IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

HP gear is how I discovered Schiit in the first place.  But I've kind of moved on now.  I have a Lyr 2, and really like it, but I've recently been using Lake People/Violectric gear and find it superior.  I'm not a huge fan of tubes.  I prefer linearity.

I am currently using a Schiit saga (mostly to roll tubes and see what happens), but also have moved on from them in the HP space as well.  

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm not following you.  Mani did not perform the measurements and has only JA's "reputation" as a measure of accuracy and validity.  They are being presented as "factually correct information", when they could certainly be characterized as, "produced by an industry insider with any number of possible biases".

I'm willing to pay to have a Yggy measured by a third party if you have doubts about the measurements. I love the DAC and it helps me realize that certain measurements don't matter to me in my system. 

47 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

Mani has said the Chord 2 qute is awesome(and I do believe it is very good ) and said it is better than the Yggy. 

I can tell you that I listened to both for over a year and I completely disagree with that assessment as I felt the Yggy was superior in every way. I sold the Chord 2 qute but still liked it.

So based on his comparison of these two dacs , I give little weight to his opinions.  

I like the color red. You like the color blue. Do to this, you give little weight to my opinions. 

I encourage you to not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm willing to pay to have a Yggy measured by a third party if you have doubts about the measurements. I love the DAC and it helps me realize that certain measurements don't matter to me in my system.

I'm not following you Chris.  Why would you do that if you don't care?  I don't care either.  But I certainly view anything that comes from JA as suspect.

21 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

OMFG, it was Mani!  Dude's got a real axe to grind there!

Shock, horror! I commented on the Yggy's glitch a year ago! Hang on, I mentioned that in my first post in this thread:

On 3/30/2017 at 9:49 AM, manisandher said:

I mentioned the Yggy's zero-crossing glitching a while ago.

Old news.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

7 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I'm not following you Chris.  Why would you do that if you don't care?  I don't care either.  But I certainly view anything that comes from JA as suspect.

I just like to make sure we have all the facts with which to work. If there's reason to believe the measurements aren't right, it could be of great service to get them done again. Plus, if these measurements correspond to this sound, people will have this information to help them if they so choose. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just like to make sure we have all the facts with which to work. If there's reason to believe the measurements aren't right, it could be of great service to get them done again. Plus, if these measurements correspond to this sound, people will have this information to help them if they so choose. 

Do what you gotta do man.  :)

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I like the color red. You like the color blue. Do to this, you give little weight to my opinions. 

I encourage you to not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I give Mani's opinions little weight because I know he is a Schiit hater. 

10 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The evidence suggests you're wrong:

Mani.

You're just reposting your old post over and over.  I said Yggy, not Schiit.  and you forgot this one:

That's the most important one, right?

EDIT: By the way, what was all the secrecy around your "reference DAC"?  Are you a DAC manufacturer or designer by any chance?

EDIT2: Phasure!  All you guys have been playing me.  Mani is slagging a competitor! And no one thought to speak up?  Wow.

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Plus, if these measurements correspond to this sound, people will have this information to help them if they so choose. 

That's all I've tried to do from the outset.

Sleep time over this side of the pond. Have fun y'all.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

9 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The evidence suggests you're wrong:

Mani.

But Mani fails to post this comment he made in the Chord 2qute thread: 

I've just bought a 2Qute to play around with. Wow, what a DAC for the money! Being fed from a Paul Hynes PSU, I strongly prefer the 2Qute to the Schiit Yggy I had here a few months ago - it doesn't make my ears bleed like the Yggy did!

But he fails to mention these posts. 

I would have thought some of the treble harshness from Chord dacs might do this!

I don't think anyone hates the Yggdrasil or Schiit in general in this thread. I have noted, however, a tendency to shill for Schiit beyond reason in some Internet communities such as Head-Fi and SBAF. Some people just lose their marbles when design failures and strange measurements are exposed in Schiit products.

Was JA being overly harsh when he called the Yggdrasil "obsolete"? I think so, yeah. But, if you take it in context with all the bad measurements, design flaws and falsehoods he's seen out of Schiit, you can appreciate where he was coming from, emotionally.

1 minute ago, GUTB said:

Was JA being overly harsh when he called the Yggdrasil "obsolete"? I think so, yeah. But, if you take it in context with all the bad measurements, design flaws and falsehoods he's seen out of Schiit, you can appreciate where he was coming from, emotionally.

We should consider what makes something obsolete in his mind and why. I believe the PCM only, 24/96 max AudioQuest DragonFly is one of his favorites.