IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

Thanks @Miska.

I have tried and also faced some unknown system issue prompts from Unbuntu Studio 20.04.

Just downloaded and installed Mint 20.1 and install official Ubuntu 5.8.0-55 hwe low latency kernel.

So far seem to be working well with slightly lower CPU and RAM load comparing the same low latency kernel running on stock Unbuntu Desktop 20.04.2

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex: H3V3 case - i7-12700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

Ubiquiti EdgerouterX SFP / Sonore Optical Module / Linear Power Supply for all

53 minutes ago, skipspence said:

@Miska as a feature request, is it possible to add a support for more than one disc in NetMount (3 were fine) to have access to all of them when using library? Currently there's only one disc for use and to access the other one you need to mount again.

You mean HQPlayer OS? You can manually already do this and scan library from all of those. Easiest is to place all mount points under same subfolder and thus make library scans easier by pointing scan to the common parent.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

You mean HQPlayer OS? You can manually already do this and scan library from all of those. Easiest is to place all mount points under same subfolder and thus make library scans easier by pointing scan to the common parent.

Thanks @Miska, what is the separation mark between the mount points if placing them under same subfolder, is it like ; or?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, chipvn said:

Thanks @Miska.

I have tried and also faced some unknown system issue prompts from Unbuntu Studio 20.04.

Just downloaded and installed Mint 20.1 and install official Ubuntu 5.8.0-55 hwe low latency kernel.

So far seem to be working well with slightly lower CPU and RAM load comparing the same low latency kernel running on stock Unbuntu Desktop 20.04.2

Although Linux Mint 20.1 work well with HQP Desktop 4.11.2 AMD, I could not restart/shutdown the computer via Remote Desktop (using XRDP) from my Windows 10 computer.

Switched back to Ubuntu Desktop 20.04.2 with their stock lowlatency kernel.

RoonROCK: NUC8i5 Akasa case > HQPlayer OS in HDPlex: H3V3 case - i7-12700K > Oratek TOFU Raspberry Pi CM4  - Jussi's NAA OS > Holo Spring 3 L2 DAC with Preamp > DIY EL84PP amp > Snell Type E/III speakers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

It is one line per item in /etc/fstab, once you have added one through the web interface, you have an example there too.

Then how I can scan each separate one, not all at once?

Sorry, but if I add them one by one I can't scan all at ones, only the last one mounted, same with playing from library - only the last mounted disc wil play...

7 minutes ago, skipspence said:

With Ubuntu Server and HQPlayer embedded installed how much space does it require ?

Also for download for Ubuntu Server there are 3 options.

1. Instant Ubuntu VMS

2. Manual server installation

3. Automated server provisioning

Which is the one to install ? Thanks

41 minutes ago, skipspence said:

... as it should look like //192.168.x.xxx/disc1; disc2; disc3 or some other way?  Sorry can't elaborate right syntax.. If you could correct me please?

Syntax of fstab is one item per line. Per each line, first source device (share), second mount point, third filesystem type, fourth mount options, fifth dump interval (leave at zero), sixth bootup check order

//123.123.123.123/share1	/music/share1	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//123.123.123.123/share2	/music/share2	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//321.321.321.321/sharex	/music/sharex	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0

Mount point directories need to exist.

See manual page linked in my earlier post for more details on fstab syntax.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Syntax of fstab is one item per line. Per each line, first source device (share), second mount point, third filesystem type, fourth mount options, fifth dump interval (leave at zero), sixth bootup check order

//123.123.123.123/share1	/music/share1	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//123.123.123.123/share2	/music/share2	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0
//321.321.321.321/sharex	/music/sharex	cifs	iocharset=utf8,user=jussi,pass=hello	0	0

Mount point directories need to exist.

See manual page linked in my earlier post for more details on fstab syntax.

And to add some new items to directories means scanning the whole mount point anew.

8 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Working already half an hour to add only 1 new item to 2Tb HDD right now on regular scan..

And the clean scan was not checked? What kind of NAS is it? And at least hqplayerd 4.23? I've been scanning 1 TB of fresh music in such time. From a server running Ubuntu 20.04.

19 minutes ago, Miska said:

And the clean scan was not checked? What kind of NAS is it? And at least hqplayerd 4.23? I've been scanning 1 TB of fresh music in such time. From a server running Ubuntu 20.04.

Not really NAS, just storage on my other machine, LMS on Gentoo (Daphile), guess nothing is wrong here, can send a log file, maybe it's of non-registered software, yes it's 4.23.0 and yes I finally added the album after 45 minutes of scanning..

Earlier I was able to scan my another 1Tb HDD by no adding nothing new in several minutes on the same machine..

When up dating to latest HQPlayer on Ubuntu Server recieved this.What do I do leave as deault select N or O.Never seen this before ?

Configuration file '/etc/ssh/ssh_config'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** ssh_config (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

@Miska

Thank you for HQPe OS x64 update to 4.24.0. I'm experiencing a similar white noise/garbled sound that I experienced with 4.23.0, this never occurred with 4.22.3. So far it's only occurring with low bitrate, 128k, internet streams. I'm also using NAA 4121. PCM-only, filter doesn't seem to matter, 32fs into May dac USB.

Specifically, https://planetpootwaddle.com played through Roon. Stop and restart the stream usually resolves it. I've not had the issue occur with CD-quality streams or files on disk.

Hi @Miska, I could not run sinc-Mx filter on my underclock i7-9700. While the CPU load is about the same (or slightly higher) as ext2 filter (which is not so high), I could run ext2 and ext3 but sinc-Mx.

When looking at the CPU load and Network output (to NAA) load, I can see that the load on both having similar sine wave pattern.

spacer.png

Is this normal pattern for sinc-Mx filter?