That loophole needs to become a noose.

Any of us can create a marketing campaign of fancy photos and exciting text promising the moon for a "low - low price" and post it on Indiegogo. If the marketing generates even a dollar, Gogo takes their cut and sits back doing nothing. The person(s) posting the campaign collect and then do whatever they wan with the money. -AFAICT

• 2 weeks later...

LHL Wave UPDATE #188: It’s like LHL just makes updates in order to add salt to the wounds of their investors – since there’s obviously no hope, much less any plan, about HOW anything will ever be manufactured much less delivered or refunded. This 2020 update is no more than another drawing-  after all these years! LHL's lack of an actual doable plan has eroded from the early days of fancy marketing talk (now understood as lies) to rare and minimal project updates (on this or that dead campaign). Only now they don't even pretend to have a plan (well last year they did claim a few Vi DACs and Source's would ship, but no one believed it because we know better by now. And guess what, nothing shipped). So why update? I've asked myself that question for at least a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...