IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

27 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I assume JA has a basis for believing Schiit told him a falsehood. 

There was also the Asgard power off power glitch that was reported on publically and which Schiit lied about several times before fixing the issue. http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/banned-at-head-fi.html

Interesting, I assume that this is the same nwavguy of Objective DAC fame?  In Schiit's defense, such a damning occurrence is more likely to be the result from some last minute (and untested) design change that had unforeseen consequences, or from ordering a batch of widgets with this or that specification but the (most likely Asian) supplier delivering widgets with a different specification (but stamped with what you ordered, of course) than anything intentional by Jason.  nwavguy is probably wrong in his speculation that Schiit simply did not bother to do minimal measurements...probably...

That said, it is incumbent upon companies (big and small) to "not be evil" and listen to their customers.  Either that, or suffer from the fallout.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

12 minutes ago, crenca said:

Interesting, I assume that this is the same nwavguy of Objective DAC fame?  In Schiit's defense, such a damning occurrence is more likely to be the result from some last minute (and untested) design change that had unforeseen consequences, or from ordering a batch of widgets with this or that specification but the (most likely Asian) supplier delivering widgets with a different specification (but stamped with what you ordered, of course) than anything intentional by Jason.  nwavguy is probably wrong in his speculation that Schiit simply did not bother to do minimal measurements...probably...

That said, it is incumbent upon companies (big and small) to "not be evil" and listen to their customers.  Either that, or suffer from the fallout.

It's the same guy, yeah.

It started with this:

Schiit came out and said there was nothing to worry about and it was normal. Someone did some measurements that showed the output current was many times what Schiit claimed. Schiit denied it a few more times, but then ultimately resolved the issue by adding a delay to the circuit during shutdown.

Mani doesn't even know if "the glitch" is what causes  his "ears to bleed". Yet no one else says Yggy causes their ears to bleed. My ears are enriched when listening to the Yggdrasil.

GUTB makes claims the Yggdrasil has design flaws AND that Schiit responds with falsehoods. No problem. It's just an opinion......

They aren't going to provide facts and you are going to let them keep spitting this crap.

Like I said, I am done with this crap.....

3 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Mani doesn't even know if "the glitch" is what causes  his "ears to bleed". Yet no one else says Yggy causes their ears to bleed. My ears are enriched when listening to the Yggdrasil.

GUTB makes claims the Yggdrasil has design flaws AND that Schiit responds with falsehoods. No problem. It's just an opinion......

They aren't going to provide facts and you are going to let them keep spitting this crap.

I agree, you need a break from this one. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I didn't say Schiit was lying about the Yggdrasil, just that JA believes that Schiit made a false claim that the LSBs are rounded. He based that judgment on his measurements.

The design flaws are well documented in this thread, no need to go over them again. Another famous example of a design flaw is the Ragnarok's intelligent bias system which resulted in audible artifacts.

7 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Does he have any kind of special relationship with the competitor?

Do I have a special relationship with a manufacturer? Not sure what you mean by 'special', but sure, I get on with many of the Principals of the companies that produce the gear I own. Manolis at Tune Audio, Reinhard at Thöress, Thomas at Elrog, Pat at AR-T... and yes, Peter at Phasure... among others.

Having the ability to form relationships is the sort of skill that seems lacking in certain posters here o.O.

7 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Is there a DAC maker that he advocates for as strongly as he savages Schiit?

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe he is now a fan of @PeterSt DAC and says so online. In the past he was a big fan of the Pacific Microsonics (as am I). 

Oh, I have a new one now. The Altmann Attraction DAC. Only 12,000 Euros now. Bargain at twice the price. Look how I 'strongly advocated' it in this thread: DAC test - 'Old School' vs. 'New Kid'.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

7 hours ago, GUTB said:

JA believes that Schiit made a false claim that the LSBs are rounded. He based that judgment on his measurements.

What I read in JA's testing was his *assumption* regarding truncation (prior to Jason Stoddard's clarification on Head-Fi that rounding is used), and no statement from him about false manufacturer claims.  Do you know of any such statement by John Atkinson?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, manisandher said:

Do I have a special relationship with a manufacturer? Not sure what you mean by 'special', but sure, I get on with many of the Principals of the companies that produce the gear I own. Manolis at Tune Audio, Reinhard at Thöress, Thomas at Elrog, Pat at AR-T... and yes, Peter at Phasure... among others.

Having the ability to form relationships is the sort of skill that seems lacking in certain posters here o.O.

Oh, I have a new one now. The Altmann Attraction DAC. Only 12,000 Euros now. Bargain at twice the price. Look how I 'strongly advocated' it in this thread: DAC test - 'Old School' vs. 'New Kid'.

Mani.

I'm so impressed by how much Mani can afford . Maybe I'll give his opinions more weight . Lmao . 

You best friends with Peter , correct ? 

13 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

I'm so impressed by how much Mani can afford . Maybe I'll give his opinions more weight . Lmao . 

Wow. Again, resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Do you make such a comment about everyone here who has expensive equipment? Maybe you should repeat the same comment every time Chris posts - he has a very expensive system (sorry Chris).

Everyone one has equipment they like and don't like. Mani doesn't like the sound of the Yogy-big deal. Get over it.

He's talked about many DACs that he likes - except for one they aren't made by Peter. So why bring that up? How is it relevant?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

17 minutes ago, firedog said:

Wow. Again, resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Do you make such a comment about everyone here who has expensive equipment? Maybe you should repeat the same comment every time Chris posts - he has a very expensive system (sorry Chris).

Everyone one has equipment they like and don't like. Mani doesn't like the sound of the Yogy-big deal. Get over it.

He's talked about many DACs that he likes - except for one they aren't made by Peter. So why bring that up? How is it relevant?

I do this because it appears Mani has ulterior motives in attacking Schiit and it's flagship dac , the Yggdrasil . I read all of the former Yggdrasil thread and that just increased my suspicions . 

Yet he claims the Chord 2qute is superior to the Yggy . 

I dare anyone to compare the two in blind testing and judge for themselves . 

His dac opinions are worth little imo . 

By the way , he constantly brings up how much he makes and can afford . Just look at prior Yggy threads . It's annoying .i have never seen anyone else in this forum do this , ever .

28 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

I've met Peter face-to-face exactly two times in my life. (I wish it were many, many times more because he's one of the most remarkable people I know... but there you go.) If this is your idea of 'best friends', then my earlier comment is more apt than even I could have imagined:

4 hours ago, manisandher said:

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

2 minutes ago, manisandher said:

I've met Peter face-to-face exactly two times in my life. (I wish it were many, many times more because he's one of the most remarkable people I know... but there you go.) If this is your idea of 'best friends', then my earlier comment is more apt than even I could have imagined:

Mani.

Thanks for clarifying  Nope that's hardly best friends . 

5 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

By the way , he constantly brings up how much he makes and can afford . Just look at prior Yggy threads . It's annoying .i have never seen anyone else in this forum do this , ever .

I may have mentioned that I'm in the fortunate position to buy any DAC I want (within reason). If that irritates you... that's your problem.

I normally charge for my coaching services, but it seems you're in dire need of some. So here you go... this is totally for free :D:

One way of interpreting the word 'responsibility' is to break it into its two components, i.e. 'response' and 'ability'. Everyone should have the ability to respond to any stimulus in which ever way works best for everyone involved.

Horny, take control of your feelings towards things other people say on internet forums.

Mani.

1 minute ago, manisandher said:

I may have mentioned that I'm in the fortunate position to buy any DAC I want (within reason). If that irritates you... that's your problem.

I normally charge for my coaching services, but it seems you're in dire need of some. So here you go... this is totally for free :D:

One way of interpreting the word 'responsibility' is to break it into its two components, i.e. 'response' and 'ability'. Everyone should have the ability to respond to any stimulus in which ever way works best for everyone involved.

Horny, take control of your feelings towards things other people say on internet forums.

Mani.

In the states , we call people who constantly boast about what they can afford or what they earn A...... Holes . 

I don't know if they do the same in the U.K. 

12 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

In the states , we call people who constantly boast about what they can afford or what they earn A...... Holes . 

I don't know if they do the same in the U.K. 

Totally your problem. Deal with it.

Mani.

1 minute ago, manisandher said:

Totally your problem. Deal with it.

Mani.

Have to say if I owned a business or was an individual that pays for your motivational speaking or whatever it is and I saw your posts in this thread I would cancel your contract . 

23 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

I do this because it appears Mani has ulterior motives in attacking Schiit and it's flagship dac , the Yggdrasil . I read all of the former Yggdrasil thread and that just increased my suspicions . 

Yet he claims the Chord 2qute is superior to the Yggy . 

I dare anyone to compare the two in blind testing and judge for themselves . 

His dac opinions are worth little imo . 

Horny, I think we've gone through the usual "ulterior motive" reasons and they aren't there.  What about the obvious motive, that a bunch of folks keep saying "How can you say that?!", and he keeps answering?  (Yeah, I know, way too simple, right?)

As far as the cost of Mani's system, I think I may have brought that up more than he has.  My apologies if I've done that to such a degree it seems obnoxious.

Regarding your opinion of Mani's taste in equipment, as I've said before I think we all evaluate whether or not others share our tastes, and your comments on this seem perfectly fair to me.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, hornytoad said:
13 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Have to say if I owned a business or was an individual that pays for your motivational speaking or whatever it is and I saw your posts in this thread I would cancel your contract . 

Think for a minute if someone said you should fail in your business/job because they didn't like what you said on a hobbyist web forum.  Would you think that was a little much, and maybe they should leave off the personal attacks?

Edit: To be clear, that was hornytoad I was quoting.  The forum quote mechanism may have made it look like mani's.

19 minutes ago, Jud said:

Think for a minute if someone said you should fail in your business/job because they didn't like what you said on a hobbyist web forum.  Would you think that was a little much, and maybe they should leave off the personal attacks?

Edit: To be clear, that was hornytoad I was quoting.  The forum quote mechanism may have made it look like mani's.

It's his tone and condescension  ,not his diatribe about the Yggy itself. 

On 4/1/2017 at 7:44 PM, manisandher said:

Way too many overly-sensitive people here. You put facts and evidence forward for your point of view on something and instead of counter-argument, they come back with name-calling and ad hominem attacks.

Can I just say that I'm in no way pleased that what I stated a while back is being so evidently displayed in this thread. It's sad.

Mani.

4 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

besides....schiit doesnt do dsd (grin)

Image result for popcorn emoticon

Mani.